It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Alert in MSM

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Should we all be OFFICIALLY worried now?

news.yahoo.com...

TOKYO (Reuters) - Highly radioactive water seeping into the ocean from Japan's crippled Fukushima nuclear plant is creating an "emergency" that the operator is struggling to contain, an official from the country's nuclear watchdog said on Monday.

This contaminated groundwater has breached an underground barrier, is rising toward the surface and is exceeding legal limits of radioactive discharge, Shinji Kinjo, head of a Nuclear Regulatory Authority (NRA) task force, told Reuters.

edit on 5-8-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: MASSIVE COPY AND PASTE REMOVED - do not copy entire pages of content to ATS

edit on 8/5/2013 by semperfortis because: corrected all caps

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hey don't worry.

Here's your diner.

They've covered any contingency.
What could possibly go wrong?
lol

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
All big tuna caught in the North Pacific tests positive for Fukishima radiation but you won't find that in MSM and that meat is still going to the market. We will be dealing with the aftermath of Fukishima for generations.

We've been destroying this planet at an accelerating rate for centuries now and hopefully my generation and the ones to follow can get the ball rolling to revive this planet. Unfortunately those with most of the money are too greedy and only willing to invest money that will only make them wealthier at the expense of our dying planet.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
What I hate is the contradictions in the report. I have the BBC version up -0

"Tepco admitted for the first time last month that radioactive groundwater had breached an underground barrier and been leaking into the sea, but said it was taking steps to prevent it."

contadicts:
"If the underground barrier is breached, the watchdog warns"

Is the underground barrier breached or not?

And lets not forget the MSM missing the fact that last month they said they were containing it but had no idea where it was coming from.

Again another contradiction.

EPIC FAIL

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Waiter? Yes, I'll have the Fuku Fish Fillet, low rad version please and bring a shot of Potassium iodide on the side, if you would.

^^ The choice of the next generation!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
All big tuna caught in the North Pacific tests positive for Fukishima radiation but you won't find that in MSM and that meat is still going to the market. We will be dealing with the aftermath of Fukishima for generations.

We've been destroying this planet at an accelerating rate for centuries now and hopefully my generation and the ones to follow can get the ball rolling to revive this planet. Unfortunately those with most of the money are too greedy and only willing to invest money that will only make them wealthier at the expense of our dying planet.

They will just continue to up the accepted amount of toxins around the world so no one will lose money.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
As someone who has followed the Fukushima Disaster from pretty much day one; it's alarming.

Given that TEPCO has pretty much suppressed any information that might make it look like the plant is not 'in a controlled state'; the sudden MSM admission via TEPCO that there is a major leak ongoing, should be treated as an _understatement._

Frankly I expect that the reality of the situation is more along the lines of:

One of the reactor cores that has melted down, has reached the water table, and that the steam and heat generated by this has opened an unground free flowing path/river to the ocean.

Or something similar.

M.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The plant's operator recently admitted for the first time that radioactive water was still going into the sea.

The sight of steam rising is worrying because it means somewhere inside the reactor building water is boiling, says the BBC's Rupert Wingfield-Hayes in Tokyo.

On Monday, Tepco said the plant was likely to be leaking contaminated water into the sea, something that has been suspected for some time, but previously denied by the company.

Earlier this month, a sharp increase in radioactive caesium was detected in groundwater 25 metres (82ft) from the sea.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
amazing that the Japanese people don't demand that the execs of TEPCO be imprisioned..."sorry" doesn't cut it....every exec should immediately have their pay cut down to the level of being able to pay their monthly household bills...all other pay, company profits, should all be funneled into solving this problem....TEPCO should have government agents and experts inside managing their day to day operations. the Japanese government should have their "all hands on deck" solving this problem, along with western countries helping. the domino effect of contaminated seafood to this worlds food system is massive....birds eat fish, fish are ground up for feed, fish are used in fertilizer cosmetics, medicines, mammals eat fish etc...this is a ticking time bomb....and there doesn't seems to be the urgency needed to stop it.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFinder

The disturbing thing about this is that we all knew this because it was obvious. It is ridiculous to me how apparent it is that 'they' consider us complete morons. The disaster took place on March 11, 2011 (note the date as that is typically significant to the Illuminati/fallen). Making this statement more than two years and a half years later is utterly unacceptable and purposefully delinquent.

Again the information is controlled and how they wish to disseminate such information is all a part of their agenda.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
As someone who has followed the Fukushima Disaster from pretty much day one; it's alarming.

Given that TEPCO has pretty much suppressed any information that might make it look like the plant is not 'in a controlled state'; the sudden MSM admission via TEPCO that there is a major leak ongoing, should be treated as an _understatement._

Frankly I expect that the reality of the situation is more along the lines of:

One of the reactor cores that has melted down, has reached the water table, and that the steam and heat generated by this has opened an unground free flowing path/river to the ocean.

Or something similar.

M.

the first person in TEPCO that refuses to give information, have the police immediately handcuff them, put them in jail, and then move onto the next person...start at the top, and work your way down. ALL TEPCO paperwork and computer files need to be in control of the government....these people will sell their obaasan (grandmother) to make a few yen...F'em, why they still are entrusted to fix this is beyond ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Tepco deserves some blame sure, but there has been a conspiracy since the disaster happened to keep the Fukishima Meltdown news on the down low. It is government agencies that ordered the blackout, not Tepco.

The average American does not even know that Fukishima melted down, they do not know that it is still leaking radioactive water into the Pacific, they do not know that elevated level of radiation are happened in the air and ocean of the West Coast of the US as a result of Fukishima. The reason why almost all headlines about Fukishima have contradicting statements and vague reporting of the facts is to not cause panic by the masses and to not cause economic fallout along with the radiation fallout.

edit on 5-8-2013 by jrod because: 123

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
They are now finally calling it an "emergency". I think it is probably even worse than we imagine, if they're finally going public with it.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I also forgot to mention that they seem to be fudging the definition of ground water.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Maybe that is what the recent cow mutilation is about. Scientists testing just how bad the radioactivity is. I saw a map about 8 months ago showing just how much radiation is blowing straight to the USA and how people are having problems already based on some accounts.

I would like to see more updated maps about that radiation in the water and air.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
not sure if i´m allowed to post links here. but for the ones that dont know it yet - check out "fukushima diary" by by Mochizuki . has been the best source of info for me about the situation.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

The average American does not even know that Fukishima melted down, they do not know that it is still leaking radioactive water into the Pacific, they do not know that elevated level of radiation are happened in the air and ocean of the West Coast of the US as a result of Fukishima.

edit on 5-8-2013 by jrod because: 123

The average America doesn't know Fluoridated water is bad for you, that gmo's are in nearly all they eat, but they sure as heck know who honey boo boo is and what the latest sports scores are! They don't care.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
They are now finally calling it an "emergency". I think it is probably even worse than we imagine, if they're finally going public with it.

Its A Emergency Level Event. But pay no heed and please keep smiling and shopping.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
There is a great thread about that found here
Fukushima Thread

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
are we all doomed yet? When do we notice the effects? What are the precautions taken whilst grocery shopping? I love shrimp... was thinking about making a bloody mary and using a shrimp garnish... should I just stick to celery?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join