It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla vs Thomas Edison

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I couldn't help but post this in the Science and Technology forum. My daughter showed this to me a while ago and the first people who came to mind were my fellow geeks at ATS. Please enjoy this epic rap battle!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
hahaha! brilliant xD

S+F

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Wow... I finally see how Thomas Edison beat Tesla, it was because Edison was a businessman while Tesla was a scientist. That makes total sense.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Oh. Wow. That was good.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Wow... I finally see how Thomas Edison beat Tesla, it was because Edison was a businessman while Tesla was a scientist. That makes total sense.

Obviously. Ubuntu is free, afterall. And we see how many users there are vs. MS and Apple.

BUt, it seems you get what you pay for. And user friendly interfaces are what make an OS. I would suspect the same can be said with Edison vs Tesla. Edison was willing to put together the entire package and sell it. While Tesla was just wanting to give ideas away.

People don't want free ideas. they want to pay for the whole package.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You're welcome!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

This statement is spot on. Tesla was much more brilliant than Edison could have ever wished to be. So what happened? In my opinion Tesla's story is one of failed capitalism, and the military industrial complex. His story shows some of what is wrong with American government.

Out of everything Tesla invented, we know of very little. The government came in after his death and literally scooped up all of his life's research. Among all Tesla's claims, I find his claim to have developed a system to unify physics with a theory of everything the most compelling. I have long suspected that through the illegal confiscation of works, not just from Tesla, the scientific research conducted by the government, which is rarely if ever shared with the mainstream scientific community, has been pushed to a cutting edge that is far ahead of academic science. There is some evidence, although maybe not a whole lot, to suggest that even some of the high-tech UFO's that are constantly being seen is a government project that has been going on since after WWII.

The government's first scientific breakthroughs after WWII came from the research of German scientists, geniuses like Schauberger, who claimed that UFO's were in fact developed based off of his work. He actually claimed to have designed the first flying saucer. IF his technology worked, it could very well have powered UFO's, or what we think of as UFO's today, saucer or cylindrical shaped craft that move in unconventional ways. And the government's scientific works do not stop at propulsion. There have been a plethora of projects that seem like run of the mill scientific pursuits, yet they are controlled by the department of defense. Nasa is even controlled by the military. ??? Why?

HAARP is actually controlled by the military as well. In fact, DARPA runs that facility. THAT should cause everyone to feel uneasy. And the technology that is being used there was originally discovered/invented by Tesla himself. Tesla was convinced that EM radiation could be used as a weapon, and he claimed to have worked out how to do it. This is what I believe the government was mainly interested in when they seized his life's work. Anyway, Tesla should be remembered much more than Edison in my opinion. Tesla was a humanitarian scientist, who wanted his discoveries to give the people things like free wireless electricity. It would have worked to. Think about what that would have meant for our society. Think of that being done today. Well, it would never be done, simply because the US is a capitalistic economy. Free is not in the vocabulary of anyone who is out to make money.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Edison was a shrewd business man who had a rudimentary understanding of principals of electricity, energy and of using a meter to tax its transmission to consumers.

Telsa was a scientific genius who invented most of the modern technology you see in use to day from power Generation, motors, radio communication,computer integrated logic circuits, remote controlled devices. He wanted to create a nodal system of free energy transmission towers around the earth but once Edison and JP morgan found out it could not be metered they sabotaged Telsas free energy project.

Edison a exploiter enemy of humanity
Tesla a champion of humanity.

edit on 1-8-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Tesla had it all over Edison who turned out to be a thief and a liar. "Tesla relied on moments of inspiration, perceiving the invention in his brain in precise detail before moving to the construction stage. Edison was a trial and error man who described invention as five percent inspiration and 95 percent perspiration"

Edison cheated Tesla out of his share of profit and promised money, claiming many of Tesla's invention/patents as his own. You can say that Edison was a better businessman but that's like comparing Donald Trump to Mahatma Gandhi. Sure they influence a lot of people and Trump's the better businessman but one is a Capitalist, and the other is for humankind. Who is the better man? Edison never understood AC. funny.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
If the spirit evil of Edison lives on then it has found a nice host in the form of Dick Cheney.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Very funny. S & F

Heisenberg Vs. Oppenheimer next....
edit on 1-8-2013 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Actually, Tesla would have been better described as an engineer. It was only the "mad scientist" description which led people to confuse/distort the issue,

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loveaduck

Tesla had it all over Edison who turned out to be a thief and a liar. "Tesla relied on moments of inspiration, perceiving the invention in his brain in precise detail before moving to the construction stage. Edison was a trial and error man who described invention as five percent inspiration and 95 percent perspiration"

Tesla was incredibly brilliant. The way he could imagine something in precise detail, and then put it together and have it work is a trait that's rare even among geniuses. The only two that I'm aware of who could do this routinely are Tesla and Mozart. Even other geniuses that are among the peak of humankind like Da Vinci and Einstein lacked this ability.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Edison was very good at applying science to develop products, and a smart person in his own right. Tesla was brilliant.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
S & F. Thanks for the treat!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
They say after Tesla's lab burnt down, he was able to re-record his ideas because of his photographic memory. I have wondered, if he was able to rewrite his life's work after the "incident", is it not possible he wrote down other copies of his ideas and hid them in secret locations for protection?

If I was an incredibly gifted genius, I think I would of created copies and stored the information in extremely safe places. Especially when my work was burnt to a crisp prior.

Sure the Government supposedly seized all his work, but is it not possible that his research, work, ideas, could be also hidden somewhere in America, just waiting to be stumbled upon years later.

Like I said earlier, if I was a super genius and wanted to provide the world with my life's work, I would of created an ingenious way to give the information to the people, one day. Perhaps a hidden time capsule?

Just an idea that popped in my head whilst reading the thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
In the competion to provide the public with power, Edisons D.C. and Teslas A.C.
Edison wanted to prove the dangers of A.C.

www.wired.com...

Killing must have turned Edison on thats why he invented the electric chair.
edit on 2-8-2013 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Edison made tinker toys compared to Tesla.
Edison was in business only due to the Illuminati.
When Edison power plants needed Tesla machinery they kicked Edison
out, too much debt for the Tesla stuff and Wall Street took over.

What the lumps on YouTube don't know is that Tesla's final equipment
is under immediate Illuminati control and those YouTube videos are
paying for the Tesla flying car we all should have but can only wonder
at videos and the alien talkers.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I put that on my Facebook page- twice. Love it!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Nothing more I HATE in history then this collaboration. Edison was a greedy evil bitch ran by the PTB that have been enslaving us FOREVER. Tesla was a genius with a good heart who would have changed this world for the better.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join