It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My philosophical theory: all things are true simultaneously

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BDBinc

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

To BE or not to BE. Have you ever not existed, if your answer is yes how do you know?

Does the seer appear to exist?

In this moment there is what is appearing. Colour is appearing, sound is appearing and thoughts and sensations are also of the appearance.
You are the seer and knower of the appearance - can the seer be seen? Does the seer appear to exist?

'The Atman or the innermost Self is the ultimate perceiver. If a perceiver for the Atman is sought, the inquiry will turn back into a regressus ad infinitum.'

The perceiver is what you are and the perceiver is empty. So if you look for what is looking you will find emptiness.
Empty perception sees what is appearing.
On finding that emptiness peace descends and the false self is lifted away.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

If a perceiver for the Atman is sought, the inquiry will turn back into a regressus ad infinitum.'

The 'Atman' is what is looking, it is what is seeing the appearance that is constantly changing. Only when it turns it's attention to itself will it see that it is the unchanging aspect that never appears to be seen.

"What we are looking for is what is looking."
St. Francis of Assisi.
edit on 4-8-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
This moment of presence is both changing and unchanging at the same time.
This moment of presence consists of the seen and the unseen at the same time.
This is existence and non existence at the same time.
This is always this but will constantly appear different.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

OP which way do fish swim ?
If you say forward that's the truth.
Fish do not swim backwards, so all things can't be simultaneously true.
But don't let me discourage you from wasting more of your life.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Aren't you clever!

Yes, and a red ball is red to everybody who looks at it; it's not green. I'm well aware of your stance.

This philosophical theory is a proponent of subjective truth. Bear in mind that not everybody sees colors in the same way (color-blind, or just plain blind.) Don't forget there are many transitions between colors; gradients, non-absolutes. How many times have you been asked or asked someone, "Does this look more blue or more green to you?"

...and there are transitions between motions as well (since your analogy is a swimming fish.)

My theory asks, "Is it possible that reality is malleable based on the observer? Is it possible that no one is wrong, just outnumbered (by more observers?)"

You don't have to agree with it. It's just some lateral thinking; a mental exercise.

How is thinking about something a waste of my life? Thanks for the putdown though. I'm sure that's a much more valuable use of time!

edit on 4-8-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
We have the universe, and its constituents. This would include individual perceptions. In that, these perspectives are an objective part of all that exists.

The perspectives themselves are a limited view of everything else. Its a lot like looking through a microscope to see across the street. That perception is made up of physical movements in the brain itself. While the interpretation of those brain waves may not be accurate due to limitations, they exist in the first place to be able to interpret.

The perceptions themselves, and what they are perceiving could be seen as true in this context. The interpretations may not accurately encompass the entirety of existence, but they are an integral part of existence itself.

If existing equals "true," then all things that exist are true simultaneously. The limitations do not speak to a "zero," but more to the boundaries of a given object (like the human mind).

This is the entire reason why I try to truly learn others perspectives, instead of trying to force them into adopting my own understanding. When we look through as many different lenses as possible, we start to get a clearer view of the "bigger" picture. By learning how each of our perspectives interprets the world, in accordance to that perspectives boundaries, we are able to see how diverse the universe itself can manifest even on one planet, in one solar system, in one galaxy amongst billions.

Its an amazing place, to be sure.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott

My theory is that all things can be true simultaneously. Not only can all things be true at the same time; they are!

My reality is that all things cannot be true simultaneously. Not only can all things be not true at the same time; they aren't !

And so all things must be untrue. There is truth. There is not truth. There is you. There is not you. This post exists. This post does not exist. This all makes sense. This all does not make sense. This must continue. This must stop.

Yeap I agree. Nope I disagree.

from the OP

We live in a reality governed by the semblance of duality.

OP,

Your theory is mine and mine yours.

Basically there is only one moment.

In that moment all exists.

sometimes we can remember that which has yet to happen, why?

Because its happening at the same time but the programming we have on us via dualistic concepts is what makes us think in a linear pattern.

We think there is a beginning and an end.

There is but all happens simultaneously.

Science and maths to prove like you I cannot, its based on experience and interpretation of such.

Physicists have said that when the theory to everything is discovered it should be quite simple and short.

I have always thought its the infinity symbol or the number 8 which represents the theory to everything.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

How is thinking about something a waste of my life? Thanks for the putdown though. I'm sure that's a much more valuable use of time!

Ah cmon now. I think you said something to the same effect yourself.. And now that you explain it that way. As a mental exercise. I take it back anyway. I mean nothing wrong with a little exercise right ?
Unless you give yourself an aneurysm. Or myself for that matter.

SnF

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join