It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

In just about seven weeks, people will be able to start buying Obamacare-approved insurance plans through the new health care exchanges.

But already, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is predicting those plans, and the whole system of distributing them, will eventually be moot.

Rigged to Fail

“What we’ve done with Obamacare is have a step in the right direction, but we’re far from having something that’s going to work forever,” Reid said.

So Obama care was passed to screw the system up even more Reid?

So the decades of Reid and his party were intentionally to create the higher cost of healthcare so they could push through a 'single payer'?

A single payer?

Do the Reids in this country not like a free market where business products, and services come from the private sector.?

Guess they don't.

To me this is like if all the big oil companies formed 1 single payer for gasoline.

To me this is like if JP Morgan bought up all the banks and there was only one place to get a home mortgage.

And there are people who support this which I don't get I see the abject failures of anything government touches, especially medicare, and medicaid.

This is simply dumbfounding Obama care was suppose to fix the healthcare system to make it 'cheaper', but nope it is a step in the right direction of a single payer which means?

They will manipulate the cost of healthcare just like they did before to push through a single payer, just like the manipulated to push through Obama care.

Corporate products need to stay in the private sector. insurance based healthcare that corporate product needs to stay right where it is. and those people like Reid stop manipulating it to make it more expensive so they can play 'God'.
edit on 10-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Oh the nerve of this sorry sack of dog turd. A long way from something that can last?! Then WHAT the HECK was this all for???? Oh yes, we've all suspected it was built to fail and hence, leave NO choice in the end but a bailout of the whole damn thing into a Government formed single-payer system. To hear it all but confirmed and with what almost sounds like a smirk to his words is what I'd call criminal.

How many quotes ..how many press conferences would Scary Harry like to hear where he, Pelosi and other leaders of that push said JUST THE OPPOSITE at the time and how THIS system would be the fix to stand the test of time (with some tweaks perhaps).. Oh, now we get to the truth of it.

We're going to suffer badly so their end result can be reached...because they knew damn well no one in this nation would have CHOSEN their end result from the system we had just a few years ago.

How long does it take to ruin one of the finest medical systems in the world? Just a few years, it seems....and I never would have believed it possible for sudden result.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Most of us against this monstrosity were screaming this to our Reps in congress while the Rinos made their backdoor deals and got their pockets greased by rich lobbyists while telling everyone "we have to pass the bill to find out whats in it" what a load of crap...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

But already, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is predicting those plans, and the whole system of distributing them, will eventually be moot.

Now Now Harry.

We knew something was up your sleeve when you were shouting and jumping up and down about that 'public option' thing during the final days of the ObamaCare debate.

I remember sending you a letter about how I thought you were actually 'predicting' the future.

You never answered back

I think they had this master plan from the beginning.

Just think, they will spend gazillions on this failed effort, and then claim there is no choice left.

a commie is a commie is a commie

It's hilarious how he jumps the gun sometimes.

He just can't help himself

edit on Aug-10-2013 by xuenchen because: :shk:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Good.

The private market has proven itself powerfully inept at providing healthcare insurance. The profit motive is a horrible incentive when it comes to providing healthcare. Single Payer has proven itself the much more effective system to use by any metric. Yes it will mean that a poor person will have equal right to many services as rich people when it comes to healthcare, but I don't see even the rich in single payer countries clamoring for private market insurance and preexisting condition exceptions.

This is one of those issues that I cannot align myself with people on this board. The private market had its chance to prove it could provide insurance. All it proved was it could provide skyrocketing rates, denied services and became the #1 source of bankruptcy in America.

I would love for someone to show a single way that our private insurance system has ever been superior to France's public insurance system which is rated #1 in the world by most independent studies.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by evictiongnostic

So what part of Reid and his party were manipulating the private market did someone miss?

I will take private insurance any day over what government 'gives'.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Why, yes, Xuenchen, I am getting that Cloward-Piven feeling. Thank you for asking!

I don't get it. If they want to work toward a single-payer system, why didn't they just do that in the first place (not that I'm all that keen on the idea)? I would prefer a free market solution as opposed to being forced into it, as would many.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I'll give your post a star if you can guess who said, "the scariest words a person can hear is, 'i'm from the government and I'm here to help'". I'll give ya a hint, it wasn't Harry Reid lol

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

One problem.

The U.S. political system is riddled with theft and corruption.

Take that out and maybe something would work.

Remember that France along with many other nations got devastated by WW2.

WW2 killed off most 'insurance' of any kind I would think.

The commies here do it different.

ObamaCare is step 1.

Step 1a is to overload the system (Cloward-Piven).

The failure of 1a will lead into a default system.

I bet they will use private contractors to manage most of it.

Medicare and Medicaid has been.

Only a complete repeal and re-legislation will solve the current and soon to be problems.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

So what part of Reid and his party were manipulating the private market did someone miss?

I will take private insurance any day over what government 'gives'.

Absolutely on this. We haven't seen what the free market in medical can do in a couple decades now. Over-regulation (Pre/During Carter) led to de-regulation (Reagan) which has then morphed over time into TOTAL regulation as we're seeing develop now.

The last two lines under General Hospital Stats...tell the tale. That's not capitalism or anything but Corruptism. Free markets worked just fine before 1990 as a point to pick, right?

Why people blame this on the system itself and not the political scum who float to the top to run it into the ground, kinda baffles me?
edit on 10-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Why people blame this on the system itself and not the political scum who float to the top to run it into the ground, kinda baffles me?

All roads lead to Washington and those people on Capitol Hill why they refuse to see that is willful ignorance.

The US government was given the power to run commerce to promote competition not run it in to ground because of their political ideology..

They will never see that.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OblivionGate
reply to post by xuenchen

Why, yes, Xuenchen, I am getting that Cloward-Piven feeling. Thank you for asking!

I don't get it. If they want to work toward a single-payer system, why didn't they just do that in the first place (not that I'm all that keen on the idea)? I would prefer a free market solution as opposed to being forced into it, as would many.

It's possible that a single payer system would have been unconstitutional.

States' rights and all that. it's debatable.

Many people argued that by simply placing everybody on Medicare would have worked.

I wonder why that didn't happen.

Plus, the health insurance debate is only part of the end plan.

If it's really a commie agenda, then they need to put inflated pressure on the whole economic system, and get the outrageous spending to take its toll.

Plus that, I don't really think we are dealing with rational people in the first place.

It wouldn't be the first example in history.

Does everybody know who really killed the 'public option' ?

It was the Democrats. Which leads me to believe Harry and Company had it planned that way.

Caucus politics present another dilemma: The public option died due to the opposition of Nelson, Landrieu, Lincoln, Lieberman and a handful of other conservative -- and vulnerable -- Democrats. Reid cut a deal with them, and they signed onto the final product. For many, that was a big political risk. The price was letting them say they killed the public option. Bringing it back to the bill will mean they voted for a bill that ended up including something they'd promised their constituents they'd killed. Cross them on this and you've lost their trust -- and thus their votes -- in the future.

?????

When two gears mesh together, the second one always turns in the opposite direction. So if the first one turns clockwise, the second one must turn counterclockwise.

The politicians always seem to add a third gear that jams the mechanism.

One gear tries to change the direction of 2 other interjoined gears.

Guess what always happens.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by evictiongnostic
The private market has proven itself powerfully inept at providing healthcare insurance.

Not true at all.
Optional private insurance provides excellent coverage where I live (for a reasonable annual deductible of ~3200€).

Originally posted by evictiongnostic
The profit motive is a horrible incentive when it comes to providing healthcare.

Also not true.
Private insurance companies make good profits here (as they should for good performance), but they also refunded premiums for example, so I actually got money back from them last year (and I'm still thinking about totally "opting out").

*ETA:
The one thing that I agree with you about is that I also don't understand why the U.S. didn't simply adopt a working healthcare modell.
edit on 10-8-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

“What we’ve done with Obamacare is have a step in the right direction, but we’re far from having something that’s going to work forever,” Reid said.

So now Harry insinuates that ObamaCare isn't going to work forever

So now all the victims to be are really sacrificial scapegoats ?

Newsflash Harry ---- it ain't gonna work from the git go either !!

But you knew that right

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This isn't news, the statist progressives have been trying to control us via healthcare for 100 years.

top topics

join