It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groundbreaking Investigation Reveals Monsanto Teamed Up With US Military; Targets Scientists,

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Groundbreaking Investigation Reveals Monsanto Teamed Up With US Military;
Targeting Scientists. Campaigners and Activists

During investigations from the American Anti-Lobby Organisation Open Secrets Org
connections between Monsanto's management and Washington show that in the last
year alone 16 Monsanto lobbyists have taken up posts in the US Administration, with
some of them being of high rank in symbiotic relationships. Monsanto then has powerful
operational assistants in Washington, and influence over foreign relations, operating
to gain control over the world of agriculture.

Now, we learn that in concert with the aggressive push of GMO's, Researchers, Scientists,
and activists opposed to GMO are being targeted, hacked, and threatened.

A hard-hitting investigative report recently published by a prominent German newspaper has uncovered some shocking details about the tactics being used by chemical giant Monsanto in assuming control of global agriculture. According to this thorough analysis, Monsanto appears to be aggressively targeting independent researchers, scientists, activists, and others opposed to genetically-modified organisms (GMOs) by utilizing the vast resources and manpower of both the United States federal government and the American military-industrial complex.

The report, which recently appeared in the July 13 print edition of Suddeutsche Zeitung (SZ), explains in rigorous detail how both individuals and groups opposed to GMOs and other chemical-based crop technologies have been threatened, hacked, slandered and terrorized for daring to digress from the pro-GMO status quo. On numerous documented occasions, pertinent information about the dangers of GMOs or lack of GMO safety data has been effectively blocked from timely release by mysterious forces that many say are the chemical industry in disguise.

“A conspicuously large number of Monsanto critics report regular attacks by professional hackers,” explains an English-translated snippet from the SZ report. “There are (Monsanto) ties with the U.S. secret services, the U.S. military, with very hard operating private security companies and of course, with the U.S. government.”
Global Research

Blackwater, Total Intelligence Solutions, Former CIA Agents, Meetings in Switzerland;
all the sordid details or in the article. Its fairly long and indepth, much too much to go into
here in the OP.

Its a good read, spy intrique only GMO style.

The Sinister Monsanto Group: ‘Agent Orange’ to Genetically Modified Corn

Sustainable Pulse

A few excerpts from the Newspaper:

Military Visits Timed With Hacks

Evaluations of IP log files show that not only Monsanto visits the pages regularly, but also various organizations of the U.S. government, including the military. These include the Navy Network Information Center, the Federal Aviation Administration and the United States Army Intelligence Center, an institution of the US Army, which trains soldiers with information gathering. Monsanto’s interest in the studies is understandable, even for Carman. “But I do not understand why the U.S. government and the military are having me observed,” she says.

The organization GM Watch, whose Editor Claire Robinson reports continued hacker attacks
on the homepage since 2007.

“Every time we increase the page security just a bit, the opposite side increases their tenacity and following are new, worse attacks”, she says. She also cannot believe the coincidences that occur. When the French scientist Gilles Eric Seralini published a controversial study on the health risks of genetically modified maize and glyphosate in 2012, the web site of GM Watch was hacked and blocked.

The same attacks timed when the opinion of the European food inspectorate (EFSA) was added to the site. The timing was skilfully selected in both cases, with the cyber attacks hitting exactly when the editors wanted to publish their opinion.

Critically Timed Cyber Attacks

For its opponents, many of whom live in Europe, Monsanto is a sinister enemy. Time and again mysterious things happen, which make the enemy seem yet more sinister.

In the previous month, the European environmental organisation ‘Friends of the Earth’ and the German Environmental and Nature Protection Association (BUND) wanted to present a study on the pesticide glyphosate in the human body. Weed killers containing glyphosate are the big seller for Monsanto. ......However, there are studies which show that the product may damage plants and animals and the latest study shows that many large city inhabitants now have the field poison in their bodies, without knowing it. Exactly what the spray can trigger in an organism is, as with so many things in this field, disputed.

Two days before the study across 18 countries was set to be published, a virus disabled the computer of the main organiser, Adrian Bepp. There was a threat that press conferences in Vienna, Brussels and Berlin would be cancelled. “We panicked”, remembers Heike Moldenhauer from BUND. The environmental activists were under extreme time pressure.

Moldenhauer and her colleagues have widely speculated about the motives and identity of the mysterious attacker. The genetic engineering expert at BUND believes the unknown virus suppliers wanted in particular to “generate confusion”. Nothing is worse for a study than a cancelled press conference

US Military Tracks GMO Campaigners and Independent Scientists (English Exclusive)

sustainablepulse.com...

And all the while, we still ask Monsanto and other bio-tech giants; If they are so proud of what
they do, and their brands of GMO, why do they refuse to put a label on it!?

Additional documentation:
eatlocalgrown.com
edit on 2-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Monsanto is sketchy as f**k. Like a corporation that is deliberately killing souls of humanity. Such misery!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
And if they are so sure of themselves and couth about things why be corrupt about it? Sure, can understand campaigns in support when you have people against your company and or products. However, this kind of behavior is uncalled for Stasi action. Then again they are connected to the current admin, wouldn't put anything past them.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by survival

Its not pretty picture, is it?
More like Skulls and Crossbones...

Thought this would be a good place to post up this video:
Scientists under Attack - Genetic Engineering In The Magnetic Field of Money

Scientists Under Attack, 2009 - FULL Documentary on GMO and Free Speech.
vimeo.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
Then again they are connected to the current admin, wouldn't put anything past them.

Yes, here is a thread on ATS that has that Venn Diagram.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Indeed, this revelation with the many others, its over the top.
Its one thing for Monsanto to actively campaign in favor of GMO,
I can even imagine the intimidation, and the pain they say they
wanted to cause the UK. Not that they are justified, however when
you examine the corporate greed and corruption its understandbly
a tactic and obvious as to why.

On the other hand, it is not so obvious as to why these scientists
would be tracked, intimidated or hacked by the MIC. Unless that is
in exercising free speech against GE organisms they are now considered
worthy of suspicion. If thats the case, I am wondering is it now/soon going to
be crime to oppose GMO food?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I don't post much concerning Monsanto, GMOs, etc---but I am becoming terribly worried for our children and their children's futures. This company has the signs and symptoms of a stereotypical, world-dominating 'bad guy' you would see only in movies.
edit on 2-8-2013 by iamhobo because:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

I would agree, it is a concern that they will be left without a choice to be
free to eat non GMO food. And since when would it be a crime to want
GMO free corn flakes?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
When you think about it, this isn't really a surprise. Look what they did years ago to those Fox news reporters who tried to do the article on bovine growth hormone.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

Yes, they got canned, and threatened also. That too was a Monsanto dirty deed.

Sure seems like its still allowed to oppose GE only if one can risk one
will lose ones job, or career.

I think we need a protection from Monsanto Act.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I am sorry to say this , but someone has to , people of the USA , if you cannot stand against Monsanto how will you ever stand against the corrupt government that you are stuck with now and for the rest of your lives .

I feel sorry for you and for the rest of the world , for those people whome I'm one of them that imports a lot from the US.

God save us all

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Claims of cyberattacks by Monsanto. No evidence that the attacks occurred or if they did what the source was. Ok.

What else?

These show: Monsanto wanted to put up a fight. Against activists who destroyed the fields. Against critics, who influenced the mood against the genetic modification company.
They want to protect their property, interests, and employees. Awful.

According to their own statements, Monsanto was conducting business with TIS at the time and not with Blackwater. It is without doubt that Monsanto received reports from TIS about the activities of critics.
Well, yes. That's what they hired them for, investigating threats against the company.

The targets of these attacks are scientists, such as the Australian Judy Carman. Among other things, she has made a name for herself with studies of genetically modified plants. Her publications were questioned by the same professors which also attacked the the studies of other Monsanto critics.
Well yes, "attacking" bad science is a good thing to do. Her "studies" are not science.

Funny. There isn't anything new here or particularly revealing but there sure is a lot of arm waving.

sustainablepulse.com...
edit on 8/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Funny. There isn't anything new here or particularly revealing but there sure is a lot of arm waving.

Then why are you here waiving your arms about, oh my?
Whatever can we do now to appease you, eat GMO corn and like it?

And....this!? ----vvv---

Well yes, "attacking" bad science is a good thing to do. Her "studies" are not science.

You advocate imtimidation, cyberhacking "attacking" becasue you dont agree with someones
anti GMO stance?
OMG Phage go to work for them, you would be perfect!

Just because you like GMO corps, and support them, its not logical or reasonable
to stalk someone for that reason, you know?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
I don't post much concerning Monsanto, GMOs, etc---but I am becoming terribly worried for our children and their children's futures. This company has the signs and symptoms of a stereotypical, world-dominating 'bad guy' you would see only in movies.
edit on 2-8-2013 by iamhobo because:

If you look at all of the threats to the world and a country's sovereignty the corporation is one of the largest. Today, corporations are state-less power brokers who are attacking every country's government to build a corporate hegemony .......

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Then why are you here waiving your arms about, oh my?
Not arm waving. Just condensing the claims.

Whatever can we do now, eat GMO corn and like it?
That's up to you. You know that Monsanto is not the only company selling corn seed right? Do you think farmers are forced to buy it from them?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I read the source article first and it left me questioning where its sources were for the claims it made. I looked at the web site and it seemed OK then I checked its home page and read a few other articles seems mostly like US hate site but OK I wanted to see if they backed any of the other articles with proof and sadly the answer was no or half-truths.

Well I am still on the fence with this GMO debate but I am getting pretty discouraged with the side claiming how bad they are simply because they never seem to present anything of substance.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Its not a suprise you approve of attacking scientists that are anti GMO.
Nor is it a surpise you advocate the use of hacking or other unscrupulous tactics
while spouting half truths.

Unfortunately, there is no recording of the discussion between Vislack and Aigner. It was said to be controversial. A representative for the Federal Government described the tone: there were “huge efforts to force a change in direction of the German government regarding genetic policy.” The source preferred not to mention details the type of “huge efforts” and the attempt “to force” something. That is not appropriate between friends and partners.sustainablepulse.com...

You might as well face your uphill unpleasant battle of trying to force people to accept
GE food, and corrupt corporate agendas.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

You advocate imtimidation, cyberhacking "attacking" becasue you dont agree with someones
anti GMO stance?

Evaluations of IP log files show that not only Monsanto visits the pages regularly, but also various organizations of the U.S. government, including the military. These include the Navy Network Information Center, the Federal Aviation Administration and the United States Army Intelligence Center, an institution of the US Army, which trains soldiers with information gathering.

topinfopost.com...
Oh dear. They are visiting her website. You call that a cyberattack? I wonder if they ever "attack" ATS. From what we've been learning recently, there aren't many sites that the government doesn't "attack".

What intimidation?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I wonder if they ever "attack" ATS

Strawman much? Ok, back on ignore.
You plainly and are in quotes advocating "attacking" her.

The targets of these attacks are scientists, such as the Australian Judy Carman. Among other things, she has made a name for herself with studies of genetically modified plants. Her publications were questioned by the same professors which also attacked the the studies of other Monsanto critics.

And you are who? Her studies you may not agree with however SHE is a scientist.

Are you? Show me your research on how bad her "science" is.

Have you "attacked" her science before, or were you waiting until she made front
page for blowing the whistle?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

No I'm not. I'm talking about "attacking" her "science" (which is very bad science). I've attacked that myself.
But I don't understand how visiting her website constitutes an attack.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

No I'm not. Please reread what I wrote. I'm talking about "attacking" her "science" (which is very bad science). I've attacked that myself.
But I don't understand how visiting her website constitutes an attack, in quotation marks or otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join