It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange object hits wind turbine 2009.Similar object photographed 5000 miles away July 2013.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by canDarian

For the record I use a EOS 5D Mark 3 with numerous lenses 500mm TPL and Macro lenses

What's a TPL?

Amazing how you have tens of thousands to spend but the basics of depth of field escape you.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

This argument is getting reciprocal,on one hand you agree there isn't enough data available whilst simultaneously pushing your idea that it's definitively in the foreground.I have shown how DOF can be locked on the iPhone with a stock phone with no apps,there are no wings present and there is definitely enough resolution for that object to show wings if they were actually present.

IT CANT BE LOCKED if the object is close depth of field is shallow THE pictures was focused on the person not at something a few inches away.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

On the last page the specs posted said out of focus within 2.6 feet.

Edit; well 2 pages back now.
edit on 27-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by fatdeeman

After 2 and a half feet it would be in focus and if it were within a few inches it is going to be bigger. I don't see how no one else can tell the proportions are off to claim it's a bug.

You realise bugs can be anywhere from a foot to microscopic? Even assuming it is a bug and not some kind of airborne debris.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdeeman

I said bug, really I've been arguing against the claim it's a wasp or anything similar in size.. but I would also bet there aren't too many foot long bugs where they were at.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I say it looks to be in the distance behind him. And it's probably big.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I take many pics and have looked through quite a few with background/foreground objects, it certainly doesn't seem like a bug near the guy.
My money is a Robotic Reaper straight out of Mass Effect or maybe it's a Boglodite ship from men in black 3? Cool anyways.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatdeeman

For the record I use a EOS 5D Mark 3 with numerous lenses 500mm TPL and Macro lenses

What's a TPL?

Amazing how you have tens of thousands to spend but the basics of depth of field escape you.

I have stated the mechanics of DOF too many times in this thread,there are so many variables involved in it that it's laughable to state definitively what something is without knowing the settings,but that's fine.

So because I work as a Photographer and have money to spend on equipment for my trade that's what? somehow a bad thing,because that comment came off as asinine to say the least.Or is it because you apparently don't like my responses to the locking of DOF on the iPhone.

As for TPL I was referring to my EF 500mm f/4 L IS II USM Telephoto Lens

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

What's a TPL?

I have stated the mechanics of DOF too many times in this thread,there are so many variables involved in it that it's laughable to state definitively what something is without knowing the settings,but that's fine.

So because I work as a Photographer and have money to spend on equipment for my trade that's what? somehow a bad thing,because that comment came off as asinine to say the least.Or is it because you apparently don't like my responses to the locking of DOF on the iPhone.

There are really not that many variables involved, focus distance, sensor size and lens aperture.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

What's a TPL?

There are really not that many variables involved, focus distance, sensor size and lens aperture.

This is my last post on this lol,the variables involved are substantial saying otherwise is just mind boggling.

Here is a post I used many years ago for DOF formulas.

Depth of Field

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'm going to point out right now canDarian that when you begin lying you no longer have any point to make, you know you're wrong and now you're lying to try and back up your claims.

You do not care about the truth, you just want to "win" and not admit you are wrong. Imagine if people took this dishonest attitude in all walks of life, any point you were trying to make was lost completely when you began being dishonest.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I'm going to point out right now canDarian that when you begin lying you no longer have any point to make, you know you're wrong and now you're lying to try and back up your claims.

You do not care about the truth, you just want to "win" and not admit you are wrong. Imagine if people took this dishonest attitude in all walks of life, any point you were trying to make was lost completely when you began being dishonest.

I have no point to make,you just made it for me.You come in here post after post and had your posts rebuffed and now your calling me a liar.
You Sir have lost what little credibility you had with me.

End Communication....

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

WE know the settings the iphone 4 which was used to take the picture has an aperture of f2.8 FIXED cant be changed the focal length of the lens is 3.85mm we know he was taking the picture of the person who would be about 9ft or so away.

The iphone 4 lens is equivalent to a 29.4mm lens at f/21.4.

Here is a link to the Dof Caculator

LOOK at the variables required to do a calculation.

Camera type , focal length, aperture (f-stop) distance focused so many eh

that calc shows a 30mm lens at f22 look at depth of field.

Seriously you need to brush up on digital imaging!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I have no point to make,you just made it for me.You come in here post after post and had your posts rebuffed and now your calling me a liar.
You Sir have lost what little credibility you had with me.

End Communication....

End communication?

Getting a bit nervous are we?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I know you're a liar canDarian

Are you going to keep pushing?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yes hilarious,and of those settings how many variations is there.The fact that you keep insisting that the iPhones DOF can't be locked is getting annoying to say the least

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

WE know the settings the iphone 4 which was used to take the picture has an aperture of f2.8 FIXED cant be changed the focal length of the lens is 3.85mm we know he was taking the picture of the person who would be about 9ft or so away.

The iphone 4 lens is equivalent to a 29.4mm lens at f/21.4.

Here is a link to the Dof Caculator

LOOK at the variables required to do a calculation.

Camera type , focal length, aperture (f-stop) distance focused so many eh

that calc shows a 30mm lens at f22 look at depth of field.

Seriously you need to brush up on digital imaging!!!

It's become obvious to me now that what they mean is you can lock the focus. Someone with such limited knowledge yet they have a photography based career that enables them to buy $10,000 lenses?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Yes hilarious,and of those settings how many variations is there.The fact that you keep insisting that the iPhones DOF can't be locked is getting annoying to say the least

And so is the fact that "locking DOF" is a non term.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
From another thread:

Ticks me off cause I don't use a cell phone never will after that dam video I saw

edit on 27-7-2013 by fatdeeman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Taken at 3 feet iPhone 5

Some size of chainlink if taken at three feet if it's YOUR picture post exif if it is not your picture post link to source.

Found it

In my photo below, I was actually trying to focus on the CN Tower in the background but accidentally locked focus on the fence which resulted in the slightly blurred background. I thought I messed up my shot, but looking at it more closely when I got home, I realized it actually looks kind of cool.

Not from three feet

ON an iphone 3Gs

Someone not being truthful on here

edit on 27-7-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join