It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Taps Hacker Tactics to Spy on Suspects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

FBI Taps Hacker Tactics to Spy on Suspects

online.wsj.com

Law-enforcement officials in the U.S. are expanding the use of tools routinely used by computer hackers to gather information on suspects, bringing the criminal wiretap into the cyber age.

Federal agencies have largely kept quiet about these capabilities, but court documents and interviews with people involved in the programs provide new details about the hacking tools, including spyware delivered to computers and phones through email or Web links—techniques more commonly associated with attacks by criminals.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Here we go again ATS. Now we have to watch what we say. I've been wondering what they were planning to do with all the permissions that go along with updated smart phones and tablets. In case you were unaware, when you update your phone or apps on it the fine print state that they can turn on microphone or video without your consent. So I guess in someone's eyes this would be legal, not mine.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm not telling you what to do, just be aware of what can happen and plan accordingly.

MOTF!

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
everyone should post as much 'borderline' # as possible to mess these systems up.

just sign off with barack obama in every thing you write.

if they want to snoop, lets make them check EVERYTHING.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

This system uses your phone to listen to you. Nothing to do with posting or the internet at all. I'm sure I could come up with some pretty outlandish stories if I knew they were listening to me. A story with a unicorn.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
For some reason I thought this topic would gain more attention. Repost or something?

MOTF!

new topics

top topics

join