It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Arrested for Beating Child Rapist, Good Cop or Bad Cop?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
James Dipuma arrested, then beat Raymond Robinson who is accused of raping a young boy.
He then allowed one of the victim's family members to beat Robinson while he was in cuffs.
www.wwl.com...

19 year old Raymond Robinson

Anytime the subject of punishing pedophiles is mentioned, most people have very draconian views, on the other hand, we don't pay cops to dole out punishment. Personally I think letting the family member get in a few shots was a nice touch.

What do you think ATSers?

edit on 2-8-2013 by tanda7 because: punctuation

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
My two sense:
This cop is an idiot.

Now the town or state will get sued and this guy will probably walk. Tax payers will be stuck paying the bill for some cop playing Judge.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
... Raymond Robinson who is accused
Personally I think letting the family member get in a few shots was a nice touch.

And thats a slippery slope that no society should ever go down.
Beating up people *accused* of a crime? No way.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Cops don't get to decide guilt. That's why we have jury's "of our peers".
Even if some totally sick person is actually guilty of the most heinous crimes, cops still don't get to decide if one is guilty. There is zero wiggle room for this.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

... Raymond Robinson who is accused
Personally I think letting the family member get in a few shots was a nice touch.

And thats a slippery slope that no society should ever go down.
Beating up people *accused* of a crime? No way.

Yeah I agree with you, but for the record;

The sheriff says that 19-year old Raymond Robison (above) "was engaging in sexual acts with a juvenile" when a family member of the victim walked in a witnessed the rape of the little boy.
www.wwl.com...
If it had been my son getting raped...well, I don't know.
edit on 2-8-2013 by tanda7 because: clarity

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm surprised we don't hear more about cops letting victims and family members have 5 minutes alone with perps..

I know I would want that 5 minutes and would pay anything to get it.

So as far as I'm concerned.. Good cop... great cop

snf op

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by tanda7

Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Yep, and this is something that is being forgotten very quickly. The media, cops, "officials" etc have been deciding who is guilty and who isn't before the accused have their day in court so often that people have become conditioned to think this is how it's supposed to be. Not good times we are in.
edit on 2-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Cop shoots a dog, is covered by his partner and the department, no charges.

Cop beats up a rapist, the whole system comes down on him.

God, humanity disgusts me.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

Dogs don't get to present their case before a judge and jury. People do. That's the difference.

edit on 2-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The cop is reckless and foolish for allowing it.

That said, I applaud his behavior. I would have wanted to put a bullet in the pedo's head.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Bad cop, good human.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I know most parents of a child who was raped would like a good hour beat down in a privately locked room. This cop's emotions got the better of him and he made a poor choice. Having restraint should be a priority of all police officers, yet they're still human and still make mistakes. I agree, this cop's good intentions will end up being his down fall. He's sworn to uphold our constitutional rights of not guilty until proven guilty in a court of law. He simply crossed the line and probably will lose his job and cause the city a massive law suit. So in the end, the child rapist gets a monetary reward on his release from prison.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

My dad told me something him and his partner did back in the 70s as a Dallas cop. Some dude ran up on the curb and hit a lil girl on a tricycle and drug her a ways as he tried to leave the scene.
He said they caught him, took him to a secluded spot and beat him down pretty good, my dad was a good cop so...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Bad cop, Good person.

Edit: What Cuervo typed.
edit on 2-8-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

If it had been my son getting raped...well, I don't know.
Sure...but seeing the case get tossed on account of the beating doesn't help anything or anyone. Except the accused.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yeah we don't have cops to be judge,jury, and executioner.

Should have done his job, and let the state dish out 'justice'.

Not going to condemn the guy for what I would have done if it were my child.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Sometimes I find it hard to believe I'm reading comments from Americans.....................

This country has something called due process. A SUSPECT is presumed innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law. That includes alleged child rapists and alleged bombers.

This country is in real trouble when you have mobs of people ready to lynch a person before their right to a day in court. Trust me, even though most of these crimes are heinous and disgusting, you do not wan't a system that does not include due process.
edit on 2-8-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yeah we don't have cops to be judge,jury, and executioner.

Should have done his job, and let the state dish out 'justice'.

Not going to condemn the guy for what I would have done if it were my child.

I'm Neo on this one. Not the cops job to dole out justice. If I caught someone in the ACT of molesting a kid or was somehow 100% sure I can see breaking a bat on someone though.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
While I don’t really agree with what he did I CAN empathize with him for doing it.

In the past week I have seen at least three threads on cops overstepping two where they unjustly shot someone and none of those circumstances were the cops even fired definitely not arrested. With those cases the department covered up but not this one I just can’t reconcile that in my head.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join