It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public concern over GM food has lessened, survey shows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This is an article from 2012 by The Guardian presenting a survey carried out on the public's concern over GM food.

It compares results from 2003 with results in 2012.

The new polling shows opposition has weakened, with 15.2% of 2,058 people being "fairly unconcerned" now compared with 6% of 1,363 citizens in 2003. The "very unconcerned" count has remained largely the same, while the proportion of "very concerned" people has dropped from 23.8% to 17.2%.

www.theguardian.com...

I figured I'd post this up since the popular theme on the subject is surveys and polls at the moment.
None of which hold any water, the above included. Just waiting for the anti GMO crowd to shoot this survey down after praising the other one.

So are people really warming up to GMO's?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

People still object to GMO's. You can skew a survey any way you like. It won't change the facts.

GMO's are bad.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
GMO's aren't inherently bad.

The companies that create them, I'm not so sure.

You can genetically engineer a food to be healthier or more harmful. That's all up to the company.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Since the survey is old news,

what became of this?

The poll comes as the EU prepares to vote on a Danish-led proposal to allow member states to ban the cultivation of GM crops on a country-by-country basis, with the UK concerned that the proposal will not achieve its aims.

Excuse me.....

Yawn.

edit on Aug-08-2013 by xuenchen because:

I'm awake again.

The poll shows the British public need more information on the benefits and risks. Nearly half (44%) said they did not know if GM crops would be good for the UK economy, while a similar number (48%) said they did not know if it would be safe for future generations.

edit on Aug-08-2013 by xuenchen because: double

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

I'm neither here or there on the subject of GMO's to be honest as I see both problems and benefits from them. That said, I do find the poll to be rather curious because, comparatively, I hear more people talking about GMO foods and their concerns about it. Maybe it's just my area but we've also had a whole lot of organic/non-GMO markets open up locally.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I don't understand the point you're making?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Yes, its really old. Like over a year old...

Friday 9 March 2012

And it basically says people want more details on the dangers of Genetically Modified food.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by xuenchen

Yes, its really old. Like over a year old...

Friday 9 March 2012

And it basically says people want more details on the dangers of Genetically Modified food.

Ah Yes.

People are genuinely concerned because of the lack of knowledge and mis-information.

I'm glad you answered.

I fell asleep again before I could respond the the OP.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm not against GMO foods...but I am against some of the business practices done by the big boys in the industry....specifically the way they strong arm small farmers.

new topics

top topics

join