It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret TPP Deal Would Void Democracy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I had read into the TPP a while ago, but didn't understand quite how insane it was.

This article really puts it into perspective.

Congress will soon debate whether to “fast-track” a trade deal that would make job-killers like NAFTA look puny. The Trans-Pacific Partnership would give corporations the right to sue national governments if they passed any law, regulation, or court ruling interfering with a corporation’s “expected future profits.”

They could also sue over local or state laws they didn’t like. The TPP would cover 40 percent of the world’s economy.

Source

So effectively, if a company wants to go to another country and ruin it's rain forest, or it's aquifer, it can do that. All it needs to do us sue and claim lost of potential profits.

Isn't that just peachy?

~Tenth
edit on 7/8/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

That's another reason why there is not a 'no-confidence' box to check next to any name on any ballot where the peoples vote counts.

How can anyone vote with assured confidence?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

It appears as if you may be correct sir...

Close caption for the video is available with English subtitles, however you ]may have to go to youtube to view it.

Source / Alternative source

In 2009, when the government of El Salvador refused to issue an environmental permit to a Canadian mining corporation, community activists in Las Cabañas rejoiced. For years they had been fighting a pitched battle against the efforts of the company, Pacific Rim, to mine for gold in their region - plans that included the dumping of toxic arsenic in their rivers. It was not a campaign without risk.

edit on 8-7-2013 by Daedal because: spelling

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Wow. Sell-outs. Sell-outs. Sell-outs. Sell-outs. Sell-outs.

I want to know the end game! This just gonna keep going till there's nothing left? How can these plastic fork, tie wearing, sell-out, cowards maintain their power if there's nothing left...?

How can some of them be so "smart" and not see what they're contributing to?

There's power or powers that even the movers and shakers don't know of, understand, or are scared of, for one reason or another. My opinion.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazz87

There's enough resources to last their lifetimes so why not grab what they can now and flip a bird to the future.
Sad but true.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I honestly believe it... The world governments have all gone a-wall in my opinion... But what do I know? I'm just a pawn in the greater game of whatever they want me and all of us to be. Nobody willing to stand up. All Civillians being ran around, living check to check just to put food on the table. FUBAR isn't even the icing of words that could describe the sinking pit feeling in my stomach as of late.

NO BUENO!~

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The contents have not been made public, but are known to the 600 “corporate advisors” helping write it, such as Chevron, Halliburton, Walmart, Ford, GE, AT&T, Cargill, Pfizer, and the Semiconductor Industry Association.

Ruh-roh...

If Congress dressed like NASCAR drivers, these are some of the sponsors that would be plastered all over their suits.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It's hard to imagine a human being, actually having the balls to be so damn f**in evil while continuing to sleep at night and have no regret whats so ever...I just, don't get it.

Whats so hard about doing what's good?
Why must the rules everywhere in the world constantly change in the favors of the elite, do they REALLY need all that help?

Is this reality even real, I mean.
Are we stuck a in game for so long that we don't know that the ultimate goal in life is to become a selfish idiot with no regards what so ever other than his glorious profit?

That must be it, I don't see why else a minority of people consisting of useless, wasteful, in-optimal larva's should get to decide how eeeeeeveryone else should suffer with their actions and in-actions.

When to much s*** gathers in one place and creates a big, giant and disgusting pimple...what do we do?
edit on 8-7-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
seriously.

My hand on the Bible, if this passes through CONgress without a fight...
If and when I see the traitors who voted "yea" for this, I will personally throat punch them.
I cannot believe this is even being presented to a vote.
How else are we going to stop this insanity?
"Voting" is getting us nowhere and fast.
We are going to have to take matters in our own hands.

Call my bluff, 'o fearless leaders.

Call my bluff.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Welcome to the NWO in progress.

They are getting closer and closer to their goal of world dominance.

They use all political spectrums and create the triad thesis, antithesis, synthesis.

Throw in a few Hegelian Dialectics and there we have it !!

It is called the Marxist-Corporatist agenda.

All Roads Lead to Rothschild.

If my idea of freedom conflicts with your idea of freedom then neither of us can be free until everyone agrees to be a slave. ~(can't remember who said that !)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator
It's hard to imagine a human being, actually having the balls to be so damn f**in evil while continuing to sleep at night and have no regret whats so ever...I just, don't get it.

Whats so hard about doing what's good?
Why must the rules everywhere in the world constantly change in the favors of the elite, do they REALLY need all that help?

Is this reality even real, I mean.
Are we stuck a in game for so long that we don't know that the ultimate goal in life is to become a selfish idiot with no regards what so ever other than his glorious profit?

That must be it, I don't see why else a minority of people consisting of useless, wasteful, in-optimal larva's should get to decide how eeeeeeveryone else should suffer with their actions and in-actions.

When to much s*** gathers in one place and creates a big, giant and disgusting pimple...what do we do?
edit on 8-7-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

Wow, Mediator... I had to bump you one just for the pimple being five
times the volume of the face. the National Debt+ Interest/GNP comes
to mind, but I get your drift. If we pop that baby now, even the guys up
on top would know the dermatologist wouldn't be able to stop the
diseased brain from following the kaboodle noodle OUT. Irk, and only
a couple hours since eating. Thanks for the original visual though

I think also squirting to mind was this Gahan Wilson sketch, but T&C....

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Great thread about a Very Bad Treaty, Tenth!
I believe at this point corporatism has advanced to a region of toxicity that exceeds any
of the fantasy / sci-fi crappy scenarios a healthy mind fifty or sixty years ago could
summon up... even with artificial Danish latex farm machinery. And with that last descrip-
tion in tow these guys have even my all too fertile imagination at a loss if I was hooked up
to 460 volt three-phase... and an extra Bloomberger of Dave's Black Death coffee. cold

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
seriously.

My hand on the Bible, if this passes through CONgress without a fight...
If and when I see the traitors who voted "yea" for this, I will personally throat punch them.
I cannot believe this is even being presented to a vote.
How else are we going to stop this insanity?
"Voting" is getting us nowhere and fast.
We are going to have to take matters in our own hands.

Call my bluff, 'o fearless leaders.

Call my bluff.

I'll second the motion, but it looks from the eloquence we may both be too old
for either the Mars mission or a zero-gravity maintenace job.

They're not listening, try a Talmud. And I don't think even the Congresscritters'
vote matters anymore, it looks like this [festering creel off the underside of a ghost
ship from Hades they call legislation] is getting romradded through without even
seeing a committee anymore... < insert voice vote for a 12% blanket raise here>

Oh no you don't finally ... throat punch too fast a way to go. We should get creative
with the first few hundred, so everybody wakes up and begins to behave.
If they're going to de facto repeal the Fifth, that means cruel and unusual punishment
across the board... Equal injustice under the law, including imaginitive stuff.

"..ya gotta get plumb mad dog mean."Josey Wales"

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Gee Whiz, why not get creative and sue them for potential lost profits when people like us lose our jobs out of the blue and have to take part time jobs?.

A class action lawsuit by the underemployed homeless masses who can't find a job that pays enough to get by and be anything but underemployed and homeless.

There ain't no New World Order, this the same old # that has always gone on, instead of kings and popes it's corporations and big business and government doing the same old crap as has always been done.

They must already have a new planet to move on to and destroy denude and pollute.

There are ways to remedy these things if we could only get up the sac to admit it before it's too late, instead of wasting our time here talking about it and getting nothing done but making sure they know what we discuss cuz they monitor the internet closely.

Just watch the carnage if enough people were to say "NO" at the same time, you only have to kill a few chickens to stop them all from clucking.

Chickens.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Corporate greed and control is the catalyst that will eventually bring the U.S. down to its knees.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

If anyone had a doubt about who really is ruling our nation, I think this sums it up. This is the united states of exxon, northrop grumman, pepsico, goldman sachs, nsa, ad nauseum.

The truth is there hasn't been any real democracy in my lifetime. Geographic nation states are a thing of the past, except in name and masque. Your allegiances will be bought and sold on the market for profit by the uber wealthy.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Er, yes? If the government passes a law that harms me, I'm going to find a lawyer who will sue the government and get it overturned. See DOMA, DADT, Brown v. Board of Education, etc. If the government passes a law that harms a corporation, I expect the corporation to do the same thing. That doesn't mean they're going to sue over every law and regulation in the books, obviously they will only be able to file suit when there's a real controversy, but I expect them to defend their shareholders' interests when they can make a case that a law is unenforceable. And I think it's fair that our trading partners will also give our corporations access to their courts.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
this may be considered off topic but there is a correlation here.

BBC

UK Prime Minister David Cameron has announced plans for what could be "the biggest bilateral trade deal in history" between the EU and the US.

Mr Cameron said a successful agreement would have a greater impact than all other world trade deals put together.

Mr Cameron said the deal could be worth £100bn to the EU economy, £80bn to the US and £85bn to the rest of the world.

Just giving it all away obaMABUSh
edit on 9-7-2013 by whatzshaken because: typing in hte dark

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
As the final quartet is played I find myself dancing with the melody

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Super peachy.

This is a big deal I'm surprised I didn't hear of this before.

Great thread. Clearly you are on top of things.
edit on 9-7-2013 by On7a7higher7plane because: super peachy

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join