It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Flashes, Saving Private Ryan Style.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Okay, so I have a couple of things explain...

Firstly, I named the thread the way it is because if you have seen the movie, and remember the scene where they are walking through the night, and there are huge flashes of light in the background (gunfire & bombs), then you will know and understand what I am describing.

Secondly, if any of you have read my threads before, you will know I love roughly 13 miles West of a MOD base, that specifically tests weapons and dis-regards ammo for the military.

Okay, so there is a rough background... Now onto the good stuff! (PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD IF NEED BE MODS, BUT PLEASE READ ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE MOVING)

Okay, so tonight, me and a couple of friends were just hanging in my back garden. It is a perfectly clear night (Sighting happened an hour ago), and there is nothing in my local area that could justify the sightings. Anyways, at roughly 9 pm, we noticed there was a huge flash of light, that was silent, coming from the East (The direction of the MOD base), I pointed out that it could have come from there, but we pretty much forgot it and carried on with our chat. Roughly an hour later, there was another huge flash, this time, we all noticed it, and again I brought up the idea of what was going on at the MOD base....

We all expected a bang to come, assuming this was an explosion, but nothing... There was nothing

Half hour later, another flash... Then another, and another. The sky literally looked like we were in a war-zone. It was extremely impressive. But... What was it.

I am extremely confident that the MOD base was firing a weapon... But what weapon? What project is it from? As far as the public is concerned, the base is a firing range for ammo and weapons. The local community generally assumes the weapons are small bombs etc, no biggies. But nobody really knows.

What project is going on over there? And why fire it during the night when everyone would notice?

What I thought was interesting was the lack of sound, but huge amount of light.

I thought it would be cool to tell you guys about it. Again, I am certain this came from the base, thus making it a military project... But what the hell is the UK MOD up to.

Its work pointing out that the base is also contracted by QINETIQ. A weapons and defence contractor for the MOD.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by brace22

revealing the name of the establishment would help people to make usefull replies

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm intrigued. Something like this happened at my home last year. I have black out curtains in the bedroom and I woke up to seeing flashes of light through the crack between the window and the curtain. Curious, I opened the curtains and saw what I thought at first to be lightning.

Well... there was about a 2-3 second break between flashes. They lit up my whole yard. They were constant in the timing and it went on for at east an hour. I waited for thunder, rain, nothing. It made my skin crawl, there was no noise associated with the incident whatsoever.

Strange things.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by brace22

there have been a spate of electrical storms in the UK recently - lightning can [ in certain circumstances be seen from 10s of miles away [ and reflect off / illuminate the intervening cloud base ]

also the obvious answer - as you are seing this 13 miles away - what magnitude do you think these " flashes " have 1km from the establishment perimeter ? [ hint - inverse square rule applies ( amongst others ) ]

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
We used to see heat lightning like that all the time when I lived in Hawaii. Lots of flashes, no sound to go with it.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
We used to see heat lightning like that all the time when I lived in Hawaii. Lots of flashes, no sound to go with it.

This is what I was thinking. Did it resemble anything like this video?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by brace22

Alien and human fire fight at the base mabey?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepVisions

It was more orange than that video, but yeah, it looked a lot like that.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The base is MOD Shoeburyness... Hope that helps.

It may possibly of been that heat lightning discussed in this thread. I want to say it is most likely that.

But, it was a clear night last night....

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by brace22

It's done that in Hawaii too. It'll be clear in one area, and some clouds you can't really see well in another, lighting up like a war zone. We used to always call my father when he was at work (about two miles or so as the crow flies) away from the house, and at one location it was driving down rain so hard you couldn't see across the street, and at the other the sun was blazing away, without a drop of rain.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Hmmmmm

Maybe we just actually debunked something :O

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by brace22
The base is MOD Shoeburyness... Hope that helps.

It may possibly of been that heat lightning discussed in this thread. I want to say it is most likely that.

But, it was a clear night last night....

Holy smokes! When I read your OP and you mention you lived near an MOD test firing weapons site I automatically thought .. Hmm could be shoeburyness. Well to give my rough location and brace22 you'll know where I am once I say ... Follow the a13 London bound and when you get past canvey island there is a big Tesco store. I'm sitting there right now on my lunch break and I live in the surrounding area. So glad I've found someone on ATS near by

I can confirm we haven't had any thunderstorms in this area since Tuesday last week I think. As been hot and humid though.

Hmm so brace you are west of shoeburyness .. You could be close to me

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Just read one of your old posts brace .. Now I know where you live *evil laugh* I'm just a stones throw away

Editted at 20:36 ... If you see flashes now its more likely the lightning lol
edit on 27-7-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text .. Work is boring

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Yep I know exactly where your talking about. Its probably safer to say I live in the Castle Point area rather than any more specific hahahahaha

And thank you for backing me up on the weather!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Oh no. I shall barricade myself in my home! hahaha

Yep was just sitting round a friends house in a gazebo watching it!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I tend to sit on basildon golf course some evenings to see if I can spot things out the ordinary, you may of noticed too southend airport is alot busier than normal now strange noises or lights might be due to that. Anyway nice knowing someone is round the corner though .. Just don't go shop lifting as we may end up crossing paths lol

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Yeah Southend is much busier now, however, as it's become a natural part of our lives all those planes, it's much easier to determine what is a plane and what isn't.

Haha nope no shop lifting for me. Got better things to do like work.

new topics

top topics

join