It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleveland Police Disciplining 75 Cops After An Unarmed Couple Was Shot 137 Times

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

The pair were shot 137 times while in their car, parked in a middle school parking lot. No officers were injured in what police called a "full blown-out" firefight.

This kind of thing is getting out of hand. Some one should teach these LEO's proper weapons handling.

This is unbelieveable.

link

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Seriously how can you condone firing 137 times at an unarmed couple?

Our finest in action. Never ceases to amaze.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
How do you justify 100 cops being involved in chasing one car? This whole affair just makes me glad we never let our own cops here in the UK become so gun reliant.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Suprised nobody is on worker's compensation for an injured trigger finger...

Are these people just trigger happy, or are they that paranoid of being shot themselves that they just overreact?
edit on 3/8/13 by NuclearPaul because: typo

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The police brutality seems to be growing larger and larger, it is just astounding to read this.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Ya the story says he was shot 23 times and she was shot 24 times. Out of 137 shots 90 of them missed their target, and they were in a school parking lot. I wonder if school was in session?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Speechless...
All this will soon explode...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
There is also a little more on the story here.link

I find it odd that this happened last November and I never seen it in the news.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

Something will have been focused upon at the time to the detriment of this incident getting attention.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The LEOs are now a threat to the populace. This is pretty frightening.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted
There is also a little more on the story here.link

I find it odd that this happened last November and I never seen it in the news.

it was a pretty small story considering how brutal it was in cleveland.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
The LEOs are now a threat to the populace. This is pretty frightening.

The police have been a threat to the populace since the start of the drug war. Stage 2 in this threat escalation are the "laws" passed after 9/11 and police ranks being swelled with returning combat vets and military gear.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It's HIGH TIME that civilian oversight of all police forces become the obligatory norm.

Enough of this investigating and disciplining themselves. Clearly they have shown us that they cannot do it right. And until they begin to measure up, can the suspensions-with-pay attitude. They've taken that too far as well.

Some LEOs need to be fired, period.
edit on 3-8-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
And not a one will get fired.

Just a miscommunication, two dead, but just a miscommunication.

Peace

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Incroiable.....it seems that ''common sense'' and ''police work'' are becoming mutually exclusive terms.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Full blown firefight?

Wouldnt that require the unarmed couple to be shooting back at the police?

And how the hell did 75 cops get involved in the "chase"?

Can 75 cops even move down the same road all at once? Must have been bigger than the Macy's parade.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I live just east of Cleveland. The police officers that started the chase stated these two fired shots out of the window near police headquarters. No gun was ever found in the car or anywhere along the chase route. It's believed that the car backfired.

Why the two ran is anyone's guess. It was a long pursuit that involved several police departments as well as the Highway Patrol.

I'm glad some disciplinary action was taken. That many shots is completely unnecessary. Yet another example of overkill involving out of control law enforcement.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
# 20 Is this not amerika?
Is baseball not amerika's favorite past time?

There is evidence that the male suspect was high on coke, and out of his mind on pot. No valid license either.
Also the car was possibly in need of a timing chain, valve job, or tune up. These are serious offenses. Then he tried to run. Clearly the man had 'something to hide'.

I think it's worth noting that when cops say 'get on the ground', now a daze, they are serious, no matter what they 'suspect' you of. This week I saw a businessman thrown to the ground after 16 seconds of a cop arriving on scene, because the cop didn't like his voice. The suspect was basically threatening to embarrass the hotel in which his room was being burgled, so down ya go. The cop didn't even give the command...referring to cop instinct instead. The other one...a homeless guy..shot point blank because he called a cop a bitch. Seventh graders don't get away with that against eighth graders, dontcha know.

Three years ago the writing was on the wall, imo. In Seattle, LEO Ian Birk fired at least 5 rounds at a John T.Williams, a deaf wood carver, because the cop saw a knife. He fired within a few seconds of his commands. No ambulance was called, according to witnesses. Their work was done. Now look at him. He's never been more alive.

open.salon.com...

East side, west side, there's nowhere to run. My goodness, this seems to be on purpose.

I avoid those who think summoning them is a good idea. This week, my point has been illustrated numerous times. I am, quite simply, in shock. Steroids and low intellectual ability seems to be the norm.

'I Like Cops!"

~Keyser Soze
edit on 3-8-2013 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2013 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
forget taking guns away from the public, the SHOULD be taking the guns away from the POLICE. police seem to be proving more and more they CAN'T BE TRUSTED WITH FIREARMS, not to mention that even at close quarters they are proving they can't hit what they aim at.

i guess we can now add another violation that it is ok to kill people over. "vehicular disrepair". better make sure your engine, and it's components are kept in top shape, or you too could suffer death from PANICKING, FRADEYCAT COPS, if it "backfires". god forbid you blow a tire. then the cops will shoot everything in sight to get that "terrorist" bomber.

joking aside this i don't even know how to put in words how disgusting this situation is. and NONE OF THEM HAS BEEN FIRED?
just more PAID VACATION TIME for them i guess. after all they don't seem to have any reason to be concerned at all when after a situation like this no one even GETS FIRED. god this is disgusting

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Justification: They officers followed official police policy.

This statement is used as the perfect, unbreakable, "that's how it is" justification for anything a policy enforcement officer does. And what an interesting statement it is.

There was a very big thing made at the Nazi trials following WW2 that debunked the idea that "following official policy" was justification for any action that was inhumane. The morality we try to live by states, "just because you can does not mean you should." And yet.......

In the policy enforcement world, because it is in the handbook there is no issue at all. The policy states if an officer feels threatened, no amount of force is unreasonable. Case closed.

Folks accept this. Remarkable how "it is policy" is fine. Curiously, if I stated it is my internal policy to hit public officials with a boston cream pie whenever I feel like it, can I?

Do you get it now? They hate you, the ones making the policy find you personally the vile scum that has to go, otherwise the policy system would not be an absolute, but it is and it is never in your favor. The man with the gun owns you, because policy says so, and for no other reason.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join