It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Flee, Homes Burn, 3 Hurt in Calif. Fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Hundreds Flee, Homes Burn, 3 Hurt in Calif. Fire

news.yahoo.com

A wildfire that broke out in the inland mountains of Southern California has expanded exponentially, burning homes, forcing the evacuation of several small mountain communities and leaving three people injured.

About 1,500 people had evacuated as the wildfire of more than 9 square miles raged out of control in the San Jacinto Mountains near Banning, said Lucas Spelman, spokesman for the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection.

Three were injured, including two firefighters taken to hospitals by ambulance and a burned civilian who was airlifted out, state fire officials said
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Fire officials said about a dozen structures were damaged or destroyed.
Prosecutors alleged Deborah Clark set the fire while she was waiting for a mental-competency hearing. She is accused of her parents' murder.
This lady is accused of killing her parents, so why is she out in public to start this fire in the first place?
Because of her, 1,500 people have had to evacuate their homes, and 3 more have been hurt.
It looks to be a massive fire in the communities of the San Jacinto Mountains along Interstate 10 some 80 miles east of Los Angeles.

news.yahoo.com

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Wow that's terrible. And all started by some women who like you say should not even have been wondering round!. Its always the same to. A young nurse near me was raped off her boyfriend. He was arrested and charged. He had also been threatening her. So what did the police do?. They let him out on bail. She went to work early one morning, Just locking her car up and he comes out of the bushes and stabs her to death. Why the hell do they let people out like this?. This is just one example to. Surely this is one aspect of law what needs to be addressed.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Fire weather threat is still critical,
and it looks like it's going to stay that way for at least a few more days.

DAY 1 FIRE WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
0313 AM CDT THU AUG 08 2013

VALID 081200Z - 091200Z

...CRITICAL FIRE WEATHER AREA FOR PORTIONS OF ERN ORE...CNTRL/SWRN ID...FAR NRN NV...AND NERN CA FOR DRY THUNDERSTORMS...

...SYNOPSIS...

EARLY-MORNING WATER VAPOR DATA INDICATE A MID-LEVEL CYCLONE CENTERED NEAR THE COAST OF NRN CA. THE CENTROID OF THE CYCLONE SHOULD MOVE LITTLE THROUGH THE PERIOD...WHILE SHORTWAVE IMPULSES PIVOT AROUND THE LARGER-SCALE CYCLONIC ENVELOPE. FARTHER E...A RIDGE WILL BE ORIENTED NW-SE FROM PARTS OF THE NRN GREAT BASIN TO PORTIONS OF THE CNTRL ROCKIES...WHILE BROADLY CYCLONIC FLOW IN THE MID LEVELS COVERS PORTIONS OF THE N-CNTRL/NERN CONUS.

...PORTIONS OF ERN ORE...CNTRL/SWRN ID...FAR NRN NV...NERN CA
-- DRY THUNDERSTORM POTENTIAL...

SSELY/SLY MID-LEVEL FLOW WITHIN THE ERN SEMICIRCLE OF THE CYCLONE WILL MAINTAIN ADEQUATE TROPOSPHERIC MOISTURE FOR CONVECTION. FORCING FOR ASCENT ACCOMPANYING THE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED IMPULSES WILL AUGMENT THE ASCENDING BRANCHES OF DIURNALLY STRENGTHENING OROGRAPHIC CIRCULATIONS AMIDST MODEST BUOYANCY TO SUPPORT AT LEAST SCATTERED THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY. WITH DEEP INVERTED-VEE THERMODYNAMIC PROFILES DEVELOPING DURING THE AFTERNOON TO SUPPORT ABUNDANT SUB-CLOUD EVAPORATION...AND WITH MODEST CONVECTIVE-CLOUD-LAYER FLOW/STORM MOTIONS AMIDST PW VALUES GENERALLY AROUND 0.50-0.75 INCH...A DRY-THUNDERSTORM MODE IS ANTICIPATED. AS SUCH...DRY THUNDERSTORMS WITH AT LEAST SCATTERED COVERAGE ARE EXPECTED OVER DRY/VERY DRY FUELS WARRANTING CRITICAL DESIGNATION. OF NOTE...IN CNTRL ORE...RISING PW VALUES DURING THE EVENING/OVERNIGHT HOURS MAY INCREASE THE POTENTIAL FOR WETTING RAINS...FOLLOWING THE ANTICIPATION OF DRY THUNDERSTORMS WITH AT LEAST SCATTERED COVERAGE.
www.spc.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
So now our wildfires are alternative news? Please explain the alternative nature of this event.. did a ufo land and start the fire? This forum is more and more mainstream every time I come here.

Breaking Alternative News: Member news submissions and discussions covering alternative subjects such as UFO's, conspiracy theory, government secrets, and political scandals.
edit on 8/8/2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
Wow that's terrible. And all started by some women who like you say should not even have been wondering round!. Its always the same to. A young nurse near me was raped off her boyfriend. He was arrested and charged. He had also been threatening her. So what did the police do?. They let him out on bail. She went to work early one morning, Just locking her car up and he comes out of the bushes and stabs her to death. Why the hell do they let people out like this?. This is just one example to. Surely this is one aspect of law what needs to be addressed.

those 'perps' aren't the right ones.

The ones needed locked up are the neighborhood cannabis suppliers.

They are a menace ya know.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

That map and accompanying info are completely irrelevant to this southern California fire.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
California milks every fire for aide money. Cali has fireteams. That train like SWAT. They could contain any fire in hours. They never d. They let em burn to get funding. Its scary obvious if you live here.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

This lady is accused of killing her parents, so why is she out in public to start this fire in the first place?

Because of the whole due process thing, innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrimsonGhost
So now our wildfires are alternative news? Please explain the alternative nature of this event.. did a ufo land and start the fire? This forum is more and more mainstream every time I come here.

Breaking Alternative News: Member news submissions and discussions covering alternative subjects such as UFO's, conspiracy theory, government secrets, and political scandals.

You must be new here, all news is alternative here. ATS is pretty much just a mainstream news discussion site now.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

You must be new here, all news is alternative here. ATS is pretty much just a mainstream news discussion site now.

Just as new as you, probably been visiting this site longer than you, goin on 8 years now. You signed up a whole 6 months before me... nice try. And if this board is meant to be a discussion for all things mainstream, they should change the description so people like me looking for actual alternative news don't waste time coming here.

Again in case you missed it; Breaking Alternative News: Member news submissions and discussions covering alternative subjects such as UFO's, conspiracy theory, government secrets, and political scandals.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

Just as new as you, probably been visiting this site longer than you, goin on 8 years now. And if this board is meant to be a discussion for all things mainstream, they should change the description so people like me looking for actual alternative news don't waste time coming here.

Again in case you missed it; Breaking Alternative News: Member news submissions and discussions covering alternative subjects such as UFO's, conspiracy theory, government secrets, and political scandals.

I didn't miss it, if you have been visiting so long then why have you not caught on now that the Alternative news section is just regular news discussion?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

the UFOs would be in a thread discussing UFOs, whats the issue?

This kind of information flowing through shouldn't be a problem.
It helps in being able to keep a better understanding of the world around us.

Why would you want to remove that aspect?

If you want a thread about the UFO potential of this event or any, you could do that.
You have the powah.

And I would say, it was probably caused by human error, like a smoke or a campfire poorly extinguished.

I have much interest in UFO's. I think they are artificial craft that come across us time to time.
That doesn't mean I need to find a way to bring it into everything that happens on Earth.
Wildfires in California does not immediately correlate with Alien technology,
and it shouldn't, .. but it could.
You keep the possibility open,
but don't immediately rush to that conclusion based off an assumption.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Fire officials said about a dozen structures were damaged or destroyed.
Prosecutors alleged Deborah Clark set the fire while she was waiting for a mental-competency hearing. She is accused of her parents' murder.
Because of her, 1,500 people have had to evacuate their homes, and 3 more have been hurt.
It looks to be a massive fire in the communities of the San Jacinto Mountains along Interstate 10 some 80 miles east of Los Angeles.

news.yahoo.com

if i accuse you of murdering your parents should we lock you up until its decided one way or the other?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkingRelentlessly

Yes. If someone is accused of murdering there parents they should be locked up. Makes sense to me

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

so if i accuse you right now of murdering your family, you'll voluntarily incarcerate yourself?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkingRelentlessly

...Yes but your not the police are you. If they indeed accused anyone there must be some good reason for it. So lets say your parents got killed by another neighbour (ACCUSED). And they let him out. Then he knocked on your door..

Would you let him in for tea and scones?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

I wouldn't let him in!

Even if the woman hadn't been arrested yet, the fact she was accused and thought to be mentally unstable, warranted having someone watch her. This is only using common sense, IMO, which seems to lacking in this case.

top topics

join