It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Tanks at anti-war protest in LA, November 9, 2004

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
QuickTime movie at 6.8 mb
la.indymedia.org...

LOS ANGELES, November 9, 2004 - At 7:50 PM two armored tanks showed up at an anti-war protest in front of the federal building in Westwood. The tanks circled the block twice, the second time parking themselves in the street and directly in front of the area where most of the protesters were gathered. Enraged, some of the people attempted to block the tanks, but police quickly cleared the street. The people continued to protest the presence of the tanks, but about ten minutes the tanks drove off.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
That would have made for a more interesting video.

As it is, the body count on that one is way too low.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   
wtf...they were chanting that "bring the troops home now" to the soldiers...that made no sense at all...again wtf?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
And why are tanks patrolling our streets? If a crowd gets out of hand, it's the police's job to take care of it.

Military on the streets, and dealing with civilians in their own country is one of the key signs of an oppressive government in the making.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Yep its the begining.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Where in LA was this? Was it near a base or depot?

First I thought it was going to turn out to be one of the LAPD AVs...like the ones they use for breaking down crack houses in the news.

BTW...they were not tanks. they were Light Armoured Vehicles...troop carriers and Recon vehicles.....they looked like USMC LAVs ....The Australian Army uses a newer version of them. Believe me if they were tanks you would know......about 50 tons difference.

Did anybody bother to ask what they were doing there?

Was it an authorised presence or just some LAV crews curious or peeved.
I also noted they were waiting at the lights and drove off within a couple of minutes when they changed.

Maybe they were as po'd at the protesters presence as the protesters were of thiers. Certainly standing in front of them and blocking them from driving off (not to mention the abuse they were copping....it didnt sound like they were being wished a goodnight) wouldnt have endeared them.

Our Army AFVs ...the light stuff, sometimes do runs around the bases for training purposes....just crew road training. You also quite often see the local units driving thier wheeled stuff coming back from training in the bush, its less costly if they are going to near ranges.

I also don't know if this is the norm now in the US with your security alerts.

Oh well, yet another "victory" for the forces of protest and liberty.

Wouldnt it be funny, being La-La land if they were hired from "rent a movie tank" to spice up the protest. They seemed a bit light on for service vehicles. Actually, no I think they were service vehicles between places.....but if you want to think you worry the authorities that much you go right ahead.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Get used to it, it's called Homeland Security

It's part of the Patriot Act.

If you act like a Patriot (protesting government, wanting your voice heard, expressing opinions other than the gov), they will Act!!!

kix

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Those Tanks at Tiananmen Square were not tanks, they were Chinesse cars disguised for the new year parade!!!

2 words: Patriot Act

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
3 words: you are screwed

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattMarriott
QuickTime movie at 6.8 mb
la.indymedia.org...

LOS ANGELES, November 9, 2004 - At 7:50 PM two armored tanks showed up at an anti-war protest in front of the federal building in Westwood. The tanks circled the block twice, the second time parking themselves in the street and directly in front of the area where most of the protesters were gathered. Enraged, some of the people attempted to block the tanks, but police quickly cleared the street. The people continued to protest the presence of the tanks, but about ten minutes the tanks drove off.

Im not sure why the two what (braldy's is that what they are called) should be roaming LA either were their any concerns of the protest getting out of hand......I looked rather subdue to me... why deploy these vehicles

Has anyone from LA heard more like maybe a terror alert status raised in LA area to the point this was warrented or was it a anti war simpythizer driving the tanks on their way to the load point to be shipped out or maybe just simple crowd control.....

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I gotta get out of the Politics & WOT forums more...or bother to search.

In my thread (closed) I identified them as Strykers , armoured 8 wheeled vehicles. I have a friend in Texas who says you can see Mil Humvees positioned at intersections sometimes. It seems that there is a gradual build up of troop presence on the streets of America. I'd be interested to find out how wide spread it is.

Also a lot of reports of low flying Blackhawks, but that is more wide spread than boots on street corners.

edit: for pic

[edit on 10-11-2004 by cargo]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Look at the soldiers, helmet and armour on thesoldier in the picture people, It is Master Chief from HALO 2. It was released Tuesday. This is sooooo funny. The coming of the NWO. Some of you posters need t get a grip....

[edit on 10-11-2004 by esdad71]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
I identified them as Strykers , armoured 8 wheeled vehicles.

Obviously now you know why I went Navy I cant tell one armored vehicle from another, heck some people cant tell the difference from the capatains launch and a rescue boat from the titanic unless they see the brass on board.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Welcome to the new Theocratic Facist Bush Regime. I think there is a very dark and insidious reason Bush is bringing the troops deployed world wide back home, and it isn't to redeploy them elsewhere. This is a small taste of what is just under the surface. Obviously what happened is a far cry from Tijanamen Square, but I think it's safe to assume we will be seeing more of this as folks begin to realize the truth and speak out. You can't lie to 240 million americans and get away with it for long, they know that, and I wonder now if when Bush said it was time to heal, if he didn't mean HEEL. The patriot act's broad legal definitions have made dissention a crime, by speaking against the policies of the regime, they are guilty of terrorism. Perhaps this was a deliberate provocation, or a clear message to americans, nonetheless, it is a wake up call. Is regime too strong a word? What other form of government uses military enforcement of civil law?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Er, I believe it's illegal for the US Military to aid in domestic law enforcement unless directly instructed by the governor of a state.

The line between "homeland security" and "coup d'etat" grows increasingly fuzzy.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Follow up...

Title 18 US Code, PART I, Chapter 67,
1385, The Posse Comitatus Act
1385. Use of Army and Air Force as posse comitatus

Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined not more than $10,000 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

I looked around and did some checking and that Stryker is Army, not National Guard. The only NG Unit with Strykers is located in Pennsylvania.

"They are part of a more than 3,000-member Stryker Brigade, a combat team the National Guard activated yesterday during a ceremony in the drizzling rain. The Stryker Brigade is one of six in the Army and the only National Guard team."
Link

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I totally cannot remember where I heard this, but I did hear that there are supposedly 4000 troops getting set up for "security" at the inauguration.

Does anyone have more info on this? I'll keep digging til I find it, maybe it was National Guard and not other military, though I think Nat Guard is military enough for me if used against me when I exercise my rights

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saerlaith
I totally cannot remember where I heard this, but I did hear that there are supposedly 4000 troops getting set up for "security" at the inauguration.

Does anyone have more info on this? I'll keep digging til I find it, maybe it was National Guard and not other military, though I think Nat Guard is military enough for me if used against me when I exercise my rights

--Saerlaith

Yeah, It's a combat brigade to be used to "protect" El Presidente and his cohorts.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
www.dod.mil...

www.washingtondispatch.com...

Just randomly googled links to "4000 troops at inauguration"

Dayum!! That's scary, even if technically we are at war and the whole terrorist threat thang, I prefer to live by the constitution, not the freakin partiot act. Once that starts getting called into play, where will it stop?

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I hope you are all ready for the next 11 Yrs

It doens't get better than it is RIGHT NOW!

Live your life like your dying tomorrow

Read your Titor!

It has Begun !

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join