It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Close Encounters' UFO Filmed From Plane Over Chiba, Japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Didn't see this in search. If it's a duplicate, mods please do your thing.

Source

A UFO, looking amazingly like the mothership from "Close Encounters" was filmed from a private plane flying over the town of Chiba, Japan. The unidentified flying object appears about a minute into the video below, posted to YouTube, and, at first is too far away to make out with any great clarity.

But, as the witness zooms in, the UFO comes into focus and reveals some unusual detail. It appears to be circular, with blinking lights running all around its hull. Its similarity to the classic image of the ship from the Spielberg movie is undeniable and, although the occupants are speaking Japanese, it's obvious they are looking at something they have never seen before.

The video is several minutes long, with the second segment given over to some unfortunate musical overdubbing. But the enhanced, slow-motion version, with the image enlarged, proves this is no ordinary aircraft. So, what is it? Here's the video:

edit on 25-7-2013 by Gu1tarJohn because: Fixed Video Link

Thought y'all would find this interesting. It's awfully shaky when they zoom, and they just had to put the X-Files theme in the 2nd part, but it's still interesting. If it were steadier, it would be easier to tell if it was a line of flares, a formation of aircraft, etc. I'm not sure what to think.

Your thoughts, ATS?
edit on 25-7-2013 by Gu1tarJohn because: Bacon

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yeah use of the X files theme is a bit Hmmmm .
It appears to me to be something on the ground or a hill , not sure Motherships land

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
haha that's burning on the ground, looks like farmers burning the fields like we do here in the south

course we douse a tire in diesel, drag it behind a tractor after we dig a fire break for field burnoffs

looks exactly like that

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
never could figure out why UFO builders are so intent on putting lights everywhere.
whats the point really?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
my guess is it simply is the reflexion of the sun on a glass building/structure through the low clouds. It really seems it is at ground level. the orientation of glass or reflective material (can also be aluminium fror example) is directed towards camera.
Simplest explaination often the best...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You know, after further review, I think it probably is something on the ground, like some of you were saying. It was hard to make out through the haze/cloud, but if it were airborne it would BARELY be. A line of fires or reflections is seeming much more likely.

edit on 25-7-2013 by Gu1tarJohn because: ETA

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I find it interesting that he seemed to have convulsions while filming this object, yet he gets everything else with a steady hand....

I don't know the sushi is smelling a little fishy here...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The cam is too shaky and there's a bit much haze to say that whatever was spotted is actually in the sky.

I'd say stadium lights. And given that they're in a long line, likely over the grandstands at racetrack. (From what I understand both horse and automotive racing is popular over there.) Or it could be some outdoor venue ampitheatre.

But you'd have to know where they're flying to be certain.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
seriously we now have obviously a fire burning on the ground being maybe seen as a ufo?

knew things were getting ridiculous but this seriously takes the biscuit.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
That could well be the airport runway,just saying.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I just tried viewing the youtube video provided but it seems the uploader has switched it to private.

Any other copies out there?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Unable to view the video.
Any other links?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Gu1tarJohn

Video link is junk.

I'd suggest a different video...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Yes, YT link not working.

I tried looking through YT and Dailymotion.com and couldn't find any videos on this topic.

Could be a hoax already.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Well, that's pretty lame. It was viewable yesterday, but now, like has been stated, it's private.
I will look around for more links.

Sorry, that was beyond my control.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well, the other stories I found all point to the same vid, which is now private. All aboard the failmobile.

Here are pics from the vid:

Never had a thread get killed before. LAME

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gu1tarJohn
Well, that's pretty lame. It was viewable yesterday, but now, like has been stated, it's private.
I will look around for more links.

Sorry, that was beyond my control.

That's why you download these rare YT videos before they are taken down! :Lesson learned little grasshopper

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Hope not. I don't want to be posting B.S.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I appreciate the effort.

Lots of folks seem to be bone-marrow addicted to trashing any and every UFO video . . . shredding it into oblivion regardless of whatever merit may or may not have been there initially.

I think it's a psychological/sociological phenomenon.

I don't know of a solution.

I think ATS mgmt. has improved things . . . the trashing is more civil than they used to be.

Nevertheless, the compulsive trashers seem to get their jollies trashing UFO vids.

I'm all for reasonable critique . . . who wants to believe in a hoax or nonsense.

However, it seems like many folks do chronic back flips trashing such videos compulsively, AUTOMATICALLY, regardless of how good or poor the video is. . . . as though their life and breath and orgasms depended on the relentlessness of their trashing of UFO vids.

imho . . . my layman's perspective, I think your UFO video is well above average. It's interesting to ponder.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

I appreciate the effort.

Lots of folks seem to be bone-marrow addicted to trashing any and every UFO video . . . shredding it into oblivion regardless of whatever merit may or may not have been there initially.

I think it's a psychological/sociological phenomenon.

I don't know of a solution.

I think ATS mgmt. has improved things . . . the trashing is more civil than they used to be.

Nevertheless, the compulsive trashers seem to get their jollies trashing UFO vids.

I'm all for reasonable critique . . . who wants to believe in a hoax or nonsense.

However, it seems like many folks do chronic back flips trashing such videos compulsively, AUTOMATICALLY, regardless of how good or poor the video is. . . . as though their life and breath and orgasms depended on the relentlessness of their trashing of UFO vids.

imho . . . my layman's perspective, I think your UFO video is well above average. It's interesting to ponder.

Thanks.

A-Frickin'-Men! Well said.
Certain folks on ATS instantly come to mind...Not gonna name any of them though...They know who they are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join