It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian foreign minister tells US to behave 'like grown-ups"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The Russian Foreign Minister told Obama to grow up. (he said 'the US should grow up' .. but everyone knows he was addressing Obama and his administration) And he said this while standing next to John Kerry. That was ballsy. Russia said that Snowden wasn't going anywhere and that Russia had an obligation to protect him. Russia also isn't backing down on it's stand with Syria and it continues to demand (and get) US concessions on just about everything.

Russia is stomping on the Obama administration with no end to the stomping in sight.
Obama and his administration are limp and useless with Russia at this point.

I wish Putin was an American. He's strong. He is capable. He knows what he's doing. He doesn't take any crap from anyone. He doesn't blink. He's no wimp. He doesn't back down and he doesn't give his country away. Obama on the other hand .... well ... :shk:

Russian foreign minister tells US to behave 'like grown-ups

Sergei Lavrov chided the US administration two days after President Barack Obama scrapped a summit with Mr Putin when Russia granted asylum to Edward Snowden, the fugitive US spy.

"We need to work as grown-ups," he told a press conference in Washington alongside John Kerry, the US Secretary of State. "This is what we do. And we hope that this will be reciprocal"...

A senior foreign ministry official told Russian state media yesterday the Kremlin saw "no topic for discussion" on Mr Snowden as the decision to grant him asylum had already been made. Accusing the US of "blowing the situation out of proportion," Sergei Ryabkov insisted Moscow had no choice but to protect Mr Snowden from a potential death penalty in the US.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Obama needs to check himself before he wrecks us all. That's just outright embarrassing. Next Putin will be lecturing us on the finer points of Democracy and how we aren't close to it anymore.

Oh.. Wait.. I think he's already done that to us too. (and made good points, was the worst part.
)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I agree with the Russians on this one.

American foriegn policy these days is reminiscent of a 3 year old little girl taking a temper tantrum every time she doesn't get her own way.

Russia: "no we wont won't give you back your spy"

America (Obama, wining) "Fine then, We're not going to your house next week".

its pathetic, best thing would have been for the Americans to have turned up and talking things out with the Russians like adults.

Snubbing the Russian's isn't going to do anything other than make it abundantly clear that America is pissed at Russia, which everyone already know anyway.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Obama needs to check himself before he wrecks us all.

Too late for that!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

It wouldn't be quite so bad if I thought Obama had even checked a history book or google search just one time to see how many defectors (and Snowden is a proper defector at this point) the U.S. returned to the Soviet and later Russian Governments simply because Moscow asked nice or even raised their voice at us?

He's treated this all like we are entitled to demand it and then entitled to throw a little temper tantrum when we don't get it .....while having never given such a thing the time of day for consideration in our own past.

Yeah, Putin is right on this one. I don't like Vlad, but that doesn't make him wrong all the time.....if only.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yes indeed Putin is a man of steel. Not sure he's the man if ya fancy a wild night out!. But as a leader or someone you would want in your trench in a war..Yes i will take him!...Im not sure what Obama is thinking these days, Maybe the US members could comment on that one. I don't believe the US government has gone soft. Maybe he is plotting behind the scenes MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA im sure he will have the last laugh

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I agree with your entire post .. and I also agree with the Russians on this.
They are doing what is best for them and they are doing it correctly.
Obama, on the other hand, is just stomping his feet and he looks LIMP.

I said this elsewhere ... our mighty American eagle looks like a clucking hen laying eggs.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
Yes indeed Putin is a man of steel. Not sure he's the man if ya fancy a wild night out!. But as a leader or someone you would want in your trench in a war..

I seriously wish he was an American and we had him in the White House instead of Obama.
Putin Pictures - The dude looks like he could be the next James Bond.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The dude looks like he could be the next James Bond.

More like the next Bond Villian. Though I think he would be the villian that kills him

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It's a sad day in America when a Russian has more balls than the US president.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

at least they are both great actors....

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
reply to post by suz62

at least they are both great actors....

Zing!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I was going to spin a thread on this article, but finding this one you have up and with
respect for you Fan and in the interest of ATS and it's members, I see fit to place
this here as a runner up to your post. I think a comparison of the two stories might be in order.

SnF FF

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Once again Russia is making the US 'leaders' look like fools.kI

As an American citizen I want to make it clear to the rest of the world that those people who were Selected to represent us do NOT represent the average American citizen.

Most of us do not support the spying campaign, the wars, the puppet governments that the US set up, and among other things the big banks that manipulate the markets. We want real change but continue to get burned by those who offer hope and change.

Many of us are aware that the US dollar is at great risk of collapsing but those in power keep going full speed ahead. Another great war may break out with the US against the world. If this happens I hope the rest of the world realizes that it is not the will of the American people, just a handful of powerful people who hijacked what was once a great nation.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Obama's base (gay, transgenders) is pressuring him to punish Russia for new laws against displaying "gay pride"...especially the Winter Oplympics.
Of coarse it is ludicrous...but big money from gays the past 6 years...talks.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Russian foreign minister tells US to behave 'like grown-ups"
He is only "kidding" us

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I used to sit back and say "Lets put all the world leaders in a boxing ring and see who wins". Sadly I suspect Vlad would kick Obama's ass right back to Chicago.

Russia has been playing a long game. Vlad is back on top and make no mistake, he ain't a fan of the USA. I truly suspect he would love nothing more than to see the USA collapse during his lifetime. In fact, I suspect Russia has been engineering just such a thing for quite a long time.

Cold war ended my arse......
edit on 10-8-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

We'd be better off with Bush.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
Yes indeed Putin is a man of steel. Not sure he's the man if ya fancy a wild night out!. But as a leader or someone you would want in your trench in a war..

I seriously wish he was an American and we had him in the White House instead of Obama.
Putin Pictures - The dude looks like he could be the next James Bond.

I-Is he swimming... with sharks?!

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

The problem since the second world war ended, was that the Cold War was Americas reason for existing. What happens when the balancing weight which was USSR. Withdraws from the fray and reinvents itself. ? it leaves America wondering what the heck its all about. So has to invent a new enemy. Then direct its wealth against a few lonely Goatherds. The vast military industrial complex is essentialy scratching its A%^$, wondering what the heck happened, while it let the nations wealth, end up in China.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join