It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemen says it has foiled an al-Qaeda plot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
how on earth did they manage to do that ???

Foil a terrorist plot???

As far as I know...back here in the western world...we only manage to get foreknowledge...we don't do foiling. It's not...in "our" best interest.

Those dumb Yemenians...foiling terrorist attacks...what will they think of next.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Naw, it is pretty obvious.

Just send $5 million to the crown prince troll of Nigeria to have a 5 point outline.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
how on earth did they manage to do that ???

Foil a terrorist plot???

As far as I know...back here in the western world...we only manage to get foreknowledge...we don't do foiling. It's not...in "our" best interest.

Those dumb Yemenians...foiling terrorist attacks...what will they think of next.

We don't stop crimes from happening here in the U.S. our police just responds to them. It takes the authorities 2-3 minutes to get there so for those 2-3 minutes you're on your own. In rural areas, it's 5-10 minutes. My suggestion is, if you want to avoid terrorist attacks, live in a rural area because they look for huge populations to hit to terrorize. Ain't gonna be any terrorist looking to hit Johnny B. Hillbilly living on a mountainside by himself in rural Arkansas.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Ain't gonna be any terrorist looking to hit Johnny B. Hillbilly living on a mountainside by himself in rural Arkansas.

indeed...and thanks...but I'm not afraid of terror attacks. I live in a small country and we invade none...therefore...there hasn't been any terrorist attacks in my country...oor our police is doing a great spanking job of preventing ones...but are keeping a lid on all their success. They don't like to brag...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Hey guys,

I have a confession to make. I'm a secret agent working at a secret facility owned by a secret agency within a secret government. But that's not important right now.

Ever since that traitor Snowden told you that we monitor communications, Al Qaeda, who pulled off the largest terrorist attack in this country's history but somehow lacked the common sense to anticipate we'd monitor a few emails and phone calls in response, has changed their methods of communication.

Good job. This is the consequence of you knowing how violated your rights are.

But never fear, children. I, too, foiled a massive Al Qaeda plot. It became massive very quickly because they quit using fast, advanced communication methods. That makes sense, just go with it. But I foiled this plot today. It was in Kuwait or whatever. Something like that. They were going to target some oil fields and junk which would have sent YOUR gas prices SOARING! Is THAT what you want?! Anyway, I foiled this plot thanks to our surveillance programs that Al Qaeda has been dodging. That, too, makes sense, so just go with it.

You're welcome.

Sincerely,
You're not allowed to know because I still have something you don't - my fourth amendment rights.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DivisiveConformity
Hey guys,

I have a confession to make. I'm a secret agent working at a secret facility owned by a secret agency within a secret government. But that's not important right now.

Ever since that traitor Snowden told you that we monitor communications, Al Qaeda, who pulled off the largest terrorist attack in this country's history but somehow lacked the common sense to anticipate we'd monitor a few emails and phone calls in response, has changed their methods of communication.

Good job. This is the consequence of you knowing how violated your rights are.

But never fear, children. I, too, foiled a massive Al Qaeda plot. It became massive very quickly because they quit using fast, advanced communication methods. That makes sense, just go with it. But I foiled this plot today. It was in Kuwait or whatever. Something like that. They were going to target some oil fields and junk which would have sent YOUR gas prices SOARING! Is THAT what you want?! Anyway, I foiled this plot thanks to our surveillance programs that Al Qaeda has been dodging. That, too, makes sense, so just go with it.

You're welcome.

Sincerely,
You're not allowed to know because I still have something you don't - my fourth amendment rights.

PICS!

PICS! OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
This reads like a second act ending, this would be the moment right before the bad guy shows up alive and does something horrible.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It's interesting to see how all of a sudden the US is taking out people from countries at risk... Particularly with the Snowden and NSA thing going on. There are three possible reasons for this:

1) There actually was a terrorist threat
2) Terrorists are now using psychological weapons against the US, the mere presence of a threat is already enough for the US to take personnel to safety. The whole point of terrorism, to terrorize using a variety of weapons.
3) All of this unveiling of terrorist threats is in fact just supposed to make us believe in the government again, afterall, with so many discoveries of threats the actions taken by the government must be justified. Right?!?!

Just being aware of these possibilities is scary... Imagine if the last two are true...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join