It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My World of Warcraft Character

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
472k health...lol, now I remember why I stopped my subscription. Stat inflation is ridiculous. Pretty soon you'll be fighting bosses with billions in HP, lol.

I had fun with it for about six years, then I got tired of the constant stat inflation and endless gear treadmill.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

We already do kill bosses with Billions of HP. It's pretty crazy I know.

I loved Wrath.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I've been playing WOW since it came out..

I am a level 90 warlock named Bobio..

I play on the Windrunner server..

I am in a Guild called Mutiny..

I haven't played since January though..

Taking a break..

but I will be back this winter..

OH YEA!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

They are likely going to implement an "item squish" (probably in next expansion) where numbers across the board are decreased. Many players disagree with the highly inflated numbers and Blizzard has recognised this as a valid concern.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

I use to play wow and it is a great game. I haven't played it for at least 18 months because people I knew on it stopped playing to other life commitments. It was also hard to keep up with maintaining gear upgrades each years. A time consuming game but still had some awesome fun and times circa 2006-2008.

I started on server Alexstraza and then moved to Gilneas. I have now a guild wars 2 character which I play rarely.

Wow is a great game but I would expect with so many different online games available these days its player population to of diminished well below its hey day. Even when I stopped played many cities were sparse with players.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes the game for you is Lord of the Rings. Its free to play, just download it. Lotr is basically similar to Wow but doesnt have the player versus player side to it, its basically fantasy game play without the testotrone.

There is starting zone your start off in and have to do some quests there before you can enter the world unrestricted. The graphics of the starting area are very average, but after you get past that the graphics and game play are very good. I have played a bit of it and the screenshot below is atypical of the beautiful country sides you wander through. The towns are brilliant as well. You can even rent your own house or villa in an estate which is very homely inside.

edit on 10-8-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Greetings.

Wow was a great MMO , i had some great times playing it with my RL friends , the best time ingame for me personally was the lvl 70 endgame as a Subtility rogue with fisties , exept Frost mages there really wasnt any resistance , they didnt have time to responce.

During the years they added good things and bad things to the game , it was a game where you always had something to do.

Also on lvl 70 i had a Retribution Bubble Boy , Retri at that time was utterly useless in PVP and PVE , because you had to do a Seal combo before actaully engaging with spells and abilities.

I remember the LVL 80 Prepatch , logging in to my paladin , look at the nice sweet talent tree , fit it and i went to the plaguelands , i found a at that time endgame geared warlock , and with my blue gear and some Karazhan quality items i just engaged him and killed him in 2 blows.

5 minutes later i was in a Battleground choppin down entire groups with the New Divine storm and Using the Instant heals , it was sick.

All Horde Ofcourse , i found the Alliance Charachter physics but ugly.

My Favorite Charachters in order : Shaman-Paladin-Rogue-Druid-Warrior.

TheGreazel.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I also play wow. I am just having a couple months break at moment though...

Name: Illuminatius
Class: Warlock
Race: Human
Faction: Alliance
Level: 90
IL: 507

eu.battle.net...

I play on Quel'Thalas EU realm.

Been playing wow for 7 years with the odd break.
edit on 11/8/13 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I had a pet Raptor

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Wow pretty much started to go down hill for me after they effectively banned twinks in battlegrounds.

Group finder was a great idea but pretty much helped remove any need for a guild and therefore killed any social aspect of the game.

Letting you get mounts at level 20..... they just... made the game so easy. And the expansions take away from the original two islands of the game.

Crafts are effectively obsolete until you complete one/two. Then they removed all the portals from Dalaran so people could no longer use it as a hub :down:

The last expansion of panda's was pretty much the final straw for me. Turned it into a game for children.

I dont play it any more, Im currently looking to buy a custom built computer so i can play star wars (Y)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Have you tried Eveonline. Its a space game on an epic scale. Its only drawback is it is very time consuming.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Have you tried Eveonline. Its a space game on an epic scale. Its only drawback is it is very time consuming.

Naw, i'll admit a ot of games dont interest me!

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

The time consuming element is a draw back on games like wow and eve. Starswars Tor will be no different lots of grinding.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'm disabled also,my son showed me Runescape
Nothing to download the game is completely run in your browser!
almost 30 skills to train ,many mini games and tons of activities
a person can be as social or anti social as they want with no real discernible effect on game-play
and it has plenty of free content to keep u busy before or if ever u decide to become a member !
plus it has been recognized by the Guinness book of world records as having the most MMORPG memberships of any mmorpg games on the internet!
the game-play is as laid back or as intense as the player wants it to be basically!

Link to Runescape homepage www.runescape.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostcooler

Yea no...

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

And this is what you pay $15 a month for? Personally I play Guild Wars 2, has much more and no monthly subscription, PvE, PvP, WvW.
WvW (World vs World or Server vs Server) is an absolute Blast, you can have several hundreds of players from three different servers involved here on the same map with four different maps to choose from, they keep the player numbers equal from each server so one server doesn't overwhelm the others with more players. Keeps and Towers to capture, Siege weapons and etc. I've always been a PvE player but WvW is a Riot!
wiki.guildwars2.com...

edit on 11-8-2013 by Boomer1941 because: addition

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I still Love wow even though I don't play as regularly now. . My favorite pics are in northrend against the northern lights. Working on my priest but I'm up to 5 90s now if I ever settle down and choose a main I may end up gearing at some point..... Love my hoofstock (mostly Tauren with a Draenei thrown in and one or two dogs....).

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Most people move to EVE Online after getting bored of WoW and the reason for that is that Eve Online is much more fun, much deeper than WoW and has a lot better graphics.

I have been playing EVE for 4 years now, great game, absolute fun and ideal for all. If you are a girl you may want to get into exploration or mining careers, if you are pew pew addicted, there will be lots for you.

Check out how cool this is, ensure you set to HD, so that you can see how superior to WoW this is...
Check the trailers and then the start guides:

www.youtube.com...

Have a mazing fun.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Guildwars2. It's aesthetically pleasing, there's underwater content with a water combat system. Everything is open to everyone which creates less rage between players, pick a populated server and find a guild if you want to be social it's also fine to play solo just understand that elite gear is only attainable through dungeon raids, which you need people for. I loved that game but eventually for me it got boring because I like the testosterone environment, love to argue and beat the snot out of other players.

If you're looking to get into online gaming MMO style, you need a gaming computer.

GW2 costs (I think) around 50 dollars for the game but after that it's free to play.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Belcastro

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Akragon
Just hope you have time... You won't leave your house EVER again if you play...

I'm chronically ill and mostly stuck at home ... have been for years .... so that's not a problem

Give MINECRAFT a try... Less testosterone and still lots of fun...

Righto ... I'll go try it. In the mean time ... ya'll think if there is a game I can play .... something with vampires or with quests or underwater fantasy adventures or whatever .... But remember, I'm a girl and the testosterone war stuff isn't my cup of tea. I don't mind chopping off someones head if they are a bugger .... but I don't want a steady diet of it ..

edit on 8/9/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

my mom likes WoW so you might like it .

she likes games that are like Zelda.
theres not too much blood or gore in world of warcraft but there is violence.
you level your character up and fight monsters and do quests dungeons raids and battlegrounds, its a good multiplayer online game.

Its been a family thing for years, had fun with the boys. Due to health I can't do the hiking and outings, would love to.

Now with the panda thingy it came back after going away for a while.

I kind of see it as a combo, lord of the rings, mystery school coding and lots of clues about what is in this earth school, even their goals, and various realms or levels in inner earth and ufology.

You can see rituals where they make you get a sacrifice prepared, so they may be trying to spread karma on people who are unsuspecting as well, but its got so much fun and even beauty in it, its nice knowing the kids are safe and not in danger on the streets.

To me this would be very important to anyone living in a ghetto, we ate peanut butter and poorly, to build our first computer. You have to device ways to keep the boys IN and instead of fighting on the streets, playing together online.

And then introduce meditation, and some Tao, and Christian Vallues and get them to start to be educated.

Whenever I do play, I have my own method for dealing with anything I don't like in the game, which is basically killing, murder, retaliation (like in the blood elf world you have to bring back the head of the spying dwarf, nada, in my mind that doesnt happen), killing nature.

I pretend I'm an angel et and we beam up everyone, including the ones giving the bad orders, and deprogram and heal them all and they're returned to raise the world to a higher frequency.

That is what I literally want done to this planet so everyone lives and learns in happiness and safety, pushing limits in controllable positive ways that don't demoralize them for that is ugly and sickening. I don't approve of this universal school it violates LOVE.

Secret mission, healing the world and diplomacy. Falling in love with the enemy. I love dancing in a mixed group horde and alliance, it should be totally about diplomacy.

Ways to improve the game: make it teach you all the reality of the corrupt leaders and religions, and that people gradually learn each others languages and begin to have joint assignments and missions. No ganking allowed.

I would also have a sims component where in town you could build a house and do some fun things, and you could even befriend the other side in neutral towns.

I've always discussed these while playing as to how to improve it.

Other ways to improve it, make the game free and the gameplay cheaper, I have a litany: Blizzard is evil!

Have a extra download which includes game engine and avatar and item creator and teach kids how to create games, and teens/adults.

Have a place to upload and donate beautiful hair and items, since the high level armor isn't pretty enough. You should be able to take a low level purple item and change the color and up its stats and give it an elite look.

Also, should have customized characters, with hundreds of looks, soft long flowing hair, all kinds of customized appearances.

Then it would vastly improved.
edit on 11-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join