It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friends Bigfoot Sighting in Alaska

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by aduley

I have to disagree with you there young person. I believed the Patterson - Gimlin film was a real creature from the first time I saw it in 1967.
I was eight years old. and it has held up to scrutiny and the progression of analytical science.
It 's the only proof anyone should need. I haven't seen one. But I have sense enough to know
what is good evidence. So anybody can say it's not enough but there just full of crap in my
eyes.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
What are you look'in at ?

Never seen a double post before ?

edit on 25-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

I lived in Alaska for 6 years while I served in the Army. I was stationed at Ft Wainwright, which is the same place I had my sighting ON POST.

I contacted the Fish and Wildlife and they are quite familiar with BF and say they are referred too as Wildman.

That is just cool. I had no idea that fish and game was familiar with Bigfoot. Makes me want to ask them about him lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yeah I have watched that video a lot, and I still haven't decided if I think it is real or not. "She" has breasts, but I also read somewhere that one expert thought it was a male because of the domed head. If it was a fake, it was a darn good one.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by aduley
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

Oh yeah, one more thing, I have't seen God... but I still believe in him.

And everyone has that same longing in their heart. I don't care what you say, you know it's there just as well as everyone else. I guess you could say it is a side effect of being human.
edit on 25-7-2013 by aduley because: (no reason given)

Look I'm not here to debunk your story...that would impossible! I do research on Bigfoot myself but before we go jumping of the bridge here I think we should all consider that it is a story and not a fact. If your friend did in fact see it for himself then surely it would be a fact for him.

Also I would hardly compare bigfoot to God as I do in fact believe in him.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Huh, a Bigfoot down on KGB road? I wonder if any private small plane pilots have FLIR cameras over at Merill or Lake Hood. I'd imagine if you just flew over the area regularly with one, something that big would certainly give off a heat signature.

Of course, Bigfoot might have hair similar to a polar bear. Polar bears are hard to spot on thermal! I was told it has something to do with the hair shafts being hollow and trapping the heat so efficiently.

...or if any of those pesky Alaskan trees block the line of sight...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I just returned from a trip to Yellowstone. Everyone asks the Rangers where the Grizzlies or the Bison are now so I thought it was a good opportunity to ask where the Bigfoot sightings have been. Both Rangers smiled and looked around. The answer was the same: there is none to my knowledge. One Ranger then did make eye contact and said "but that would be cool, huh?"

I'm a principal and I think I have a decent idea of when someone is lying to me (wish I could tell 100% of the time). They were lying to me - or so I felt.

So we go to the Tetons and there is a Ranger at an information centre who seems to have a good sense of humour. I tell him of the Yellowstone Rangers and then asked "why are they lying to me." I didn't want to give him an opportunity to recite what I felt was the company line.

He just laughed and then motioned for me to move over to a quiet spot. He said he hadn't heard of any but there was a guy nearby who had a lot of casts and researched sightings in the area. I just thought the whole thing was funny and curious.

The book Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science is a very good book that discusses the science behind Bigfoot.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm just curious with all the bigfoot sightings, how come we have never come across a carcass of one?
I'm wondering if bigfoot are more advanced than we give them credit and maybe bury their dead, or they just get picked off from scavengers.

I don't know much about lifestyles of these creatures but I'm curious why we have never found a body. Regardless, I totally believe that they are out there and just stick to remote places.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by derwink

I did the same thing! I just went to Yellowstone (I camped in the Tetons though) and the rangers gave me the exact expression you described and said they never heard of any sightings. Regardless I did some backpacking through Tetons range and a few long hikes deep into Yellowstone and to my knowledge I didn't see any evidence of bigfoot.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by katyehh

That's hilarious about the Rangers! I just got the impression that it was a corporate/canned response to the question.

As for no remains, either they bury or nature takes its course. Nature is very efficient at decomposing bodies. I hike a little but know of others who spend a lot of time in the woods and they never come across carcasses of any animal.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by aduley

Bigfoot groupies should try setting up camera traps by water.

I suspect it likes the water and its stench is kind of similar to the "wet dog" phenomenon

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by derwink

I just returned from a trip to Yellowstone. Everyone asks the Rangers where the Grizzlies or the Bison are now so I thought it was a good opportunity to ask where the Bigfoot sightings have been. Both Rangers smiled and looked around. The answer was the same: there is none to my knowledge. One Ranger then did make eye contact and said "but that would be cool, huh?"

That seems to be the common answer among park rangers. I find it really funny to be honest. So that makes me wonder why that seems to be the protocol?

Without trying to sound too weird, I've often wondered if these things truly are some sort of experiment gone wrong, and that is why they appear so human like.

The only problem with that idea, is that these sightings have been reported for centuries. Long before people understood about DNA and splicing genes and all that good stuff.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by aduley

I too, do not dispel the existence of such creatures. I want to think that they are one of God's special surprises He bestows upon us now and then, to let us know that we don't know everything there is to know about our Earth. I also do not believe that human beings are the most intelligent creation of God. We certainly occupy a special place in His creative efforts, but I actually believe there are other more intelligent beings in the scope of the universe as we know it. And 'know it' is the key phrase... But that's a completely different topic.
-Lynette
edit on 4-8-2013 by wrangellak because: Added personal name

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Huh, a Bigfoot down on KGB road? I wonder if any private small plane pilots have FLIR cameras over at Merill or Lake Hood. I'd imagine if you just flew over the area regularly with one, something that big would certainly give off a heat signature.

Of course, Bigfoot might have hair similar to a polar bear. Polar bears are hard to spot on thermal! I was told it has something to do with the hair shafts being hollow and trapping the heat so efficiently.

...or if any of those pesky Alaskan trees block the line of sight... /quote]

You obviously never seen any of the pesky trees in that area.. They are seriously not that big, can be thick but not that big...
at least not in south central Alaska... Southeast Alaska is a different story however.

Grim

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: aduley

I'm a regular driver, resident of that area for over 30'years. I live less than a mile away and have dozens of friends that live by the Hollywood mart, never heard such nonsense.

I think you fell for a urban legend. Thx for the share though

Your more likely to have trouble makers or troopers in your backyard... But I treat them all the same. I polite greeting with a gun aimed at you head. They decide what happens next. And if it's Big Foot, I will shoot him ASAP, put this conspiracy to rest, and start making the steaks, burgers, n jerky, 🍗🍔🍖🍴
edit on 13-6-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

Bigfoot? Nah. There are all kinds of crazy survivalist woodsmen that run around in the woods living off the land up here. Around Anchorage (especially Kincaid or other greenbelts) you might glimpse a ragged homeless person tromping through the woods with long hair and a shaggy beard. From a distance, it's Bigfoot!

That's to funny...guy thinks he sees Bigfoot -- but really sees unkempt and shaggy homeless dude.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Lol, don't shoot the homeless dude AK.

I know a guy who swears he saw a strange footprint that definitely wasn't a bear up in Tustumena Lake. I'm not so sure but I wouldn't be surprised.

I've been out to the other side of that lake too. I heard a really loud thumping noise as we were making our way back to camp on the bank. I've concluded it was either a Brownie slamming the ground giving us a warning or Bigfoot. It really was kind of freaky.

Star and flag to the OP! thanks for the story
edit on 13-6-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm not surprised that they would be up in Alaska, now that temperatures are increasing at higher latitudes. They are even here in Arizona.
I've mentioned about my sighting in the Kaibab National Forest and the strange stuff we heard on the Mogillon Rim. Specifically, near Knoll Lake and the Broken Mirror campground.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DZAG Wright
I lived in Alaska for 6 years while I served in the Army. I was stationed at Ft Wainwright, which is the same place I had my sighting ON POST.

I contacted the Fish and Wildlife and they are quite familiar with BF and say they are referred too as Wildman.

Can you recount your experience? If you prefer, please PM me. Thanks.

I definitely think there's something to it, particularly with all these sightings. I think some people underestimate how large and diverse the United States (and by extension North America) is in terms of ecology/landscape. There are vast tracts of land which are not occupied, it's plausible these creatures could survive undetected.Particularly if they make an evident to evade human contact and are mobile. They're reported to be at least 8ft tool and take big strides in addition to being deceptively quick.

I'd urge anyone to read this fascinating account of a Bigfoot sighting by Nathaniel Bronis in Michigan: The Michigan Bigfoot Research Blog

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: aduley

I have no clue what your friend saw. I find all the bigfoot/ ufo/ alien/angels/and broad range of extra capabilities of humans such as esp,telepathy,telkentics/etc fascinating. Can't say I've seen or experienced any of it. But I will say thank you for posting and you do a good job of relaying the story. If he saw a big foot. That is pretty interesting.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join