It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone paying attention to Microsoft Xboxone? Big Brother in your living room.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Look I am not going to post a bunch of links, but common. Big Brother is what Microsoft is planning. What the hell. I do not need a camera pointed at my living room and have it "see" who is in the room and what is going on. Anyone who buys the Xboxone is ignorant. I guess you could cover the camera up, but that is not the point. If you do not know about Xboxone look it up. Here is one link for you.formingthethread.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
you know you can just unplug it...

or do what any sensible person would do and buy a PS4

Besides i really don't think the NSA care what your having for dinner or your choice of wall paper I think the Xbox-one might as well have been named the Telescreen

M$ are not getting any more of my cash.
edit on 24-7-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

You must have missed all the thread on it a month ago.

We had pages of discussion on multiple pages.

But yeah, XB1 value went down, many of my XB friends changed over to PS.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

No, you cant unplug the kinect. If you do, the console will not work but yea, I agree about the PS4, thats what ill be getting.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Like I said "you could just cover the camera up". Unplug it? Well gosh that would not be a good Idea if you want to play a game.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
By unplug it i mean when your not gaming on it.

Like i say it might aswell have been called the Xbox-1984-telescreen

thats why i am going to get a PS4 and that its a better console overall

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I switched to a PS3 about 2 years ago but only because my previous 2 Xbox 360's red ringed. I ended up getting a 360 free when I bought a laptop. I then turned around and traded it even up on Craigslist for a PS3. I've had no issues with it and also got the blue ray I was missing. I was really going to weigh out between the XboxOne and PS4 but Microsoft has made my choice very clear. PS4 will blow the doors off of MS.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Here is a list posted by someone.

Disclaimer: This list is 2 months old, Xbox fixed some stuff.... but the specs remain the same

A Complete Comparison of XBOX One and Playstation 4

# Development:
XBO: Developed by Microsoft, Development started in 2010.
PS4: Developed by Sony, Development started in 2008.

# Specifications:
XBO: 8 Core AMD x86 CPU, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, Blu-Ray Drive
PS4: 8 Core AMD x86-64 CPU, 8GB GDDR5 RAM, 500GB HDD, Blu-Ray Drive

# Power Differences:
- The CPU in both systems are nearly identical.
- The GPU in the PS4 is 50% more powerful than the XBO.
- The PS4 has 158% more memory bandwidth. (XBO's 68GB/s vs PS4's 176GB/s).
- The PS4 will allow 40% more RAM for games (XBO's 5GB vs PS4's 7GB)

Both consoles will feature a similar architecture making game creation similar on both consoles. In contrast to previous generations were the architecture of the PS3 made it vastly most difficult to create games. The developers will decide how much of an effect the increase power of one console over another will have as they program and utilize power accordingly.

# Playing a Game:
XBO: Install Game, Register Game Online, Game Now Locked to XBOX Live Profile. Play Game.
XBO: If your connection is down when first playing, you'll need to wait until its back up.
PS4: Install Game, Play Game.

# Authentication:
XBO: Your home console will authenticate every 24 hours.
XBO: If you use a console other than your own it will authenticate every 1 hour.
XBO: If it cannot authenticate it will lock all games.
PS4: No authentication at all.

# Trade-in a Game at retail:
XBO: Can only be traded to Microsoft authorised retailers.
PS4: Trade to anyone, anytime, anywhere.

# Trade-in a Game with a friend:
XBO: Trade to Friends once that have been on XBOX LIve Friends List for 30 Days.
PS4: Trade to anyone, anytime, anywhere.

# Sell a game on Ebay:
XBO: You can't sell any XBO games on Ebay, they are locked to your account.
PS4: You can see to anyone, anytime, anywhere.

# Renting Games from companies like Blockbuster or GameFly:
XBO: Not avaliable a launch but Microsoft are still in discussion with partners.
PS4: You can rent games from any company you choose.

# Game Ownership:
XBO: You own a license to play the game.
PS4: You own the game, just don't have the right to sell copies of it.

# Playing at a Friends on their console:
XBO: You must log into XBOX Live then either download or install the game from disc.
XBO: The console must authenticate once every hour or the console will lock all games.
XBO: Internet connection required.
PS4: Insert the disc, start playing.

# Loaning a Game to a Friend:
XBO: You can add 10 friends that are allowed to use your games library.
XBO: Only one person at a time can play a game.
XBO: The console must authenticate once every hour or the console will lock all games.
XBO: The people you share your game library with must be on your friends list for 30 days.
XBO: The people on the friends list must be in the same region as you to play.
PS4: Give friend the disc, let him play.

On the XBO it could mean that if you have 10 friends, that are all friends of eachother then you could share a single player game between the 10 of you, only buying it once. You'd need to take turns each playing the game when the other wasn't but you would be sharing a single game between you. Whereas for multiplayer to all play at the same time you would need to all own the game.

# Using my Game Library at another location with a connection:
XBO: Log in to XBOX Live, Download Any Game or Install from Disc, Play.
XBO: Online Authentication required every hour or the console will lock all games.
PS4: You can play disc-based games you have brought with you.
PS4: You can log-in to Playstation Network to download store purchases.

# Using my Game Library at another location with no connection:
XBO: You can't play any games at all, no connection means no authentication.
PS4: You can only play the on-disc games you brought with you.

# Playing Games from another Region:
XBO: Region Locked. You can only play UK games on a UK Console.
PS4: Region Free. You can play JP/US games on a UK Console.

# Access my Online Identity outside the Home:
XBO: Log into XBOX Live.
PS4: Log into Playstation Network.

# Kinect vs Playstation Eye:
XBO: Mandatory but can be switched off. Included with Console.
PS4: Not Mandatory. Not Included with Console.

# External Power Brick:
XBO: Will feature an external power brick.
PS4: No external power brick.

# Hard-Drive Upgrades:
XBO: Non-Ungradable. Accepts External Hard-Drives.
PS4: Can be upgraded. Accepts External Hard-Drives.

# Size Difference:
XBO: Width: 34.3cm, Length: 26.3cm, Height: 8cm
PS4: Width: 27.5cm, Length: 30.5cm, Height: 5.3cm
The PS4 is 40% smaller than the XBO in total volume.

# Price Difference:
XBO: £429
PS4: £349

# Publishing for Indie titles such as Minecraft, Journey etc..
XBO: Same method as a normal game.
PS4: Free Self-Publishing on Playstation Network with specific Indie Section.

# Capturing Gameplay:
XBO: Will allow you to capture gameplay and upload and share via Twitch TV.
PS4: Will allow you to capture gameplay and upload and share via UPlay.

# Online Gaming Fees:
XBO: Requires XBOX Live Subscription to play online.
PS4: Requires Playstation Plus Subscription to play online.

# Backwards Compatibility:
XBO: No Backwards Compatibility.
PS4: Upcoming Backwards Compatibility via Gaikai for PS1, PS2 and PS3 games.

# Release Date:
XBO: Due out in November. (Confirmed November Release)
PS4: Due out in November. (Confirmed Christmas Holiday Release)

# What If I Don't Have An Internet Connection:
XBO: The console will not work, it requires an internet connection to authenticate.
PS4: The console will work, but updates and DLC require an internet connection.

# Whats Included in the Box:
XBO: XBOX One Console, A Controller, Kinect 2.0, Power Brick.
PS4: Playstation 4 Console, A Controller, Headset, Power Cable, HDMI Cable

edit on 7/24/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yah no matter if you cover the camera or unplug the console the fact remains that the xboxone is now an active camera connected to the internet in your house, that can be accessed by someone who knows what their doing, dont be naive.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

that is a really good list but its out-dated, M$ have changed some stuff specifically getting rid of that stupid "must authenticate every 24 hours" and "always online" rubbish.

Even so M$ have still lost out just by even trying to pull that crap.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Thanks dude, put a disclaimer.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
here's the way I see it....if you are so desperate to play video games, that you would give up your privacy to do so, then you deserve corporate big brother to know everything about you. your world is not going to end if you do not play these games, say no, and get a life.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Hey now, playing games does not mean you have no life lol.

Thats like saying, stop collecting stamps, get a life.

People just want to play the games without all these string attached, like the old days(10 yrs ago
).

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Yea and the 360 is still a fine system and theyre about to put out a ton of new games for it.
Theyre even going to start (may already have started) offering a couple games a month for download, at no cost

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I guess i am the only person on the planet with a webcam built into my computer. And a camera in my cellphone, and tablet and in at least one of my kids toys. Then there is the home video monitoring provided by security companies, nanny cams, etc etc etc.

Oh and of course there are the cameras that exist everywhere outside my house.

But yea, Microsoft is the new incarnation of Big Brother.

I am not the biggest fan of the concept of it having to be plugged in for the Xbox 1 to work but i can see the potential for interesting games and would rather make my decision based on the actual content of the system's games.

After all, we are way past the point of worrying about cameras invading our privacy at this point. And to be honest, i am a bit of voyeur and have little problem with some government troll watching me game, among other things.

A better question would be how are you going to respond when the next generation of consoles/computers beyond these new systems require neural interfaces.
A different perspective
edit on 24-7-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Oh? Are people actually being foolish enough to still buy this monstrosity?

I thought we all learned our lesson about microsoft's greed, and where their real interests lie?

If you fall for the "xbox 180" (as I now not-so-affectionately call it after their "180 degree turnaround" on all the crazy DRM stuff) you almost deserve big brother in your house.
edit on 24-7-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Nononono! Don´t you know, that´s exactly what they wan´t you to do. See, Sony and MS are in cahoots together. They advertise alot of this Bigbrother stuff on the xbox1 so that most of us switch to PS4 when it´s really that system that has all the biggier brotherier stuffs in it, hidden of course. See, it´s all a game (pun) sony, MS, all owned by the elite, staged for us to look like two totaly different companies. We have all been fooled...

Naaaaa, just kidding,..or am I?

/troll-robert
edit on 24-7-2013 by Nettlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
PS4 Eye Camera

Xbox One Launch Titles
Personally i love the Dead Rising series. Best zombie killing experience out there.
Dead Rising 3
I am also really digging what i am seeing from Project Spark

Then of course there is Titanfall (I love giant robots!)
Titan Fall

Ps4 Titles

So far, i am only really interested in Kingdom Hearts 3 (And seriously wish Disney/Pixar would just make a good Kingdom Hearts movie) But it seems this title will be on both consoles
Having a hard time finding anything else on the PS4 that really gets me excited.
Keyblades!

Outside of these titles, who is to say what is really coming down the line. However, most of the major titles will be on both systems.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Xboxone, announced all the lovely little necessities that would come along with my new system.....

I cringed, I bit into my own teeth, and my head caught fire.

I hobbled my way over to the PS4 booth, where 6 kind young individuals, put out the head fire, massaged my shoulders and assured me everything would be fine.

I have to say, my stay at the sony booth was fantastic. The graphics and power of the new PS4 surely blew me away, but it's been a long time since a new system came out, so it didn't take a lot. Besides, nearly all the games I loved my xbox for are coming out on PS4 as well.

Sorry Microsoft, it's been fun.

I remember the days back in the beginning with doom 3d, Then graduating on to things like Roller coaster tycoon, dino tycoon, Command and conquer, Age of Empires, counter strike, return to castle wolfenstein.

Then there was xbox, ahhh xbox, good times were had by all busting ass with a pump shottie or plasma nade kills. Oh halo how awesome you were before you released a new title every damn year. It got real old after 1 guys.... Thanks... I can't remember all the games I played on xbox...

Then there was the 360, ho boy... Like the highschool slut you bragged about to some of your friends, but hid from others. Gears of war, Oblivion, borderlands, fall out, Call of duty, the witcher 2, Dead space, red dead redemption... there's just too many to remember... I just #ing loved it, you were epic. I could sneak in a quicky before work, after work, or if I was feeling adventurous run home to bang one out for an hr at lunch. You were my one and only during my gaming peak.... Sweaty, monster energy drink laden nights, calling in sick to work just to smash out something new and exciting...

Oh, microsoft.... you just took it to far. You had to pry into all the details of my daily life. Spy on me sitting on the couch, sweating profusely in extreme frustration yoga postitions on the couch while I try to play my games, or watching me watching you watching me play on ATS. You creepy #, that's my time. Not yours, mine. Only I should know what I look like while playing your games, and half the time I'm completely aware I'm in my boxers, a beater and haven't shaved for a few days. A few beer cans on the coffee table, yes that's a pizza pop sitting on that plate, no it's not good for me, but only required me to stop playing for 4 minutes to make it. Yes I chain smoke, no I don't want to subscribe to your american spying bull#.

go # yourself Microsoft.

I'm giving the 360 to my nephew

Sony here I come, oh and PS4 my gf thinks you're pretty cute, looks like the three of us are gonna have some fun times.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
get a life.

wtf does this even mean??

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join