It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archived papers reveal Queen's 'World War Three' speech

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Oh lordy....its another here comes the American cavalry to save the day derailment, yes the Americans helped in WW2 and they got paid handsomely for it so back to our regularly scheduled program

It must of been chilling to have to write such a speech as you know the worlds basically going to end before you have time to finish saying it

You're right. It's a great find.

Just think how lucky we are that President Regan was able to find a resolution once again saving England and Europe from annihilation.

*walks away chanting USA.....USA.....USA....*

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by playernumber13

You're right. It's a great find.

Just think how lucky we are that President Regan was able to find a resolution once again saving England and Europe from annihilation.

Yeah a resolution to a problem the USA are equaly responsible with starting with Russia

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
What I find interesting about this latest release of information is that the British Task Force in the Falklands conflict were using very early 'Laser' weapons..designed to blind Argentine pilots.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

As for the American claim to have saved the day in WW2 then i suggest a little more time education themselves about history (without Hollywood intervention) might be in order.

Regards

PDUK
edit on 1-8-2013 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2013 by PurpleDog UK because: addition

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I'd like to thank our American cousins for their sacrifice during ww2 , without whom we would have been speaking German. They may have been late, but their numbers, support and financing ensured victory. It's not Hollywood fiction.

Back to the op. I wonder where this speech would have been delivered from. I'm pretty sure the Royal family would be sent to one of the commonwealth nations not at such risk of a direct hit as London. In WW2, plans were drawn up for them to move to Canada, if Hitler had overpowered the Allies and taken Britain.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

I'd like to thank our American cousins for their sacrifice during ww2 , without whom we would have been speaking German. They may have been late, but their numbers, support and financing ensured victory. It's not Hollywood fiction.

And they should be thanking us too for helping them. As without UK/Commonwealtth bases, men and ships they would never have made it into france .

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Back to the op. I wonder where this speech would have been delivered from. I'm pretty sure the Royal family would be sent to one of the commonwealth nations not at such risk of a direct hit as London. In WW2, plans were drawn up for them to move to Canada, if Hitler had overpowered the Allies and taken Britain.

Possibly the 'secret' BBC broadcasting center under Tunnel Hill near Evesham which was intended as a backup communication center should London fall. It's just up the road from me.

en.wikipedia.org...

Edit: btw the French and other Europeans may thank the Americans for helping the British and Commonwealth countries in liberating them from the Germans. But the British do not owe such thanks. As history shows. Though arguably things may have been different had it not been for the Russians (and stupid/arrogant German leadership)....

And going OT ..... I rather suspect that we needed the Americans to join the war not to help us liberate Europe, but to prevent the Japanese invasion of Australia.
edit on 1-8-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
reply to post by crazyewok

It really pisses me off when you American view the UK as some defencless island of cowards in world war 2 that needed saving like france. You are basicaly ignoreing the hundred of thousands of UK and its common wealth allies that fought and died along side your Americans. I find it offenisve to thier sacrifices. The USA DID NOT WIN world war II It fought alongside it allies for a joint victory. But some how most American cant seem to comprehend that

And it really pisses me off when you brits don't give credit where credit is due. You want to talk about how many brits died , at least they were defending their own nation

How many Americans died on the other side of the world defending your nation?

The North African Theater of WW II was closed without the aid of the Americans. Or don't they teach you about that in American schools?
North Africa is a fair distance from Blighty don't you know.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I suppose the question is could the USA of defeated all the axis powers on their own in lets say 1940 with Russia as a neutral country and most of the ex British empire countries under Nazi control or due to the fall of Britain stay neutral until conquered

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
I suppose the question is could the USA of defeated all the axis powers on their own in lets say 1940 with Russia as a neutral country and most of the ex British empire countries under Nazi control or due to the fall of Britain stay neutral until conquered

Which would be a resounding no.

The German and Japanese navy would have blocked them in the states and cut off trade to the outside would untill they cried uncle.

Without the UK there would have been no jumping off point to france. Britain acted like a giant aircraft carrier and stageing center. Also without the Royal navy (the biggest in the world at the start of the war) Allied navy power would have been more than halved.

I doubt Japan and Germany could have landed troops on US soil but they could have crashed the USA's economy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join