It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Tanks at anti-war protest in LA, November 9, 2004

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
And why are tanks patrolling our streets? If a crowd gets out of hand, it's the police's job to take care of it.

Haven't seen the vid. Is it a police tank or an acutal military tank?

rami arna
Yep its the begining

Don't you mean 'yep, its the begining, er, again, for the fourth time'? Every time somethingfishy happens people says 'its the beginging of totalitarian rule' and put a bunch of angry faces afterwards. Doesn't demonstrate that it is. The police have and use armoured vehicle. They're big. They're scary. You tend to get out of their way. Its similiar to why they use horses for crowd control. They're big, and kind of scary. If you want a crowd to dispurse, you trundle a tank to it.

bryan krupta
should be roaming LA

They were guarding a federal building. Not roaming thru the city. And crowd of people not permited to protest that doesn't dispurse when ordered to do so by the authorities is not 'subdued'. No one has the legal right to do this, thats why people get arrested for doing this.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I believe that military tanks are not allowed in crowded streets but national guard tanks can be used in our streets in case of a emergency.

I am just speculating here.

Perhaps a military memeber has more information. I will ask my husband when he gets home today.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
There has been a "security" deployment of guard units over the last few weeks. Some vehicles got caught trying to get back to base. Happened in Houston also, cop pulled them over to see what was up. TV station caught it all. Wasn't federal deployment (state guards).

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The only thing in this video that is easily identifiable is the group of idiots disturbing the peace and obstructing traffic.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The only way that they would be able to aid is if Martial Law had been declared. Also, I have seen numerous Vehicles in my Lifetime on the streets in Philly, but they were Just Moving to different Armories, do we have proof that they were sent out in regards to this protest?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Interesting regarding the NG Strykers in Pennsylvania. Make's you wonder whether they were NG or Army. If not Strykers then what kind of vehicle? I dont think it could be anything other than Stykers, which look a bit like small, wheeled BMPs.

Edit: Does anyone have any sightings of military positions/patrols in the streets around their area? Have you noticed more of a military presence at times?

[edit on 10-11-2004 by cargo]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Ok my husband looked at the picture and he said that if it has wheels then it can go on the street a tank has tracks and is not for the road.

As for the reason to be there it may have been the police called on them.

Now they police has them also but they are black.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I wondered why the quality of my roads had declined since 2000. Massive grooves on streets, highways. Very upsetting. Wonder if I can submit a maintenance quote to the DoD for untimely tire wear, alignment, and suspension issues.

These are the real questions we should be asking ourselves.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Just for "kix"
....yes they were MBT (tanks to you civies) in China.

And I havent seen any ...Tanks LAVs or otherwise.... deliberately running down protesters on masse in LA on the news.

Hello........the military has always been involved in this sort of security at swearing ins since.....before JFK? Lincoln?Washington?.......its just most people seem to have been too apathetic to notice it before...like any thing else to do with defence, the military, or security. Thats why you were such easy marks for WTC1, Oaklahoma and 9/11.....It was just there, routine, in the background. Now everyone is just more aware of it, alerted to it, and in a few cases afraid. Its not a job anymore. It's important.

But the conspiracists and the cynics will never see it as working for them.

Call the Pentagon boys and girls, call off all the military involved in the security.......Just so long as you want to risk seeing a massacre at the inaugeration.....except it probably will not be on the podium or in the money and influence section of the crowd. More likely it will be where the Washington school kids have been bused into watch, or the service families,or the general citizenry up the back.

Three words...."Get a Grip"

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hi Marge6043,

Say Hi to your husband for me (ex USMC right?) always liked those blokes, even the gung-ho ones.

They definately looked like USMC LAVs.......like our ASLAVs and Ive seen them afew times when we've exercised with your boys here in Australia, and they still get in the news here when they come for BIG joint exercises.

I also thought they could be LAPD ("but 25mm for Crack Houses" I thought) as we sometimes see your law enforcement boys wearing cammos on the news sometimes.

Then I noticed what looked like Greek Alphabet symbols on the stern ramps of the LAVs as they drove off.......those are field designators Iv'e seen stencilled on US vehicles before.

Cheers.

Cargo...about the Styker ID. I thinkn theres a whole family of AFVs based on that chassis (I think the LAVs were originally a Canadian design) for four, six and eight wheelers, but Iv'e been close enough to ASLAVs to be sure about this....Although those LAVs were pretty clean skin.

Wait a minute.....How busy are LA streets in daytime?....If those boys were local they were probably doing road driving training at night when it was quiet, or shifting depots....there'd be no reason to load them with thier bits and peices (tarps, field gear and other crap) on the outside for a city road trip.

We almost always scheduled our departures for bush camps for after dark and after peak hour traffic so we could travel in convoy...six seven hours in the back of a cold dark truck, sleeping as best we could......or just driving over to one of the other depots for special training.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join