It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snake kills 2 N.B. boys after escaping store, RCMP say

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by pigwithoutawig
reply to post by Letitbegin

Yeah, I know I'm reaching but I can't understand how this could happen. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

No problem I agree with ya, seems strange, to me the biggest thing is if there is no bite marks that to me would start to suggest foul play.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Interesting, I have never even seen a snake outside of a zoo. We don't get them much in N.B. That's why this is such a strange story to see in the local paper.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Interesting, I have never even seen a snake outside of a zoo. We don't get them much in N.B. That's why this is such a strange story to see in the local paper.

Truth is they are amazing to keep, people think they have no personality, or are afraid cause of stories like this or movies, but they ar really neat companions as weird as that may sound. I've had everything from Burmese pythons, reticulated pythons, to emerald tree boas, to your common corn snake. The reticulted are big can reach 25 ft or more but beautiful snakes. Had one anaconda, um probably the only one I don't recommend

edit on 6-8-2013 by Letitbegin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I think they are kind of neat but I couldn't have one. It just freaks me out. I don't know how they react or what is normal for them. I guess I'm just uninformed when it comes to snakes.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I think they are kind of neat but I couldn't have one. It just freaks me out. I don't know how they react or what is normal for them. I guess I'm just uninformed when it comes to snakes.

It's definitely something that's learned, but it's not hard, you can learn from the types of movements they are making kinda what their thinking, if you ever decided to start keeping snakes, start simple with a ball python. Don't be surprised if you get "tagged"( bit) a couple times it's not as bad as you would think and they don't get big enough to eat ya. And never just yank them off cause that's the first reaction most people have that will be worse than any bite from a ball python.
edit on 6-8-2013 by Letitbegin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Been thinking about this all day too... absolutely heartbreaking for the family involved. I do not wish to speculate or cause offence to either the family or the shop owner... but so many things about this story do not add up.

I am a zoologist and run an exotic animal sanctuary. I keep dozens of large snakes, including the species in question. They are large and very strong, but their typical prey is large rabbits and rats. While I believe under very extreme circumstances, this snake could have the ability to constrict a young child, it is the apparent sequence of events that do not make sense in this story.

So the roof caves in from the weight of the snake? And that didn't wake up anyone else in the flat, especially not the two boys in the room?! If the ceiling above you collapses and bits of debris fall all around the room, including a 45kg snake... that is going to wake people up, no one in the room will sleep through that. The two boys had to be awake by the time the snake entered, giving them opportunity to scream for help.

I do believe that out of panic the snake could have latched on to one of the boys and started to constrict, but the other boy HAS to be awake by this stage and he'd be screaming his head off. As others have said, the strike happens so fast and immediately the snake will begin to coil around the body. This movement is rapid and is going to cause a lot of knocks and bangs as both the snake and the boy struggle. If the second boy was not woken by the ceiling falling through, he will be woken by the massive snake writhing around on the bed/floor.

All of the reports say the boys were strangled around the neck. This snake would not specifically go for the neck, it would focus on the rib cage. It would squeeze so hard that there would be multiple crushed ribs and there would definitely be some pretty large bite marks from the snake's initial strike.

When a snake goes into attack mode and begins constricting it's prey, it will stay in that position for a long time; around 10-20 minutes. It will be entirely and completely focused on that one prey item and will not let go until the deed is done. I seen some people speculate that one boy was attacked, the other went to his aid and then the snake attacked him too. I can tell you that that would not happen, the snake would not stop constricting one prey item to persue another.

This is a very sad and strange story, and I do not want to believe that something even more sinister happened. But a large snake can not crash through a ceiling and constrict two young boys without waking up the entire house. One child maybe, but not two.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by suitcasey
Been thinking about this all day too... absolutely heartbreaking for the family involved. I do not wish to speculate or cause offence to either the family or the shop owner... but so many things about this story do not add up.

I am a zoologist and run an exotic animal sanctuary. I keep dozens of large snakes, including the species in question. They are large and very strong, but their typical prey is large rabbits and rats. While I believe under very extreme circumstances, this snake could have the ability to constrict a young child, it is the apparent sequence of events that do not make sense in this story.

So the roof caves in from the weight of the snake? And that didn't wake up anyone else in the flat, especially not the two boys in the room?! If the ceiling above you collapses and bits of debris fall all around the room, including a 45kg snake... that is going to wake people up, no one in the room will sleep through that. The two boys had to be awake by the time the snake entered, giving them opportunity to scream for help.

I do believe that out of panic the snake could have latched on to one of the boys and started to constrict, but the other boy HAS to be awake by this stage and he'd be screaming his head off. As others have said, the strike happens so fast and immediately the snake will begin to coil around the body. This movement is rapid and is going to cause a lot of knocks and bangs as both the snake and the boy struggle. If the second boy was not woken by the ceiling falling through, he will be woken by the massive snake writhing around on the bed/floor.

All of the reports say the boys were strangled around the neck. This snake would not specifically go for the neck, it would focus on the rib cage. It would squeeze so hard that there would be multiple crushed ribs and there would definitely be some pretty large bite marks from the snake's initial strike.

When a snake goes into attack mode and begins constricting it's prey, it will stay in that position for a long time; around 10-20 minutes. It will be entirely and completely focused on that one prey item and will not let go until the deed is done. I seen some people speculate that one boy was attacked, the other went to his aid and then the snake attacked him too. I can tell you that that would not happen, the snake would not stop constricting one prey item to persue another.

This is a very sad and strange story, and I do not want to believe that something even more sinister happened. But a large snake can not crash through a ceiling and constrict two young boys without waking up the entire house. One child maybe, but not two.

Spot on and well said.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I posted this last night

www.abovetopsecret.com...

scary scary lol

top topics

<< 1   >>

join