It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this MARS object look out of place in relation to its natural scenery and other rocks around it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
In relation to images found in thread below by qmantoo

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Martian earthworks and parallel tracks

Not saying its anything more then a MARS rock... But does it look out of place in relation to no other similar rocks seen in the image?

NAMASTE*******

edit on 7/24/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
qmantoo, thanks for the shares

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Looks like a shadow to me. Something hovering over head?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If this was a picture of a place on Earth, I would say these do not look at all out of place, because there is so much randomness in nature here it would take something quite odd for me to say it looks out of place. As a total non-expert on Martian geology, and having taken a total of 1 geology course while at college, my opinion is that much like on Earth, there is probably a great variety to the sorts of things that will be seen when we look at the surface of Mars. In other words, I don't think these things are out of place, per say, in their context on Mars, I just think our idea of what is normal on Mars is still being formed.

So I don't know what the things are, although I am quite curious as to what we can find on the surface of Mars. Thanks for sharing your finding!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Tumbleweed from the leftover Martian Cowboy era?

But that's just me.

Honestly, not knowing what is would not put it out of place. Discover what it is and perhaps it's exactly where it needs to be.

Having said that...another rock.

Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
yes out of place meaning in relation to the rest of the imaged rocks and still nature to its surroundings... Sorry for the non Clarity and thanks so far for the replies... The tumbleweed made 1 laugh thanks

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

As soon as I saw it I thought of this guy

Critters on Mars

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

"where are the Crites?" thanks boymonkey74

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Usually these types of images are quite easy to figure out, and never really have anything to do with anything but geology. But I will say that in this case I find something peculiar. Not regarding the positioning of any of the rocks, but mainly the fact that this looks more like a shadow than a rock in the first place. Yet I see nothing that would create such a shadow. When I look at it I get the impression that it has been tampered with in some manner.

I admit I could be wrong, but maybe this is one of the PROVEN cases of airbrushing by NASA before the release of an image. In some of the older images it seemed they did the best they could to blend in their touch-up work with the natural surroundings, but it was still sort of easy to tell something was a bit funny in these images. But as time has gone on, they seemingly have either gotten really good at their jobs, or they are not airbrushing things anymore. I find that hard to believe, considering they WERE airbrushing photographs at one time. Why would they need to do so then and not now? If they were covering up something on the moon or Mars, surely those things would still be present there on the surface.

I just think it looks like a "shadow" was added to cover something up. I would rather be wrong to tell you the truth, and have this be just a rock. But from what I see in the picture, I cannot agree with that. But then again there appears to something similar going on with the shadow near the bottom right of the image. Another thing about the shadow is that it is "rounded." Not impossible in nature by any means, especially since liquid flowed on Mars at one time, but I don't see what is creating this rounded shadow. But this is by no means definitive. I am not naive enough to think that just because I think something, it has to be true.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
but I don't see what is creating this rounded shadow. But this is by no means definitive. I am not naive enough to think that just because I think something, it has to be true.

thank you for your input JiggyPotamus

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
A couple of different times of day:
marsrover.nasa.gov...
marsrover.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
A couple of different times of day:
marsrover.nasa.gov...
marsrover.nasa.gov...

Welcome back Phage

Good to see some common sense and pro suggestions re-appearing again!

But come on... make an effort... chnage that blummin avatar please

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 25-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Well, I looked at those pics that Phage linked, and this one : Mars Rover pic
makes those objects look even more out of place to me. My eyes really cannot seem to see how the end of that 'log' on the righthand side of this pic connects to anything behind it! I mean, is there something wrong with my perception of the photo, or is it joined together at the wrong angles?

Something just very, off, about it and the thing in the lefthand corner, as well!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
It's difficult to make out, but I think it's just a flat shadowed side of a long rock.

Could someone please link to the NASA's page with these images. Maybe we can find images of that object from another position or time of the day.
edit on 25-7-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Look like the end of a cut fire wood log
Ya that because I live in the bush

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

My eyes really cannot seem to see how the end of that 'log' on the righthand side of this pic connects to anything behind it!

Maybe because it's a roundish boulder, not a "log".

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
In relation to images found in thread below by qmantoo

Not saying its anything more then a MARS rock... But does it look out of place in relation to no other similar rocks seen in the image?

NAMASTE*******

edit on 7/24/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

Really just put another yellow box under yours ?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

why would the shadow be casting it's own shadow? Looks to me like an outcropping of rock, with the shadow pointing towards the lower left corner, like the other shadows in the image. The facing part of the object is in the shadow and detail is hard to make out.

it's a rock

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

thanks Phage
for sharing your interest within the thread what do you think of the scuff marks to the left of it do they look related to the spherical object?

NAMASTE*******

Originally posted by jennybee35

Something just very, off, about it and the thing in the lefthand corner, as well!

Yes the new shared images from Phage do seem to still keep the imagination wondering why "1 of these things is doing its own thing"
jennybee35. The spot in the upper left I was waiting to see if that was noticed as well

Thanks for taking time to share...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
Well, I looked at those pics that Phage linked, and this one : Mars Rover pic
makes those objects look even more out of place to me. My eyes really cannot seem to see how the end of that 'log' on the righthand side of this pic connects to anything behind it! I mean, is there something wrong with my perception of the photo, or is it joined together at the wrong angles?

Log? You mean dark lower part of roundish object "in line with" a dark line of strata behind. Your brain has decided to make sense of this by making you see a log.

It's OK. It's a well known phenomena that makes Jesus Christ appear on toast!!!!! The human brain does not like disorder and instead tries to make sense of what it senses.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join