It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spaceships of Ezekiel (Revisited)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+110 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Adding to the existing threads, I thought I'd post some new images of the 'spacecraft' described by the Prophet Ezekiel in the old testament. I always found this to be an amazingly detailed account among the biblical and more ancient UFO reports.

In fact, this one is so detailed that former NASA engineer Joseph Blumrich was able to design a blueprint of what Ezekiel saw. Based on this model from the 1970s, I created some renderings with additional details and hope you'll enjoy the compilation of pics and text snippets (fullsize images are w/o captions). So here we go ...

In the year 592 B.C. 'something' or 'someone'
came down to Earth from the heavens above ...

- according to the old testament

FULLSIZE

A biblical account in the book of the prophet Ezekiel
tells of the "lord" descending from the skies ...

FULLSIZE

"I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north
An immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light.
The center of the fire looked like glowing metal."

- Ezekiel 1:4

FULLSIZE

"And in the fire was what looked like four living creatures.
In appearance their form was human, but each of them had four faces and four wings."

- Ezekiel 1:5,6

FULLSIZE
FULLSIZE

"Their legs were straight;
their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze.

Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands.
All four of them had faces and wings."

- Ezekiel 1:7,8

FULLSIZE
FULLSIZE

"When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings,
like the roar of rushing waters, like the voice of the Almighty,
like the tumult of an army. When they stood still, they lowered their wings."

- Ezekiel 1:24

FULLSIZE
FULLSIZE

"Their faces looked like this:

Each of the four had the face of a human being,
and on the right side each had the face of a lion,
and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."

- Ezekiel 1:10

FULLSIZE

"Such were their faces. They each had two wings spreading out upward,
each wing touching that of the creature on either side;

And each had two other wings covering its body. Each one went straight ahead.
Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, without turning as they went."

- Ezekiel 1:11,12

FULLSIZE

"As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground
beside each creature with its four faces.

This was the appearance and structure of the wheels:
They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike.
Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel."

- Ezekiel 1:15,16

FULLSIZE

"When the creatures moved, they also moved;
when the creatures stood still, they also stood still;
and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them,
because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels."

- Ezekiel 1:21

FULLSIZE

"Spread out above the heads of the living creatures
was what looked something like a vault, sparkling like crystal, and awesome.
Under the vault their wings were stretched out one toward the other,
and each had two wings covering its body."

- Ezekiel 1:23

FULLSIZE

"Then there came a voice from above the vault over their heads as they stood
with lowered wings. Above the vault over their heads was what looked like a throne
of lapis lazuli, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man.

I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal,
as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire;
and brilliant light surrounded him.

Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day,
so was the radiance around him.

This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord.
When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking."

- Ezekiel 1:25-28

FULLSIZE

FULLSIZE

Personally, I think Ezekiel's account contains so much technical information that it would be very difficult to explain it all away as hallucinations due to drugs or an overly active imagination. Whatever he saw, it almost certainly must have been some kind of device - the only open questions in my opinion are: where did these flying chariots come from and who were their operators? In my view, this actually 'could' be the smoking gun among the older reports that have been preserved throughout our recorded history.

By the way, it's a pleasure for me to release these images into the public domain - anyone is welcome to use & remix them without any further reference. I hereby certify that all of the above renderings were created using open source software (eg. Kerkythea, PAINT.NET etc.) and, further, that they were originally created for this thread here on ATS.

Thanks for taking the time and I hope you enjoyed the new material!

SOURCES:
www.biblegateway.com...
www.spaceshipsofezekiel.com...
www.youtube.com...

edit on 10-8-2013 by jeep3r because: formatting

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Nice renderings, the Sumerians refered to certain flying birds/demons/weapons in terms of 'Flood-Storm' , which is interesting in the context of the Hebrew description you quoted;

"I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north
An immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light.
The center of the fire looked like glowing metal."

Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day,
so was the radiance around him.

I made the point here that if such phenomena had been seen they could only have been compared to aspects of storm.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10-8-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Yes but when he spoke, he clearly states that he shined like metal. Not it shined like metal right?

When he spoke of the creatures i can concede that perhaps some technology was involved but I don't think you re giving the author enough credit when he is describing what he is seeing given such a detailed account.

I'm a firm believer that what Ezekiel saw was certainly technology beyond his comprehension but just as a baby can understand the basic premise of something even without knowing what it is, I'd say Ezekiel could too.

So if he says he saw a man, then it was a man even if this man doesn't hail from earth.
edit on 10-8-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I think that it is no coincidence that the 'faces' Ezekiel saw are the fixed faces of the zodiac eg Leo - Lion, Taurus Bull Aquarius - man and Scorpio either the eagle, (croc or scorpion itself).

This is where I feel something is being conveyed that is in some form of code. Were this not so its is simply too much of a coincidence that he managed to get all four fixed signs right.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Great!
Perhaps Ezekiel saw something more unimaginable as advanced tech. What is depicted here is almost doable by today's technology. Almost. For example, the rocket engines are not necessary for a vehicle that crosses the interstellar distances based on gravity principles. However, the work to visualize the purely physical encounter of Ezekiel with UFO deserves a great applaud! I can't understand how there are still people who believe everything other than the everyday life is a ghost. Be it good or bad ghost. They need to reread the Bible, particularly Ezekiel 1.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Great illustrations. And indeed a great thread jeeper. There's no question that this could have been what he saw. There's just to much detail in his account. And lets face it, There's references in the bible, On ancient cave walls, And various other sources. We have been visited many times in history i believe. It certainly sets the mind ticking

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Some of the pics actually show rotors.

Personally, I always thought that was the most telling to the direct biblical description. Something like "wheels within wheels" has always made me think of spinning rotors. The four "spirits" or machines with the faces of men (in the cock pit, behind the canopy) are separate helicopters. All moving together in the direction the spirit led them (referring to the link by radio and flying in formation). All elements of a group of choppers take off and fly in the same direction together.

You have to see todays modern technology not thru our eyes but the eyes of people that lived millennia ago. What did they know about helicopters? They cage it in their terms of understanding. The "sound of many chariots" is the only thing they could compare the wup wup sound of rotors to.

What they were seeing was a vision of the future. They wrote it down so we could look at it today and know this is the era of history they spoke of.

We take our technology for granted. We want to believe they described spaceships. Whats an apache attack helicopter "look like" to them?

"As it were"
edit on 10-8-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Fantastic job Jeep3r. I love this story and have always been fascinated with it. When I was a kid in Sunday School, I remember thinking, "hmmmmm, There has to be more than what they are telling us." I remember feeling bad for questioning the Bible and that it was leaving something out. Oh well, I got over it.
Again, great job on the renderings.I have a friend who I've lost touch with who is a fantastic digital arttist and who was a little further along in thinking outside of the box than I. He created lots of art like this. I think I'll touch base with him. I'd love to hear from him and let him know that now that I see the things that he was hinting about before. Who knows, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't you. Wouldn't that be a trip?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Amazing images!

Something like This is what Ezekiel has really seen.

S&f.
edit on 10-8-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Wonderful topic, saving this for later

Did you guys talk about New Jerusalem mother ship?
edit on 103131p://bSaturday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shiloh7
I think that it is no coincidence that the 'faces' Ezekiel saw are the fixed faces of the zodiac eg Leo - Lion, Taurus Bull Aquarius - man and Scorpio either the eagle, (croc or scorpion itself).

This is where I feel something is being conveyed that is in some form of code. Were this not so its is simply too much of a coincidence that he managed to get all four fixed signs right.

The four faces could have been the symbols of the four great tribes (Romans = Eagle, Lion = Egyptians, Bull = Hittites, Aquarius = Africa?)

Alternatively, they could have been the shapes of the panelling. Lion could be a open cowl like a jet fighter engine intake. It's the "face of an animal" on each side so that suggests a three dimensional shape. Eagle would be a pointed wedge shape, bull would be a square shape with a pair of vertical hinges on each side (exhaust vent?).

But having such signs on each side of an object would be a good way of making sure all components are aligned correctly.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
once you claim that " aliens " replace the biblical entities - you not only falsify biblocal theology - but introduce a another layer of complexity [ and regression ]

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
maybe ezekiel was smoking something
you just never know what they got up to back then yip thats it they were mad stoners case closed

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Thanks for all your replies up to now, that's highly appreciated!

Actually, I didn't really expect this topic to be of such interest but I'm glad it still causes some discussions. As mentioned in the OP, it's just a visualization that might help our imagination a bit in terms of 'seeing' a rough version of what Ezekiel himself might have seen.

Of course, it could have looked different ... but the fact that he seems to describe a quadcopter-like device as well as a complete "entry, descent and landing procedure" is awe-inspiring IMO. I will try to get back to some of your individual replies later on and thanks again for all your inputs!
edit on 10-8-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

S&F. You have an amazing talent. Well done!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
once you claim that " aliens " replace the biblical entities - you not only falsify biblocal theology - but introduce a another layer of complexity [ and regression ]

How is it falsifying biblical theology? The gods, angels, Jesus were all physical beings who traveled around in physical crafts. They traveled around the earth, and from the earth to the stars and back in physical flying craft.

Ezekiel described a physical, flying machine with moving mechanical parts. And that physical flying machine created physical effects in the atmosphere, and audio effects that Ezekiel could hear.

Enoch was taken by spacecraft and flown around the world, then taken up into space and shown the sun, moon, stars, the earth, their orbits, the seasons, etc.

What about when "god" descended on Mt. Sinai in great smoke and fire causing the ground to quake? He told Moses to make a perimeter around the chariot (ship), and to let no one touch the chariot. For if they did, whether they be man or animal, they would be killed.

"God" descended from the stars in a physical craft, which caused physical effects in the atmosphere (smoke and fire), and caused physical effects on the ground (ground quaking/shaking).

Our former space shuttle did the exact same thing:

If a man or animal went near the space shuttle, they would be killed because there was usually something burning like imaged above. There was also a perimeter around the space shuttle so that nobody could go near it for security and safety reasons.

When the space shuttle lifts off, it creates smoke and fire, and makes the ground quake.

There's nothing "false" about discussing the physical craft that the gods, angels, Jesus flew around in. If "god" was an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-seeing, omnipotent being, he wouldn't need a physical craft to fly around in, would he?

Our creators used science and technology to genetically create us in their own likeness and image. Artificially inseminated Mary. And stored DNA samples of every living thing on a spacecraft called the "Ark".

To the OP: fantastic thread with some amazing images. Although the wheels would make for a bumpy ride and don't seem logistical, everything else seems like it could be a real and actual craft.

You may have actually invented a new craft for humankind in the near future. I love the idea of using rocket engines to slow the craft down after entering the atmosphere, then using individual rotor blades (like a quad-copter) to guide the craft through the atmosphere.

Well done!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
maybe ezekiel was smoking something
you just never know what they got up to back then yip thats it they were mad stoners case closed

I know you're probably being sarcastic here, but the religious folk still believe Ezekiel was just having a vision. I'm sorry, but you're not going to have a vision of technology that won't be invented for thousands of years, no matter what you smoke.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shiloh7

What's funny is that "The lord" is seen by more than one person in the old testament while some people maintain that no one has ever seen the Lord... but they get this from a verse in the NEW testament where the word "pantekrator" is translated to the "The Lord"...is the only time that word is used in the entire bible, but they translated it to a word used so many times from different words translated. that is erroneous in my opinion. The Lord as in Jehova was an actual being of the elohim and pantakrator is pure energy and the willful spirit therein that creates within the universe. that is what it means...creator of the universe and in the new testament it is described as being in unapproachable light and that no man has seen it, nor will any man ever see it... but to seek the understanding of it. To me, that is a testament to science combined with spirituality but many take it that no man has ever seen the Lord and in many instances in the bible, we are given numerous accounts of people beholding the lord... the lord as an embodiment.

Now check out John's description of jesus in revelations.

12 I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man,[a] dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14 The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15 His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

Feet like bronze? A sword coming out of his mouth? don't forget that in the OLD testament it also talks about fire coming from the Lord.

Clearly that is not the form of Jesus that was seen crucified on Calvary... so Jesus has more than one form it seems. What I think concerning this revelation, is that Jesus can modify his form all depending on what he's wanting to accomplish at any given point in time.... and we know that mere flesh of humans would not stand up very well in extreme space flight. Did Jesus modify himself to go leave this world and go on a journey that necessitated great adaptation? well if you take the event of transfiguration after the cross as a hint, then it would seem likely. Flesh cannot enter the kingdom of Heaven.

So then Jesus comes back feet and face glowing like fire and the sun, with fire in his eyes and a sword coming out of his mouth.

that's quite an interesting depiction to say the least.

the references to the heavens suggested as being a realm of high tech outer space habitation is too numerous to even list.

edit on 10-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

The bible is NOT considered a "true" (true, meaning fact or factual) historical reference or record. Consequently, the bible, or any beliefs from which that are based are not falsifiable because the bible can't be proven wrong. Further, this is an interpretation or explanation, which is exactly what biblical theology is; an interpretation does not falsify.
edit on 10-8-2013 by thepainweaver because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2013 by thepainweaver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
the references to the heavens suggested as being a realm of high tech outer space habitation is too numerous to even list.

In John 18:36, Jesus himself said:

"My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But my kingdom is from another place."

Where and what other place could Jesus' kingdom possibly be? Christians will say "heaven" (the sky), but what's in the heavens/sky? Other stars and other.......planets.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join