It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground Oil Spill In Alberta - Ongoing For Months

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I just stumbled upon this and it's an major environmental issue, that's getting no press it seems.

An engineering field visit conducted by CNRL in June to examine impacts from one of the four spills show oil staining over two feet up the trunks of trees, and some completely coated in oil. And based on winter snow coverage, CNRL itself estimates that oil has been leaking for over four months.

The first two underground spills began on May 20 and according to an incident report filed by CNRL, the oil plume was about 200-feet long. The third incident was reported on June 8, but documents suggest the oil has been leaking for months longer.

Source

It's no secret that I am very anti-oil, shale gas or whatever else archaic and ancient fuel you'd like to destroy my beatiful country. Alberta and it's oil sands more so than most.

Now, for months there's been underground oil spills?! Nobody has been told about them?

They can't stop them either?!

Have I just been oblivious and this has been covered or have you all not heard of this either?

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Thats putrefying news. I hadn't heard of it either. How I wish this was reported on the home pages, the front page of the dailies, and right before the end of every talent/reality/trash program on the tv.

Have no idea but wonder what happens when the oil meets the stuff they're planning on storing in northern Sask...

How does one apologize to planet Earth?

Thanks for sharing this - its important news.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

We could start by shutting down Harper and his Chinese oil deals

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
We seem to go overboard with everything. Humans have the desire to over-abuse everything they touch. Can't we save a little gas and oil for the great great granchildren in case they have some kinds of problems where they need it? I mean, it will never grow back.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

we don't have to, she will do just fine, we on the other hand... but that good news for mother earth, finally got rid of humans.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
We seem to go overboard with everything. Humans have the desire to over-abuse everything they touch. Can't we save a little gas and oil for the great great granchildren in case they have some kinds of problems where they need it? I mean, it will never grow back.

No, humans would be very happy if they weren't burying the real tech and using clean tech. They would feel good about each other.

Its a very small group and some of us don't think they're human. Some of us think they're destroying the earth on purpose and cheating/abusing karmic/cosmic law of consequence, to pin this on humanity, and bring about a huge disaster and harvest, because they think they can bury truth from people, put it out in places they won't look, the odd movie, the odd controversial and often debunked person here and there and in the demonic occult so all run. They make it very hard to get answers, but they put them out, or they'd lose the school, they'd get karma and consequences to them. And they know it, its the law they believe in and its like Voodoo, you live by the sword you die by the sword. So they cheat and think they're going to get away with it because they know humans are loving basically and look after their children, and htey're making the game so that the only way we can save earth is to rise up all of us, and then they could kill most of us too. They stack it so humans won't do that bloody way, and then they think the consequences will happen anyway. But love and meditation and raising consciousness would change a lot of things here.

I tell them no, bigger team overhead.

But this is not about humans, this is about the PTB and this is what they want to have happen.
edit on 4-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
That's the uncannyness of it all..............what or who is driving the bus?
Common sense is totally ignored to our detriment constantly, in just about every endeavour....
No rythme or reason seems to prevail here...
The Chaos seems created deliberately to obfuscate the hidden agendas from the people.

Eight year olds have more discernment than the adults most of the time...but who listens to them?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It's not hard to see why this was going on for so long. The leaks are on the Primrose bombing range that the Cold Lake air base uses to practise with their weapons. Not alot people are roaming in a restricted area like this and I'm sure nobody lives there, they also have patrols to keep people out of the area.

I'm just glad they shut down CNRL until they can get their crap together.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

We could start by shutting down Harper and his Chinese oil deals

~Tenth

Begin the crusade by not driving your car.

I know it is so much easier to blame others.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby
How does one apologize to planet Earth?

No worry, when Gaia will have enough of us, she'll clean up our mess her own way...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This spill is on traditional First Nations land
Here is an excerpt of a related article to the OP and a link.

The Cold Lake operations are on the traditional territory of the Beaver Lake Cree First Nation, which is pursuing a constitutional challenge that argues the cumulative impacts of oil sands industrial development are infringing their treaty rights to hunt, fish and trap.

As well, the First Nation says there are graves alongside the lake in the area affected by the spills, and that band members have been unable to access that area.

Link: nbharbinger.wordpress.com...

Yes it is also a missile test range but the Canadian military has been using First Nations land for many years.
In southern Ontario.
This resulted in the shooting death of Dudly George at Ipperwash.
Excerpt:
In 1936, the Province of Ontario created Ipperwash Provincial Park.[2]

In 1942 during World War II, the Government of Canada wanted reserve land from the Stoney Point Band to use as a base for military training and offered to buy it for $15 per acre. They also promised to return the land after the war ended. The Natives rejected the offer.

Under the War Measures Act, the federal government appropriated the lands from the Stoney Point Reserve and established Military Camp Ipperwash. The First Nations claim that the grounds contain a burial site. As of 2010, archaeological surveys have established that such a site does indeed exist.[3]

As early as 1993, while Camp Ipperwash was still being used as a summer training centre for the Royal Canadian Army Cadets, a few natives had occupied portions of the camp and the adjacent piece of land. After the summer of 1993, the government moved the cadet camp to CFB Borden. There was growing tension about the base at Camp Ipperwash.

Link: en.wikipedia.org...

So, I guess because it is on First Nations land, it is not a problem.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Begin the crusade by not driving your car.

I drive a hybrid car and use the least amount of fuel possible. I also vote with my dollars and choose not to buy products from companies I have moral disagreements with.

I know it is so much easier to blame others.

It's it's my fault that an entire province in my country is being turned into a desert and that we choose to invest in archaic and unreliable forms of energy.

I'm blaming the people who caused these problems to occur. Firstly the companies who created this whole mess of a spill among others, secondly the government body who allows them free reign of our resources for profit.

The ones who allow foreign nationalist companies to purchase large portions of our natural resources, and then sign agreements like the TTP which allow those governments to sue us to recuperate future profits.

Yeah, I'm the one passing the buck..

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I do not understand this. As far as i was aware those were sand oil type oil ectraction. The oil is in the sand you cart it away and squeeze the oil out. How do you get a oil spill if the spill is the reason they there

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
oil spill underground!!!! - jesus mother and mary

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I am surprised CBC news hasn't picked this story up yet. Cant say that i am not surprised that would be bad news for the defenders of Keystone.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Looks like this is not the first time this happened.

CNRL had a similar blowout occur in January 2009, which saw 5,686 barrels of bitumen recovered from the surface. The Energy and Resources Conservation Board (or ERCB, the predecessor to the AER) investigated, using steam injection tests to determine how the blowout occurred. However, the results were inconclusive leaving the ERCB to speculate on how the bitumen emulsion made its way to the surface.

So they had no idea what went wrong, and what did they do ?

Following this investigation, the ERCB restricted the volume of steam CNRL could inject per cycle, but ultimately determined that HPCSS operations could continue safely.

Continue safely ? They don't know what went wrong, how is that safe ?

This latest incident calls that decision into question. Even one blowout would be unacceptable — but four blowouts signify a complete failure in the project design and approval.

www.pembina.org...

Yes I would say 4 blowouts in 5 years is a huge design failure, but in the end we all know it's the oil bucks that do the loudest talking.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Got to love those Harper ads stating how he raised penalties on the polluters and making them restore the lands to previous states ......... jokes on us .. he then lays off (fires)the scientists that would oversee.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by rickymouse

No, humans would be very happy if they weren't burying the real tech and using clean tech. They would feel good about each other.

Its a very small group and some of us don't think they're human. Some of us think they're destroying the earth on purpose and cheating/abusing karmic/cosmic law of consequence, to pin this on humanity, and bring about a huge disaster and harvest, because they think they can bury truth from people, put it out in places they won't look, the odd movie, the odd controversial and often debunked person here and there and in the demonic occult so all run. They make it very hard to get answers, but they put them out, or they'd lose the school, they'd get karma and consequences to them. And they know it, its the law they believe in and its like Voodoo, you live by the sword you die by the sword. So they cheat and think they're going to get away with it because they know humans are loving basically and look after their children, and htey're making the game so that the only way we can save earth is to rise up all of us, and then they could kill most of us too. They stack it so humans won't do that bloody way, and then they think the consequences will happen anyway. But love and meditation and raising consciousness would change a lot of things here.

I tell them no, bigger team overhead.

But this is not about humans, this is about the PTB and this is what they want to have happen.
edit on 4-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Im in Love

Always enjoy reading your wisdom and heart-truth Unity

top topics

join