It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True evil & the devil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Is there such a thing as a true evil one that perpetuates all other evil a spirt or force a devil.

And who is the devil really. Does he/she really exist.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Of course SHe exists.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Personally I think that the devil is just a creation of are society to in body all we decided is wrong and as an excuse when people do what�s wrong. �It not human nature to kill people it was the devil�

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
i'm piecing this together from what i have heard from Christians and Muslims, but here goes

Satan was an DJINN who, when god made man, refused to obey god and look out for man. so god cast him out from heaven and the devil went to hell. then satan put a challenge to God saying that he would steer man toward the evil path because unlike angels, man can distinguish between right and wrong

oh and by the way apparently God made man from clay and Djinn from fire, angels from the light of god, efreetis are made from the evil of satan (efreeti are the servants of the devil and they perpetrate the evil in the world)

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar
i'm piecing this together from what i have heard from Christians and Muslims, but here goes

Satan was an DJINN who, when god made man, refused to obey god and look out for man. so god cast him out from heaven and the devil went to hell. then satan put a challenge to God saying that he would steer man toward the evil path because unlike angels, man can distinguish between right and wrong

oh and by the way apparently God made man from clay and Djinn from fire, angels from the light of god, efreetis are made from the evil of satan (efreeti are the servants of the devil and they perpetrate the evil in the world)

Hey Daystar, do you have a link handy.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I've always thought of it this way (based on Christian writings)... Before man, there were angels, and they were God's favorites. Man came along, and were his new favorites. Some of the angels resented this, and spoke their minds about it to God. God basically said tough cookies. Lucifer then, along with other like-minded angels, led a revolt for the throne of God. He lost, and was then cast down, along with those who joined him.

As far as there being true evil? Absolutely. Look at some of the most notorious serial killers, and you'll see evil. Not for just the fact that they killed, but it's their mindset....that's where the true evil lies.

Is the Devil real? Not in my opinion...but only as an idea, as the embodiment of some of our darker inclinations....

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Unfortunately i cant post a link 29, this all thruogh just talking to people. makes for good conversation though, you will be surprised how closely linked islam and christianity are

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
As a child I was raised Baptist, and I later lived in Saudi Arabia....trust me, I've seen the similarities....

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I was talking more about the idea of a pure evil not a specific mythical context. The idea of a devil not The devil.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
"The high rests upon the low; The front follows the back. One can know beauty as beauty only because there is ugliness. One is blinded by a brilliant light as effectively as by darkness."

I think that a being like the devil could exist, I am sure there would be a being to counteract it as well. I am not a believer in God or Satan, but anything is possible...

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The concept of Satan, and evil are real. But threw the years the reality has been mutated into myth and fairy tales. Satans strongest weapon is his appearence of non-exsistance. How can one fight a myth?

His second greatest weapon is his ability to have his enemies fight themselves. His enemies being human beings. Sadistically clever, dont you think?

His third and most distructive weapon is his technology. Couple all these together and you can now see his plan.
Satan arms both sides with horrendious weapons, and sooner or later, with the right disinformation, you have war.

And in the least, it really dosnt matter if you belive Satan is real. But by God, you better belive there are people who do, and work for him!

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
hmmmmmm
The devil................very cunning and a quick worker......
Satan/devil is Evil so to speak ........he uses the ''free will'' of man and corupts what little good is left in man.......
I believe in the devil/satan...........and many of his demons...........

Islam and Christianity both have good attributes about what people should be, but both differ in exterme certain cases......Here's some good on both .....
one has a follower of Muhammed......
the other the teachings of Jesus Christ...........
Christianity teaches love your enemies and forgiveness ...........Jesus Christ through His Life on earth in the Flesh........
Islam teaches about Jesus Christ and His miraculous birth of Virgin Mary............and how God breathed His spirit for the conception that will save mankind......to bring back man's falling away from God.................

Angels were created before man.........
Angel Lucifer wants to be ''God''
and is thrown into a lower heaven''Earth''
Lucifer(angel of light) hates God for creating man.........becomes the Devil/Satan..........and many demons(angels) follow his lead..........
God created men,just as He created the angels ........only men were less perfect than the angels, and He gave them a small commandment.......not to eat of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.......

The devil is furious that man was created in Gods' image(Genesis 1:26)
and wants mankind to follow his way...........to hell......which was created for him and his demons.......
The devil works fast .........he enters a serpant......and succeeds in making Eve distrust God's commandment........you shalt not surely die!for God doth know that in the day ye eat therof, then your eyes shall be opened , and ye shall be as gods , knowing good and evil.(Gen 3 :1-6) he sais to Eve..........Man gave in to the temptation of the devil and violated the will of God ......they became ashamed and realized they were naked.....Their minds became darkened and their conscience tormented them.....
The Lord asks ......... Adam, where are you?
Adam answers......I heard you, and i was scared, because im naked., and i hid.....
God sais ...........who told you that you are naked?Have you eaten from the tree that you should not have???
Adam sais.........yeh....it was Eve........she gave me the fruit....Here Adam passes the blame to eve.....and even blames God for giving Eve to him.........
God.......eve what have you done?
Eve sais.........me! that serpant gave it to me ......(here eve puts blame on the serpant instead of accepting her fault......God was seeking Forgiveness on what Adam and Eve did........they violated the law........

And so, mans ''free will'' is again put to the test by God allowing us to accept our faults, and know them.........
The devil appears as an Angel of light to make us believe that we are ''good'' (sinless) to see rightousness, and by appearing as an angel of light , the devil makes us believe that we are something that we are not.......
Evil exists because we choose it over ''rightousness''(good)...........we accept the fact that doing wrong or harm to someone is not such a 'big deal'...............and we blame the next person whom we find fault with, instead of ourselves to blame..........it's much easier to blame the other person then to blame ourselves and find our own faults........

The devil exists , because he makes us believe that there is no law , there is no God ,there is only ''us''and blame the person is better then blaming satan............

The person is responsible for the crime commited........but it was a choice they had.........''Free Will'' and they chose to listen to ''bad'' instead of ''good''
Blaming others of the choice you make is all rubbish.......it was a choice you had..........even forcing someone to act upon is not someone else to blame..........it is your choice ''free will'' that allowed you to make that choice............

The devil is real and alive very much........he appears as an angel of light , or the the ugly demon he really is!!!

Evil exists because we allow it to........we give in to the temptation of the Devil.........

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
helen, just out of curiousity - how old are you?

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
nah, he isnt real, neithers god. he is in some peoples minds.... but theres no such thing in real life.

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The devil could be an ancient alien!?!?!

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
all evil is is in our heads. what may be evil to some may be good to another, look at al qaeda, they think it's good to blow themselves up, for us, it's not such a trendy idea. all i know is, if somethin is evil, or said to be, look at it from both sides of the toilet. cussin someone out may be fun between friends, but be considered bad by another. i think the whole needs to just freakin kick back an relax. there is no reason for good, nor evil. it's all in our heads man!

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by another_one
helen, just out of curiousity - how old are you?

Another- one ........ are you refering to the the above thread?
If so , my daughter (and I helped )write it in a simple way for any one to understand............(there are 12 yr olds in A.T.S. and it would make it easy for them to read and understand.....)

What does my age have to do with anything???

top topics

join