It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda leaders 'wanted to do something big' on Muslim holiday, sources say

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I still havent wrapped my head around Amadinijead no longer being a boogeyman. They usually don't change. I don't know much abour the new guy.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Big plans can mean many things and if they gained this information than their spying machines should be able to get more specifics. Information released to the public is also the same information they have? What are we supposed to do with that - dont know location but know its a holiday for them and they want to do something big. Its enough to spread fear and distract but open ended enough to leave everyone talking about it.

Terrorism is always a threat - just like rape, murder, and robbery. It's good to be vigilant but why share all the information on this particular threat? If so verifiable and serious they should know far more than they do given this necessary and effective system of spying. Lets see them now kill some people just to strengthen their assertions and give credit to themselves. Can't say it works if it's mistaken info. Sad world we live in.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Cheer up, maybe the storyline will be that Russia and China will ally with Al-Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood, unifying the Middle East just to give us some real palpable evil to worry about.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
It's good to be vigilant but why share all the information on this particular threat?

Could be the same reason a teenager might bring a pretty girl to a monster movie in a dark theater.

First we snuggle out of fear, then we get hosed.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by christafinias
Normally everyone's like 'Damn those pesky Al-Qaeda'
Now it 'We know what you up sneaky government'

maybe in slightly stronger words.
Everyone's starting to see it for what it is (imo)

Almost everyone... at this site.

The general public.... sheeple.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

LOL

I like the part where they got 2000 convicts to join their terrorist crusade. Thats alotta extras!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well.... we can be certain that the AQ Threat was not directed to Golf Courses... because O'Bummer
traipsed off to Another round of Golf ....even as the USA declared a State of National--Emergency in closing a dozen M.E. Embassys etc

This covert Muslim in the WH is a discredit to the Office & the real-voters....almost as bad as Eerich. Holder the top legal authority outside the Supreme Court

edit on 5-8-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
LOL. Why worry about it? The President isn't the leader of this country!
Besides, its not like Bush spent a lot of time behind the desk during his two terms, and a Hurricane.

Oh and there is now a threat to shut down the Government next month???!
Government Shut Down
edit on 5-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The Night of the Crescent Moon?

Another factor prompting the embassy and consulate closures is the end of Ramadan. Depending on when a new crescent moon is seen, the Muslim holy month could end Wednesday or Thursday.
Ramadan's end is celebrated with the Eid al-Fitr festivities -- a three-day holiday in most Muslim countries.

This whole article boils down to one thing really, some new guy named Nasir al Wuhayshi got elected to be the "General Manager" of the terrorists and needs to do something to 'cement' his position in the leadership. He works out of Yemen, hence all the focus on Yemen, but now that seems to have passed to a global concern.

And these guys seem to have mastered "Body Bombs"
Body Bombs

For the last year, U.S. and European authorities have publicly warned that al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), al Qaeda's Yemeni affiliate, and its master bomb-maker, Ibrahim al-Asiri, have been designing body bombs with no metal parts to get past airport security.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
The Night of the Crescent Moon?

Another factor prompting the embassy and consulate closures is the end of Ramadan. Depending on when a new crescent moon is seen, the Muslim holy month could end Wednesday or Thursday.
Ramadan's end is celebrated with the Eid al-Fitr festivities -- a three-day holiday in most Muslim countries.

it is called Hilal = there are organizations that exist to watch for the first verifiable crescent of the new noon....use your search engine

there is a personal gratification in being the person to see the firstLunar Crescent no matter how thin & wispy it may be

i understand your premis... but O'Bummer is the acknowledged 'Leader' of the USA... even though he takes his marching orders from a higher authority

---and i'm not saying his higher-authority is Allah

edit on 5-8-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
No, i know how to do that.

The night of the crescent moon is the night they make their attack. At least according to the article, perhaps i should say the Night of the New Moon, since that would reflect the islamic flag.

Damn search engine...it actually supports my post!
The morning after the crescent moon is the first day of.

Shawwāl (شوّال) is the tenth month of the lunar Islamic calendar. Shawwāl means to ‘lift or carry’; so named because she-camels normally would be carrying a fetus at this time of year.

Camels with fetuses....Terrorists with Belly Bombs....cmon! That is just a lil spooky right?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by neo96

Think the whole charade of embassy closings,jail breaks, and supposed plots are to justify the largest expansion of spying we have ever seen.

I'd say that about nails it! It's taken about the right amount of time for this sort to cook up a scheme like this too. Going back to the day Snowden broke out and made their lives hell, it's about right indeed.

So after all this we'll be told THIS is why we need to sit down, shut up and stop complaining about what's being done to us, in our name and for our own good.

Uhh.... I guess I don't get things so well because I'm not receiving their message. I'll shut up when nature deems my days here are done and I move on to the next life.

That Nails it....Wrabbit??? So if 10, a 100, a 1,000 people die due to a Militant Islamic Radical Attack (Terrorists) that's ok....just expected and if the U.S. tries to stop it....it is fake? I hope you and all of your sheep are wrong.....so wrong.....Just look up history ( I am not going to do it again) on how many attacks from Al Qaeda (admittedly) since 1996 where thousands of innocent people have been murdered/killed in the name of Allah?? Glad you are so convinced that this is fake.....you must have been one of those cheering when the twin towers when down, the trains in Spain were blown up and the subway's in Great Britain were attacked and killed innocent people just trying to live a normal life. No such thing as terror, it's all made up, their are no crazies out there.....? eh??? Will you shut your mouth when more innocent blood is spilled along with all of the other shills that love to finger the U.S.??? It will happen, we cannot stop ALL of these radicals.....but, blame it on the NSA....go ahead....oh, how was dinner tonight??? Safe, a little t.v. plans for tomorrow? Yeah, try thinking that way in Syria or Egypt.....you are a hypocrite!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
LOL did you see the new headline "Al-Zawahiri to his No. 2: 'Do something' Really sounds like they had some solid plans ....

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

It makes sense when you think about it. Really rather clever in the larger sense too.

Break out a bunch of fellow terrorists and hardened criminals? Check.
Run a Major operation against an 'unidentified target' to get all the big powers to put out some troops? Check.
Put U.S. and other nations on immediate and extended alert? Check.

If you were going to do something big, now would be the time.

It also sounds like a big psyop.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

reply to post by lernmore

LOL

I like the part where they got 2000 convicts to join their terrorist crusade. Thats alotta extras!

You like it?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

It makes sense when you think about it. Really rather clever in the larger sense too.

Break out a bunch of fellow terrorists and hardened criminals? Check.
Run a Major operation against an 'unidentified target' to get all the big powers to put out some troops? Check.
Put U.S. and other nations on immediate and extended alert? Check.

If you were going to do something big, now would be the time.

It also sounds like a big psyop.

Can we, perhaps, maybe, just a little have some common sense???? Al Qaeda exists, they have been killing/mudering/cutting heads off, maiming people/ since at least 1996 (they admit this)!!! While you sit in your comfortable abode, drinking whatevere you please and Monday Evening quarterbacking......Open your eyes, the Middle East and North Africa and parts of Western Asia are full of discontented Islamic Militant Radicals, ready to shoot your daughter in the face (like they did in Pakistan, what courageous young beautiful girl) because they don' think girls/women should be able to have an education.

A lot of you are digging your heads in the sand, you don't want to see the evil that is out there to destroy you, because you don't believe in their distorted view of Allah and the Quran. No you are sitting comfy, protected, but you are miserable because summer re-runs are on...so what better to do.....Let's hope that something bad happens....Real T.V.....? That's the fact! You don't like your own lives so you are desperately hoping for a crisis to really happen to give you a little pleasure, distract you from the commercials while you drive to get your fast food.

Rough, tough, rude, untactful, spelling out the truth hitting home to close???? Well to bad, that is the way I see it!!!! This is a real Terror warning and not some stupid False Flag operation...hey we all are entitled to our opinions, speculation, right? Well I've read your LOL's and care-free responses which tells me you live in a society that you feel pretty comfy in.........

edit on 5-8-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

edit on 5-8-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Terrorist #1 - Hey mohammed, let's send out some emails and test the US and their monitoring of us...

Terrorist #2 - Yeah, I mean, they did not find the Boston Bombers so why not...

(begins mass emails about 'Ramadan' attack...)

Meanwhile, back at basecamp, they are all playing COD Black Ops 2...ok ok....

This is probably why there was an alert. Not only do we know they have weapons the CIA sold them you also have this.

Link

Al-Asiri is suspected of being behind this and he is a well known and a mastermind of a few plots. Let's all hpoe the start of the school year goes ok.

edit on 5-8-2013 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Sure they did.

I guess we should trust complete strangers in government even after they get caught lying about WMD.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Yes. I like it. On the scale of evil moves that is one the better ones. Release an army of prisoners nearly 2000 strong. If you even get half the number to side with you and had the arms to back yourself up, what could you do in one of the weaker countries like Libya or Yemen.

For a reference, Sing Sing Prison holds roughly the same number of prisoners that were released. So what could a 1000 American prisoners with guns and a plan do?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Wow... Ease up a bit on all that hostility. We're all entitled to our opinions. In my opinion, they are making the Mt. Everest from a rather manageable mole hill and likely one built deliberately for them to find. Now, if I'm wrong, then we're ALL in a world of hurt because unless Obama just keeps his guts on cold storage somewhere, the whole war's back on with a vengeance if something DOES happen.

That's the whole thing though. The other side is hurting as bad or worse than we are for keeping up the pace. The US is effectively out of Iraq. Leaving Afghanistan within a year at most for all but a fraction of what's been there before. Why would they want, at this moment, to turn the WHOLE thing back on and more than ever? It makes no sense.

However, another big chunk of disinfo played back on us? Well. a dollar spent by them is probably $100,000 required in response by us, at the very least. Paranoia isn't hard to trip and given financial destruction has been their goal, publicly stated, since the late 90's? This already did what they needed it to do.

* BTW..... It is important to add and really consider something. They've also been saying for years that threats come many a day, every day, non stop. Even before 9/11 and that was used as logic for how it all got missed. Just mist across an ocean. That's long before we could have guessed at confirmation to just HOW much they really monitor and how that's improved. Now why pick this one, of all ones? There is just too much wrong with this one in so many ways. Logic of the other side (while, don't forget, they need us right now in Syria...unbelievably) is just one factor here.
edit on 5-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join