It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have the secret to everything, but Im not going to tell you.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I hate that just as much as anything. I hate it when they say can levitate things, and dont prove it.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerdurden1
Nope Im good.

Good to hear!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheEgo

Now I feel bad. CRAP! See that my other problem. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheEgo
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

Stop giving them attention.

Why is it their responsibility to help you control yourself from reading things you don't want to read?

Or is it you really are hoping to find the secret to everything from some person on the internet?

I have a secret... and I will tell you: Best wishes to you in your search and making the most of the opportunities people give you to advertise your true nature.

It's their responsibility to be genuine. When they come forward and say they know something and have evidence, you naturally expect evidence to follow. However, they follow the Christian version of evidence and simply reference their own personal gnosis as "evidence" and to texts from people who say the same stuff that they just said.

Total circular logic and totally frustrating because you have to be strung along at least a little bit before you realize it's all crap.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

You hit it right on the head!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Now I feel bad. CRAP! See that my other problem. Sorry.

We're just swapping words... no feeling bad needed. /salute

Originally posted by Cuervo
It's their responsibility to be genuine.

Is it? Prove it.

...because you have to be strung along at least a little bit before you realize it's all crap.

Agreed... though my interpretation is closer to a knife on a sharpening stone. We can try to shatter the stone or accept the sharpening.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
When "Bernie Threads" prevail counter those threads by making a new ones, news or other. Eventually they are "figured out", taken care of, but in the mean time instead of being called rude or what ever for pointing out the obvious over shadow them.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

It's their responsibility to be genuine.

Is it? Prove it.

The proof is that those threads eventually end up 404'd or locked with the user being banned. Members of ATS do have the responsibility and obligation to be genuine.

...because you have to be strung along at least a little bit before you realize it's all crap.

Agreed... though my interpretation is closer to a knife on a sharpening stone. We can try to shatter the stone or accept the sharpening.

Nah... it's more like a knife sharpening itself in a bucket of corrosive acid.

ps edit - I wanted to add that it's not like I don't get my enjoyment out of some of those threads, especially when they are obviously making stuff up but some are plausible and those are the ones that piss people off when it leads to the inevitable dead end.
edit on 24-7-2013 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Why should we have to accept that? Those people making those threads should say that it BS, or just their opinion. Not pass it off as fact. If I see something like this :

"Could be complet BS, but here is what I belive I can do.." If I see something like that, Im not going in there, because its not a fact.

If I see, "I have the ability to move things with my mind" I will go in there. Now when I go in there, and it says, "Oh but Im not going to show anybody because I dont want the government to get me" Im done.

That doesnt come until after people like me tell them to show it or sell their crazy someplace else, and thats only after they have this long diatribe of all this usless s #it I have to sift though to see if they are full of s #it. That person is now a time theif .

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The proof is that those threads eventually end up 404'd or locked with the user being banned. Members of ATS do have the responsibility and obligation to be genuine.

Those actions are consequences. Consequences don't imply responsibility or obligation. Just because I put my name on a piece of paper saying I am supposed to give someone some food doesn't ACTUALLY put me under any responsibility or obligation. There are likely to be consequences if I don't... but I am still free to not do so.

Taking your approach implies that everyone is obligated and has a responsibility to not behave in ways that their local government will "404 their sign" or "ban" them from the region. Where would we be if people didn't violate their "obligations"?

This is why many good natured people are so easily taken advantage of, because they believe in false obligations/responsibilities as opposed to "good ideas if you want to avoid trouble".

Nah... it's more like a knife sharpening itself in a bucket of corrosive acid.

ps edit - I wanted to add that it's not like I don't get my enjoyment out of some of those threads, especially when they are obviously making stuff up but some are plausible and those are the ones that piss people off when it leads to the inevitable dead end.

How does one learn to be discerning if they never have to concern themselves with someone either deliberately or unintentionally falsely representing themselves or information?

I understand completely what you are saying you think people *should* do... but just because I think rocks *should* move when I say move doesn't mean they are under any responsibility or obligation to. Just because most people choose to stick to the standard social norms doesn't mean anyone is obligated to. They simply might have to face unpleasant consequences. That is the very nature of non-compliance.
edit on 24-7-2013 by ErgoTheEgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I wish there was a better BS filter. They arent getting to them fast enough. In the grey area I went on a mission of sorts, just pointing out how many i have come across just in that forum.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I want to preface this with the fact that I am not at any point trying to be a jerk to you. I wasn't in my first post, nor am I in these following posts. I'm trying to give you some truly meaningful perspective on navigating the world.

Why should we have to accept that?

Because it's reality. Same reason you have to accept creatures that might sting you in the ocean. Don't want to be stung, don't venture into the deep water.

Those people making those threads should say that it BS, or just their opinion.

Should they? Are we to begin legislating that? "Would be nice" is not the same as should. There are very very few shoulds in reality.

"Could be complet BS, but here is what I belive I can do.." If I see something like that, Im not going in there, because its not a fact.

Interestingly those are in fact the people you probably would be best served paying attention to. Notice you automatically say you would ignore those who are being honest with you.

If I see, "I have the ability to move things with my mind" I will go in there.

Why? Especially after being burned so many times?

Now when I go in there, and it says, "Oh but Im not going to show anybody because I dont want the government to get me" Im done.

Can you not conceive of a circumstance where they may in fact be telling the truth?

That doesnt come until after people like me tell them to show it or sell their crazy someplace else, and thats only after they have this long diatribe of all this usless s #it I have to sift though to see if they are full of s #it. That person is now a time theif .

A thief comes and takes without your consent. At no time did any of those people take something from you without you consenting. At no time was your hand, eye, or body moved without your voluntary choice.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I wish there was a better BS filter. They arent getting to them fast enough. In the grey area I went on a mission of sorts, just pointing out how many i have come across just in that forum.

You will never have a better BS filter than your own. Like any muscle it requires exercise though.

We live in a society which actively discourages the development of that muscle/skill and in fact encourages people to expect things to just be taken care of for them.

Why would you trust a BS filter from someone else?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I would like to break the stone now
Im calm now, I got all the anger goo out...ewww, that sounds horrible!

Anyway, I know its not my job to clean up ATS, I just hope in the future they clean up a bit faster is all, so we can get to the truth a bit faster. If there is any these days.

You made some good points.
edit on 24-7-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: Feeling better

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

It's what the rant forums for buddie

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I hear ya... and I'm glad to have had the opportunity to chat with ya.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I love those threads in which people are so sure of themselves. Given their information is well laid out and interesting.

I wish I had that kind of assurance that my experiences are coming from without and not within. But alas, doubt plagues my own personal experiences to where I wonder - is it all me? It's gotta be, from my perspective. Not that that invalidates my personal inner experiences, only that they most definitely won't mean squat to anyone else, except for myself. So I don't often share those parts of myself and what I experience, unless there is an overwhelming impulse within myself to share. I hate those moments, and resist them at all costs.

I find it amazing that these "special" people (we are all special and as unique as a snowflake) can step forward and say with such certainty... I know my experiences are valid and truth - not just for myself - but for everyone else to. I'm often left scratching my head thinking, say what? But I don't write them off. Those people who feel they are special and let all that is going on within' hang out, for the rest of the world to see and condemn and bully and scuff at. There is a certain bravery in what they do, and it scares people, I think - more than it intrigues... Because what if..right? Just that little what if...

So I'll keep reading those "crazy" peoples threads. And enjoy doing so, without condemnation or ego mucking up the experience of enjoying it. Why? Because who knows when the next Einstein, or DaVinci, or Buddha, or Ghandi is crossing our path - and we all missed it - all because we know better and our BS meter is attuned to the truth - oh that "special" sweet power - our BS meter.

But I'm just a girl, and I don't know the secret to everything. Nor do I claim to, but part of me hopes there is somebody out there somewhere - who does. That one person, a little bit more, than anyone else...

(Felt the thread needed a little bit of devil's advocate in here!
)

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
I wish I had that kind of assurance that my experiences are coming from without and not within.

Who has convinced you they aren't?

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
But alas, doubt plagues my own personal experiences to where I wonder - is it all me? It's gotta be, from my perspective.

If "everything" wanted to know "everything" "about itself"? Could there be anything more valuable you could give than your most honest view from your perspective?

What if "everything" decided it wanted to see how it sees itself from the perspective of doubting itself in order to see which aspects of itself it was most confident in?
/namasalute

edit on 24-7-2013 by ErgoTheEgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
*ugh* i hate those too.. as if there could ever be a "secret to everything"!? what a load of tripe.. like reality is just one big equation and suddenly they've hit the equals sign.. bollocks!

the truth is as obvious as these people are ignorant. xD

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tachyonmind
what a load of tripe.. like reality is just one big equation...

Is your issue with the idea of:
"1) Reality is ultimately one equation."

or....

"2) An individual point could ever understand its own equation."

...?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join