It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halo2 to make $100 million dollars on its first day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Originally posted by CNNmoney-
"I'm calling a $100 million day on 'Halo' today," Peter Moore, vice president of Microsoft's games division, said at a Harris Nesbitt investment conference Tuesday in New York.

How big is "Halo 2"? Gary Cooper, an analyst for Banc of America Securities, expects the game to sell upwards to 3.5 million copies by Dec. 31. In an October note to investors, Cooper said the release of "Halo 2" could be "the event of the year" -- despite the fact that "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" is likely to sell more total copies.

100 mil!?! on its first day?!? Geez I wish I was a programmer. Wasn't there a �100,000 fine in France for anyone who had an illegal copy of it? Heres the original link:How big is Halo2

[edit on 10/11/04 by Atomix]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I really wouldnt be surprised, do you know how long people who enjoyed Halo have waited for this game? You Americans are so lucky, you got it on Tuesday, us Brits have to wit till Nov 11

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'm not American and I never played Halo and I'm 13!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I played the first one.. It's pretty fun, but sometimes you travel long distances without shooting anything.

I think I'll wait for Quake IV to come out....

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I know this isn't the video games thread but eh.....ever played Fallout?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I could see the 100M mark being possible, its been a huge year for video games. We saw the release of Doom 3, GTA: San Andreas, now Halo 2, and Half-Life 2 is slated to be released probably in the next month or so.

From what I've seen of Halo 2 so far, it seems to be a huge improvement over the old one. I dare say with all the improvements squeezed out of consoles that we could be reaching the end of their abilities and will almost need the next gen systems to continue the upward trend in graphics, gameplay, and features.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I ended up gettint his game thurs and started playin it a bit that night. Really didnt start till fri morn. Played for a bit went to work and came home and its was beat by like 8 pm sat. Im dissapointed about the ending. Kinda left you unsatisfied. I dont know if there are alternate endings depeneding on your difficulty level. Just played it on Xbox live for the first time and thats pretty fun ony negative thing i can say about that is there are too many ppl on it. takes forever to find a game.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
In that first screenshot...is that the Cingular logo?

I know, I sound stupid, but...I wonder...

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The game was over hyped, it wasen't all it could be. More of a Halo 1.5 IMO.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wask
The game was over hyped, it wasen't all it could be. More of a Halo 1.5 IMO.

Did you read that post about the ending? Seems kind of disappionting. Then again, I don't own an X Box, so I wouldn't know. Apparently, there's some big patch or something planned for Feb. 9. But I didn't even see any commercials for Halo 2, something that strikes me as strange (really, not a single commercial!).

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I NEVER PLAYED HALO IN MY LIFE!!!! It just seemed like an interesting game and i wanted to know if it is. is it?

top topics

join