It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shouts of 'Black Power', 'White Power' Lead to Severe Beating in LR

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

LITTLE ROCK, AR -- Little Rock Police are looking for two men who severely beat another man outside a fast food restaurant early Sunday morning. According to police, a black man yelled, "black power," and a white man yelled, "white power," in response. A confrontation ensued, another man jumped in and now one of the men is fighting for his life.

Police say after the racially-charged language, two black men kicked and stomped the victim, who witnesses say was drunk at the time.

Police say the two suspects were gone by the time they arrived, and searches to find them have been unsuccessful.

www.fox16.com...

It is terrible to hear people chant racial slurs like 'black power', but in Little Rock of all places, the white guy should have thought twice about responding since he was by himself.
And if he was drunk, well he really didn't have a chance.

"His injuries could possibly be life-threatening," said Sgt. Cassandra Davis.

After they admit to the racially- charged language, they now say it isn't a 'hate-crime'.
Say what??

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

After they admit to the racially- charged language, they now say it isn't a 'hate-crime'. Say what??

seems like "white privilege" and "black privilege" come in different flavors.

if you believe what is said, whites are viewed as less suspect by police than blacks, but blacks committing crimes cannot be classified as racially motivated.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
After they admit to the racially- charged language, they now say it isn't a 'hate-crime'.

Well of course its not a hate crime. The white guy ended up the loser of the fight, after having been bashed by blacks who started it.

Dontcha know "hate crime" only works one way.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Another thread about race baiting I see. The whole trayvon thing seems to be dying down yet it seems that a lot of people continue to grasp at straws because they desperately want to believe there is a race war being waged against white people.

If the msm is indeed adding fuel to the racial tension, then threads like these are fanning the flames.
edit on 8/7/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Another thread about race baiting I see. The whole trayvon thing seems to be dying down yet it seems that a lot of people continue to grasp at straws because they desperately want to believe there is a race being waged against white people.

If the msm is indeed adding fuel to the racial tension, then threads like these are fanning the flames.

Oh, I guess we are not supposed to report the news unless it's a white on white crime.
Life happens, it is what it is.

This is what happened in real life.
This stuff goes on all the time.

The only one 'race baiting' is you for constantly calling it that.

Just read the article and go on.
No big deal....

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Where was George Zimmerman?

(you have to smile - you know you were thinking the same thing.)

edit on 7-8-2013 by gotya because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

it seems that a lot of people continue to grasp at straws because they desperately want to believe there is a race war being waged against white people.

so the man in the hospital isn't real?

do you honestly believe this attack wasn't racially motivated?

perhaps what you call "race baiting" is actually an attempt to show that reverse racism is quite prominent. everyone is so afraid to label a black person as racist for fear of backlash. there are black racists, and there are white racists, yet it seems only whites are charged with racial hate crimes, even when race isn't involved.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Well of course its not a hate crime. The white guy ended up the loser of the fight, after having been bashed by blacks who started it.

Dontcha know "hate crime" only works one way.

Usually you have some great takes alfa.

This time?

Hate crimes work both ways.

A Bethesda man was beaten and robbed early Saturday morning in Adams Morgan by three men who yelled, “This is for Trayvon Martin,” before attacking him, police said. The incident is being investigated as a hate crime and robbery, according to D.C. police spokesman Araz Alali.

Adams Morgan hate crime was motivated by Zimmerman verdict, police say

Among the single-bias hate crime incidents in 2011, there were 3,645 victims of racially motivated hate crime. 71.9 percent were victims of an offender’s anti-black bias. 16.3 percent were victims of an anti-white bias. 5.2 percent were victims of a bias against a group of individuals in which more than one race was represented (anti-multiple races, group). 4.8 percent were victims of an anti-Asian/Pacific Islander bias. 1.9 percent were victims of an anti-American Indian/Alaskan Native bias.(Based on Table 1.)

Victims

I do wonder how many crimes are not reported or fall under "hate crimes".

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Another thread about race baiting I see. The whole trayvon thing seems to be dying down yet it seems that a lot of people continue to grasp at straws because they desperately want to believe there is a race being waged against white people.

Oh, I guess we are not supposed to report the news unless it's a white on white crime.
Life happens, it is what it is.

This is what happened in real life.
This stuff goes on all the time.

The only one 'race baiting' is you for constantly calling it that.

Just read the article and go on.
No big deal....

Aren't the cops searching for the people responsible for the beating? I mean what else do you want?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

We want revenge.

We want our Obama Phones and we want.......we'll send you a list.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Aren't the cops searching for the people responsible for the beating? I mean what else do you want?

I'm reporting an incident that happened that caused a man to be put in the hospital fighting for his life.
Why is that a bad thing?
You can't alter life's problems to suit your needs.

*sigh*
If you don't like it, go to another thread.

Much respect~
snarky

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
This wasn't a "hate crime," it was a "A-hole crime."

If some moron shouts "CITYYYYYY" in my vicinity, whether I am drunk or sober, I am under no compulsion to shout "UNITED!" and then get into a confrontation with the person shouting "CITY."

If shouting "Black power" can be deemed confrontational in some circumstances, shouting "White power" back has to be seen as equally inflammatory.

As to the white guy ending up with a serious beating, that tends to be what happens to anyone who starts trouble when they are drunk. This isn't a racist hate problem, it's a people who can't handle their alcohol one.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Alfa was being sarcastic methinks.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Sad this happened regardless of the race of the victim, senseless violence is senseless violence no matter what color you paint it. What I don't understand is why some people call black on white racism, reverse racism. To me racism is racism. I fail to see how the definition of racism changes when it's a white person being racist towards a black person or a black person being racist to a white person, or a hispanic person being racist towards an asian person. Racism is racism regardless of who did it. Can we please stop using the term reverse racism whenever it is a black on white incident, please?

Ok off the soap box and rant over

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BREWSE

Sad this happened regardless of the race of the victim, senseless violence is senseless violence no matter what color you paint it.

My sentiments exactly.
The senseless violence with which people beat the crap out of some one is mind blowing.
And any more it's carried out with such ferocity and savageness it's scary.

It used to be a punch here or there and then walk away, but now it's strictly a ferocious beat down to the end.
The 'end' being not good for the victim.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

How is "black power" and "white power" a racial slur???? Maybe a bit bigoted, but a slur?!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

How is "black power" and "white power" a racial slur???? Maybe a bit bigoted, but a slur?!

Blacks don't like the N-word, they take offense.[unless spoken by another black]

Well many white people don't like the 'black power' chant and find it offensive.

Evidently this guy found it offensive but being as he was drunk, that probably altered his decision making.
He didn't whoop up on the black dude for chanting black power however.
It was the black dudes that beat him senseless when the white guy said 'white power'.

So there is something wrong with this picture IMO.

O.K. for guy to say black power.
Not O.K. to say white power, or you get your azz kicked and put into hospital.

Hmmmm.....

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

you know? i think it's something i would do.

when discussing things with people, i often point out the hypocrisy of their points by making them my own and insert other terms that are equal, yet will highlight the hypocrisy.

i could see myself thinking "wow, how hypocritical. i wonder how they would feel if an equal term was inserted"

and i'd either be in a hospital, or the next zimmerman. white privilege isn't all that it's cracked up to be. (the last bit is meant to be slightly sarcastic)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Blacks don't like the N-word, they take offense.[unless spoken by another black]

Well many white people don't like the 'black power' chant and find it offensive.

Finding something offensive isn't the same as a racial slur. Do you even understand the definition of a slur? I think you don't nor do you even want to.

Evidently this guy found it offensive but being as he was drunk, that probably altered his decision making.
He didn't whoop up on the black dude for chanting black power however.
It was the black dudes that beat him senseless when the white guy said 'white power'.

Finding something offensive isn't the same as a slur. One party screamed "black power" the other "white power". The black skinned folks didn't call the white skinned folks some disparaging name and vice-versa.

O.K. for guy to say black power.
Not O.K. to say white power, or you get your azz kicked and put into hospital.

Wasn't arguing the morality of it. Just saying it isn't a slur. They screamed their "primal" battle calls and that is all.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The only race war happening is the one inside a small percentage of sick minded people with some very deep rooted issues of self righteousness and self idolizing, both are very scary things to have.

Seek help.

This is honestly 3 very immature, narrowminded people having a difference of opinion, that's all it's ever been, people having a difference of opinion, to say it's anything else is to be part of the problem.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join