Al Qaeda leaders 'wanted to do something big' on Muslim holiday, sources say

page: 3
4
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
There is a story out on Aljazeera now that Al-Qaeda may attack Guantanamo Bay and release it's prisoners.
Aljazeera

You gotta admit, even if it is a psyop its a big one. Dramatic and massive prison breaks, worldwide alerts, bombs implanted in stomachs and now a watch on one of the most famous terrorist prisons in the world.

It's like a bond movie.




posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood
 


Well now, aren't they an ambitious bunch? If they hadn't already busted people out of prisons, I'd say good luck with that. But they have had some practice runs in breaking people out of prison recently, and that might be very telling if this Gitmo-break idea pans out to be true. It also makes me wonder what, if anything, Cuba might or might not do. It is, after all, on their island.



posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by ItDepends
 


Wow... Ease up a bit on all that hostility. We're all entitled to our opinions. In my opinion, they are making the Mt. Everest from a rather manageable mole hill and likely one built deliberately for them to find. Now, if I'm wrong, then we're ALL in a world of hurt because unless Obama just keeps his guts on cold storage somewhere, the whole war's back on with a vengeance if something DOES happen.

That's the whole thing though. The other side is hurting as bad or worse than we are for keeping up the pace. The US is effectively out of Iraq. Leaving Afghanistan within a year at most for all but a fraction of what's been there before. Why would they want, at this moment, to turn the WHOLE thing back on and more than ever? It makes no sense.

However, another big chunk of disinfo played back on us? Well. a dollar spent by them is probably $100,000 required in response by us, at the very least. Paranoia isn't hard to trip and given financial destruction has been their goal, publicly stated, since the late 90's? This already did what they needed it to do.


* BTW..... It is important to add and really consider something. They've also been saying for years that threats come many a day, every day, non stop. Even before 9/11 and that was used as logic for how it all got missed. Just mist across an ocean. That's long before we could have guessed at confirmation to just HOW much they really monitor and how that's improved. Now why pick this one, of all ones? There is just too much wrong with this one in so many ways. Logic of the other side (while, don't forget, they need us right now in Syria...unbelievably) is just one factor here.
edit on 5-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)


Sure Wrabbit, I'll ease up even though on a previous thread you indicated quite frankly and directly (you know the one) where you said that you needed to step back from your initial opinion........I'm not gonna embarrass you any more.....hypocrite and you know it....if you really have the courage, humility you will admit that......but, i suppose it's easier to march to the tune "Paranoia Blues" that anything and everything has a duplicity to it....??? Be a man....admit that you don't want 1,000 to die to please the shill that troll these pages to dump their ignorance of what is really going on!!! I thought better of you!~



posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
reply to post by ItDepends
 


Yes. I like it. On the scale of evil moves that is one the better ones. Release an army of prisoners nearly 2000 strong. If you even get half the number to side with you and had the arms to back yourself up, what could you do in one of the weaker countries like Libya or Yemen.

For a reference, Sing Sing Prison holds roughly the same number of prisoners that were released. So what could a 1000 American prisoners with guns and a plan do?
edit on 5-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)


Ridiculous!! Insane even.....Release???? reallly.....for the sake of god, don't you read.....they broke out....were 'released' by terrorists breaking them out.....complicitly with the very countries we are talking about in a WAR on terror

And so YOU LIKE IT!! Back from McDonalds? got your six pack...You like it.....You like it....Sing Sing...Sing another tune brother and drink another all of those prisoners are Americans caught on charges of drugs, rape, robbery, you name it.......The Jihadists that were freed by complicit affiliates of Al Qaeda are murderers....killers....YOU LIKE IT!! YOUR entertainment, you don't care because potentially you are 1,000's of miles away and your A$$ is safe when you drive home from MikeyDees and the liquor store and your fingertips roam the internet and touch your remote control as you feed your imagination that the world sucks and you just want to feed into the misery that you have and want everyone else to feel. No compassion or awareness of what real people may be going through. I served this country and it is people like you that reflect an elitist and could care less attitude....go vote for your Weiner-man for mayor........I'm sure you've enjoyed Mr. Dangerous.....because YOU LIKE IT....eh?????
edit on 6-8-2013 by ItDepends because: (no reason given)
edit on 6-8-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction



posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   


Al Qaeda leaders 'wanted to do something big' on Muslim holiday, sources say


I haven't believed any of it ever since the NSA leaks has anyone noticed our MSM is all of sudden quiet on the scandals?



posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends
 


Yes, i like it. Ancient Hatreds and modern weapons is my kinda show. It's like a good spy novel gone live action.



posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Wanting to do something big? How about sponsoring free operations and surgery for poor in the Islamic world or in like wretchedly poor nations like Bangladesh or Sudan and removing a medical plight from the lives of say 10,000 Islamics.

Instead, fanatics spread hate and fear and send kids to battle and similar nonsense. Fanatics are also very active in throwing bombs and aggression over those who might be moderate in the Islamic nations.



posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6
 




The filth over at the NSA have to keep the money rolling in so why not stir up some much needed fear. TPTB are starting to get predictable the show is starting to get boring.



Remember what Yoda said............Fear is the path to the dark side. He was right fear is the root of evil. If you let it into your heart and mind it will rot you from the inside out. TPTB want us all to live in constant fear it is the only way they can keep the upper hand.



posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
terrorist strongest weapon is FEAR...
wat ever you do against it you can only react on an assault
they have Always an advance on oure gov's

we are fighting windmills.....



posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
We aren't just fighting windmills, we are blowing them straight to hell....



A pair of suspected U.S. drone strikes killed four al Qaeda militants in Yemen as the United States maintained a heightened security alert in the country and urged all Americans to leave immediately.
Security sources told CNN about the strikes but didn't offer additional details. A Yemeni official said four drone strikes have been carried out in the past 10 day


Sounds like we are scared of something in Yemen to me...



posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
reply to post by ItDepends
 


Yes, i like it. Ancient Hatreds and modern weapons is my kinda show. It's like a good spy novel gone live action.


Ok, but are you not the slightest concerned about the potential loss of life? Perhaps my sensitivity is heightened due to the fact that I have served, and it really is a very ugly and painful thing to witness, the loss, destruction and then those that don't die but are maimed for life. I just find it very scary and wish harm on anyone. Actually glad to see they've flown out some citizens from Yemen which appears to be ground zero at this point....The Brits too!



posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by ItDepends
 


Wow... Ease up a bit on all that hostility. We're all entitled to our opinions. In my opinion, they are making the Mt. Everest from a rather manageable mole hill and likely one built deliberately for them to find. Now, if I'm wrong, then we're ALL in a world of hurt because unless Obama just keeps his guts on cold storage somewhere, the whole war's back on with a vengeance if something DOES happen.

That's the whole thing though. The other side is hurting as bad or worse than we are for keeping up the pace. The US is effectively out of Iraq. Leaving Afghanistan within a year at most for all but a fraction of what's been there before. Why would they want, at this moment, to turn the WHOLE thing back on and more than ever? It makes no sense.

However, another big chunk of disinfo played back on us? Well. a dollar spent by them is probably $100,000 required in response by us, at the very least. Paranoia isn't hard to trip and given financial destruction has been their goal, publicly stated, since the late 90's? This already did what they needed it to do.


* BTW..... It is important to add and really consider something. They've also been saying for years that threats come many a day, every day, non stop. Even before 9/11 and that was used as logic for how it all got missed. Just mist across an ocean. That's long before we could have guessed at confirmation to just HOW much they really monitor and how that's improved. Now why pick this one, of all ones? There is just too much wrong with this one in so many ways. Logic of the other side (while, don't forget, they need us right now in Syria...unbelievably) is just one factor here.
edit on 5-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)


Sure Wrabbit, I'll ease up even though on a previous thread you indicated quite frankly and directly (you know the one) where you said that you needed to step back from your initial opinion........I'm not gonna embarrass you any more.....hypocrite and you know it....if you really have the courage, humility you will admit that......but, i suppose it's easier to march to the tune "Paranoia Blues" that anything and everything has a duplicity to it....??? Be a man....admit that you don't want 1,000 to die to please the shill that troll these pages to dump their ignorance of what is really going on!!! I thought better of you!~


Is there something about this that prevents you from keeping a discussion out of the personal insults and attacks? That's the second time you just kinda unload on me and I still have no idea what I did to make it a personal fight? No idea whatsoever. You know me on another screen name I'm not aware of or something?? The intense dislike your message shows is so strong, its totally out of place on this thread or any other I know you from.



posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by ItDepends

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by ItDepends
 


Wow... Ease up a bit on all that hostility. We're all entitled to our opinions. In my opinion, they are making the Mt. Everest from a rather manageable mole hill and likely one built deliberately for them to find. Now, if I'm wrong, then we're ALL in a world of hurt because unless Obama just keeps his guts on cold storage somewhere, the whole war's back on with a vengeance if something DOES happen.

That's the whole thing though. The other side is hurting as bad or worse than we are for keeping up the pace. The US is effectively out of Iraq. Leaving Afghanistan within a year at most for all but a fraction of what's been there before. Why would they want, at this moment, to turn the WHOLE thing back on and more than ever? It makes no sense.

However, another big chunk of disinfo played back on us? Well. a dollar spent by them is probably $100,000 required in response by us, at the very least. Paranoia isn't hard to trip and given financial destruction has been their goal, publicly stated, since the late 90's? This already did what they needed it to do.


* BTW..... It is important to add and really consider something. They've also been saying for years that threats come many a day, every day, non stop. Even before 9/11 and that was used as logic for how it all got missed. Just mist across an ocean. That's long before we could have guessed at confirmation to just HOW much they really monitor and how that's improved. Now why pick this one, of all ones? There is just too much wrong with this one in so many ways. Logic of the other side (while, don't forget, they need us right now in Syria...unbelievably) is just one factor here.
edit on 5-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)


Sure Wrabbit, I'll ease up even though on a previous thread you indicated quite frankly and directly (you know the one) where you said that you needed to step back from your initial opinion........I'm not gonna embarrass you any more.....hypocrite and you know it....if you really have the courage, humility you will admit that......but, i suppose it's easier to march to the tune "Paranoia Blues" that anything and everything has a duplicity to it....??? Be a man....admit that you don't want 1,000 to die to please the shill that troll these pages to dump their ignorance of what is really going on!!! I thought better of you!~


Is there something about this that prevents you from keeping a discussion out of the personal insults and attacks? That's the second time you just kinda unload on me and I still have no idea what I did to make it a personal fight? No idea whatsoever. You know me on another screen name I'm not aware of or something?? The intense dislike your message shows is so strong, its totally out of place on this thread or any other I know you from.


Ok Wrabbit, my intention was not to insult or make personal insults, however, I may have let the passion and emotion of the subject matter reply in a way that was not appropriate nor how I wish to carry an intelligent conversation. So allow my apologize to you, sorry for unloading on you. Let me say that perhaps I misinterpreted your reply on one thread regarding the same subject matter, then a similar thread came along where you appeared to go completely against what you had stated previously. Paraphrase " that you had changed your mind and that you were going to take a different stance and wait and see on the current Middle East situation....I Agreed
I thought that discourse was handled appropriately and intelligently. So, if you've change your position....that's fine, you are entitled to do so. So again, not meant to be personal, nor dislike. I apologize. I am humble enough to admit that my comments were probably too strong!


Edit: also sent you a P2P
edit on 8-8-2013 by ItDepends because: added comment



posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends
 

Thanks for the time taken to come back and write that. It's appreciated and all's good. I got your other and same there.

In all honesty, I'm just glad at this point that by whatever means it ended up being, whether deception from the start or deterrence by reaction? Nothing has happened in the end here and so no one was hurt or killed. That's especially true as the statistics on attacks like the US seems to have thought were coming and still do it seems are of the type the local population takes far heavier losses than American by the nature of things, anyway. Potentially, hundreds of locals to every 1 or 2 Americans. So it's certainly something to be glad just hasn't come to pass.

Let's hope it continues with nothing happening and so long as it does, the hows aren't as important, I suppose.



posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Need to remind you people that the ramadam officially ended today, so if anything happens it will be within the next two days.



posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by ItDepends
 

Thanks for the time taken to come back and write that. It's appreciated and all's good. I got your other and same there.

In all honesty, I'm just glad at this point that by whatever means it ended up being, whether deception from the start or deterrence by reaction? Nothing has happened in the end here and so no one was hurt or killed. That's especially true as the statistics on attacks like the US seems to have thought were coming and still do it seems are of the type the local population takes far heavier losses than American by the nature of things, anyway. Potentially, hundreds of locals to every 1 or 2 Americans. So it's certainly something to be glad just hasn't come to pass.

Let's hope it continues with nothing happening and so long as it does, the hows aren't as important, I suppose.



Agreed, no one has been severely hurt since it has been one week already since the first announcements about the Embassy closings were made.

Just catching CNN and Wolf Blitzer is having a conversation with Adm. Dennis Blair (RET.) Former Director of National Intelligence is seemingly indicating that "what ever threat there was, those forces have decided to back off to another day the terrorist always have the option of postponing their attack and I imagine that's what they have done....."

Blitzer: "so maybe all of the publicity that has been put out there has made them change their mind.....
Blair: "I'd say that' true....

So difficult to speculate. But perhaps the Announcements and Alerts did have an affect. However, I just feel if not this week.....any other given week in the future will satisfy them fine. Of course a few more Drone strikes in Yemen over night I'm didn't hurt from deferring them a little bit. Peace!!
edit on 8-8-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction
edit on 8-8-2013 by ItDepends because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood
 

I should be catching terrorists instead of cooking people dinner. I would be awesome.
The Most Terrifying Terrorist



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I've been reading up on some WWII stufff last few weeks. Sigint (Signal Intelligence) was a major part of the covert, non-combat part of the struggle.
before D-Day the allies had a special radio team that broadcast phony traffic about a nonexistent Patton-led army preparing to invade Dover, misleading the Germans as to the when and where of the landing.
the Germans did similar before the Battle of the Bulge; their radio traffic was quiet as they passed orders through couriers and made troop/equipment movements at night to foil air recon. History shows their success at acheiving surprise.
I read years ago about how some intel people blasted the combat people in Viet Nam after the Tet offensive, showing them the intel warnings of possible enemy action. the combat general then showed them similar warnings for something like fifteen of the previous twenty weekends. the relevant one was dismissed as the same old thing.
I don't want to give the bad guys credit, but there are some very smart people over there who spend a lot of time planning and thinking. don't think they aren't well aware of the NSA and other matters over here.
I think the threat implied by the prison breaks is undervalued. presumably these guys were freed for a future operation; not for a few months, I'm sure (Christmas?), but on its way.
we'll see if we get intel scares one a month or so until we get tired of them and start disregarding them; then...bango.
that's my fear.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
I've been reading up on some WWII stufff last few weeks. Sigint (Signal Intelligence) was a major part of the covert, non-combat part of the struggle.
before D-Day the allies had a special radio team that broadcast phony traffic about a nonexistent Patton-led army preparing to invade Dover, misleading the Germans as to the when and where of the landing.
the Germans did similar before the Battle of the Bulge; their radio traffic was quiet as they passed orders through couriers and made troop/equipment movements at night to foil air recon. History shows their success at acheiving surprise.
I read years ago about how some intel people blasted the combat people in Viet Nam after the Tet offensive, showing them the intel warnings of possible enemy action. the combat general then showed them similar warnings for something like fifteen of the previous twenty weekends. the relevant one was dismissed as the same old thing.
I don't want to give the bad guys credit, but there are some very smart people over there who spend a lot of time planning and thinking. don't think they aren't well aware of the NSA and other matters over here.
I think the threat implied by the prison breaks is undervalued. presumably these guys were freed for a future operation; not for a few months, I'm sure (Christmas?), but on its way.
we'll see if we get intel scares one a month or so until we get tired of them and start disregarding them; then...bango.
that's my fear.


I understand your premise, and history has proven over and over again to repeat itself. However today, the new enemy Radical Islamic Fanatical Terrorists have morphed into an enemy that will attack again. Yes, we may have deterred them, deferred them, but they will be back again.

You are quite right, they are not dumb, they learn, and are smart enough to find ways to kill the innocent people they hate so much. Time, patience lives well with them. They will attack when they believe they can make the most of it, and put fear into the hearts of the people they hate. Will it be tomorrow, next week, or in 3 months, it will come, they will try again and again....but in the meantime, we need to do everything we can, use every asset and perhaps not wait, but go on the offensive to continue to fracture these splintered elements of the radical offsprings of Al Qaeda. I for one have no problem with continued Drone attacks based on 'actionable' intelligence, the more the better....keep them running right back into the ancient caves they crawled out of.



posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Source

The leader of al Qaeda's Yemen-based wing, Nasser al-Wuhayshi, said he would free jailed Islamist militants soon, days after the United States shut missions across the Middle East because of the threat of an attack, possibly from Yemen.


Looks like Al-Qaeda has a few new plans to release more prisoners.





new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join