It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Tries, But Fails, To Delay ACLU Lawsuit Over NSA Spying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Lots of activity lately over the NSA's programs. This one (like a few others) has been held down by the govt but is now emerging into the public eye.

The Justice Department desperately tried to delay the ACLU's recently filed lawsuit over the NSA's surveillance efforts. The DOJ claimed that, since the intelligence agencies have been working to declassify info on those programs, any lawsuit should wait until those decisions are made. Thankfully, however, Judge William Pauley recognized that justice delayed is justice denied and rejected that argument. The case will move forward with motions filed by the end of August and the case to begin by November.

SOURCE

If someone can provide something more detailed on this it would help. On my break and running late!!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'm trying to find a list of the house members that voted against considering defunding the NSA on this. I would love to post the list so everyone knows who NOT to vote for and/or who to VOTE AGAINST. If anyone can point me in the right direction, or post it here...I'd appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

you think "not voting" for them is really going to keep them out of office?

rofl

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkingRelentlessly

don't take the wind out of his sails .. he still believes paper votes count hahahahahaa

we all know the money vote is what really counts..

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

The list you are looking for can be found HERE

Disregard the snickering comments below. There is a rising tide of anger over all this. Attitudes like theirs are part of the problem, not the solution.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkingRelentlessly

If enoug people give up, like you seem to have, then no. If the american people can pull themselves away from mind numbing TV and become aware of whats really going on then there can be change for the better.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by votan

If thats how you feel and you truly are against the NSA stripping you and your loved ones of their rights, then put your money where your mouth is and contribute money to the list of people fighting for you. Sitting back deriding others in their hopes to change things is pretty counterproductive IMO

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Don't you find it interesting that Above Top Secret is now partnering with Facebook? You see how they are trying to get users of this site to connect with them on facebook?

Facebook is part of it, the whole internet- government complex contriving to work together to amass information on the citizenry. All the big boys on the internet are part of it; Yahoo, Google, Facebook, Youtube, etc. Everyone knows it even if they deny it. And ATS is supposedly the contrarian site, a place for the resisters to go. What crap!! It supports what I've contended for a long time, that they deliberately allow some free speech on the internet by design to act as a pressure release valve so people with opposing sentiments can vent and connect with like minded people and get it off their chest so they are less likely to actually go out into the world and DO something about the things that bother them.

edit on 27-7-2013 by Hillarie because: I made a mistake the first time.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Already posted>

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the ongoing.

~Tenth

top topics

join