It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was cool!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
"The book, Gaz, does not say He had a "personal prostitute"

Hehe, I'll grant you that...

But seriously, you think he didn't get any from Mary of Magdelan? She didn't leave her rich benefactors for nothing... She was the original "groupie" and Jesus, the original "rock star"... You can look at the situation with rose-colored glasses if you want, but when viewed objectively, a different conclusion is drawn about their relationship...

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Jesus did go to India and study Buddhism. Most of Jesus' sayings came from the mouth of the Buddha. There's books all about this.

It's been studied that Jesus also went to Egypt and study there.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Thanks Illmatic67! I'm glad u agree!

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
comment:

"Travelled the land with a bunch of his homies and a personal prostitute and had people believing he was the son of God. Jesus had it going on!"

you got to laugh because it is true. Yet this was one of the purest men ever to walk the earth

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Originally posted by abstract_alao

Originally posted by Trader
Cindy thats crap. When dealing with sth as sensitive as a religious figure, its best not to put your words as theirs

Actually there is evidence that a great prophet went and studied with buddast monks. This text was kept sacred for a long time and has just been released. You should read more before you critize. If you still don't believe I will find info your you

No, there's misinformation trying to corrupt the faith, but the book that brings us the Good News of Christ explains that he did not travel to India and the Son of God did not study a religion that is not of His Father.
Gazrock, you are disrespectful.

So where was he for thoses 10 to 15 years that are not in the bible?!?!?!?!?

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by quango
Studying is different than Practising. Only a fool refuses to learn, and Jesus was no fool.

True...So true

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Oh what babbling nonsence...

The failure here is an inability to understand just who Jesus was. Even at a young age, as a child, he impressed the teachers with his wisdom, and as an adult people were amazed at the things he knew. He spoke as a person of authority, "I tell you this..." not as a teacher of the law might have said "the Torah says this".

Jesus spoke as he did because of who he was, he was God incarnate, in the flesh, therefore who is going to teach him anything, why should he travel to be taught something he already knew?

As TC said, its just another story designed to increase the stature of the buddhists, saying that they taught him. Its non biblical, non christian, and not even logical.

We can all make up fairy stories about events that happened in the past like this, but that doesn't make them more than delusions in peoples minds.

Studying is different than Practising. Only a fool refuses to learn, and Jesus was no fool.

True...So true

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Heh, yea Cindy, the whole "Jesus was a very peaceful and wonderful person" thing...not new lol...I am a Catholic Christian and I went to a Catholic school. First thing they taught was that Jesus was a peaceful, kind, and a good teacher....lol...aint new...any Christian should know that Jesus was a peaceful person, lol, not trying to make fun of you, so no flaming please, just found that funny

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Also, Gaz, yea I don't think that Jesus "used" Mary Magadeline if you know what I mean..

Lets see...Jesus:

1) Son of God

2) Peaceful, teacher, kind

3) Don't think he was getting any from good ol' Mary there lol

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Cause the extremist here don�t know what there talking about. Why is it that there is a large chunk of his life left out of the bible. Lets see the did at 33..10 to 15 years of his life is left out of the bible?!?!?? That�s almost half his life. So where was he during this time!?!??! Obviously he wasn�t in the Middle East. So he was some where else.

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 01:20 AM
link   
There is nothing to answer. You don't understand what Christ was and that isn't my fault.

Christ was not a sinner. Not one sin. That means He did what He was to do as a Jewish son. That does not include wandering around the area talking with teachers of other religions. He was a carpenter, and He worked with His family. That was expected at that age. Nothing to write about; the authors understood that, your 20th century way of thinking is not their fault.

I have already explained why the similarities exist, and now I explained what I thought you should have already known (I apologize, I know so little I assume everyone else knows what I do. I'm truly sorry), so now it is all answered in spades. Accept or doubt, it is up to you.

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Oh what babbling nonsence...

The failure here is an inability to understand just who Jesus was. Even at a young age, as a child, he impressed the teachers with his wisdom, and as an adult people were amazed at the things he knew. He spoke as a person of authority, "I tell you this..." not as a teacher of the law might have said "the Torah says this".

Jesus spoke as he did because of who he was, he was God incarnate, in the flesh, therefore who is going to teach him anything, why should he travel to be taught something he already knew?

As TC said, its just another story designed to increase the stature of the buddhists, saying that they taught him. Its non biblical, non christian, and not even logical.

We can all make up fairy stories about events that happened in the past like this, but that doesn't make them more than delusions in peoples minds.

True...So true

Netchicken and Thomas I have to agree..........could not have said it better..........(in my case though , it would have taken a page
)

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Say what you want Thomas.

The fact is there are still striking similarities between sayings of the Buddha, who lived 300 years before Jesus, and the sayings of Jesus. I'm sorry you can't understand that.

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
There is nothing to answer. You don't understand what Christ was and that isn't my fault.

Christ was not a sinner. Not one sin. That means He did what He was to do as a Jewish son.

You basically proved my point. Dance around the question if you want... I never said he was a sinner.

That does not include wandering around the area talking with teachers of other religions.

If im not mistaken didn't he love to challange the priest when he was younger?!?!?!? His minstery was about going to diffrent palces and spreading the word . It seems you are the one who dosen't understand the last years of your Lords life. You supprise me at how narrow minded you can be TC.

He was a carpenter, and He worked with His family. That was expected at that age. Nothing to write about; the authors understood that, your 20th century way of thinking is not their fault.

Oh my Goodness. So He didn't think about anything from the age of 12 to 30. Your kidding right..... My 20th century way of thinking?!?!? Don't get mad when someone brings logic and common sense to the table. "Jesus" was a very logical and prophetic human. He did all the things that humans do like learning. You don�t believe me?!?!? Here�s an example......

Matthew 15:22-28

And behold, a woman of Canaan came from that region and cried out to Him, saying, �Have mercy on me, O lord, Son of David! My daughter is severely demon-possessed�

But he answered her not a word

And his disciples came and urged Him saying, �Send her away, for she cries out after us.�

But He answered and said, �I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.�

Then she came and worshiped Him saying, �Lord help me!�

But He answered and said, �It is not good to take the children�s bread and throw it to little dogs.�

And she said, �Yes, Lord, yet even little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their master�s table.�

Then Jesus answered and said to her, �O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire.� And her daughter was healed from that very hour

What does this story show us�

1. Lack of mercy and love that Jesus showed upon this woman (if this story was reported correctly)
2. Tribal pride for decedents of David and prejudice against others by calling them dogs
3. An ignorant polytheist woman debated with �Jesus� and won him over

Seems like even the great �Jesus� learned a thing or two

[Edited on 18-5-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   

"1) Son of God

2) Peaceful, teacher, kind

3) Don't think he was getting any from good ol' Mary there lol "

Sorry, didn't realize that the son of God lacked a penis, or a sex drive, and that a former prostitute wouldn't offer up to someone she idolizes....my bad.

As I said....rose-colored glasses...

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Sorry, didn't realize that the son of God lacked a penis, or a sex drive, and that a former prostitute wouldn't offer up to someone she idolizes....my bad.

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   
How can you people sit and laugh at idiotic , stupid made statements .............

Abstract............If you are considering being Muslim.......then i suggest you take another look at the Quran...........on what was said of Jesus..........Then tell me how Funny it is!!!

How can any one ........Christian or not see that stupid , idiotic statements above be considered FUNNY!!!

From the Quran.........
Al-Imran 3:55] (And remember) when Allah said: O Jesus! Lo! I am gathering thee and causing thee to ascend unto Me, and am cleansing thee of those who disbelieve and am setting those who follow thee above those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection.

Abstract..............are you still laughing?

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
How can you people sit and laugh at idiotic , stupid made statements .............

Abstract............If you are considering being Muslim.......then i suggest you take another look at the Quran...........on what was said of Jesus..........Then tell me how Funny it is!!!

How can any one ........Christian or not see that stupid , idiotic statements above be considered FUNNY!!!

From the Quran.........
Al-Imran 3:55] (And remember) when Allah said: O Jesus! Lo! I am gathering thee and causing thee to ascend unto Me, and am cleansing thee of those who disbelieve and am setting those who follow thee above those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection.

i have read the Quran
Here is a quote for you that i read the other day

Al-Ma'idah 5:116

And remember when Allah will say on the Day of Resurrection: "O, Isa son of Maryam! did you say unto men: "worship me and my mother as two besides Allah" He will say : Glory be to you! It was not for me to say what I had no right to say. Had I said such a thing You would surely have know it. You know what is in Yours; truly, You and only You are the All-Knower of all that is hidden
Just for your info I'm not considering becoming Muslim. I'm beyond earthly religions. I am acquiring knowledge because I believe that is what GOD wants me to do. I am old enough know to actually study the bible an Quran and not follow some religion blindly. I could find many quotes In the Quran and bible that show that Jesus is not GOD and post them here. But I�d probably get a cramp in my fingers and for what!?!? nothing

We will all be judged in the last days. I based part of what I believe on what I have read in these �Holy� books. I base the other part on my personal experiences that I have had in this life. God has always been with me. The Most High guides me. Jesus was Human. God is infinte
As far as you quote you are interpreting it wrong.

Let me break it down for you

Al-Imran 3:55]

(And remember) when Allah said: O Jesus! Lo! I am gathering thee and causing thee to ascend unto Me, and am cleansing
[ clening Jesus of the false statement that he is GOD] thee of those who disbelieve and am setting those who follow [as Monotheist rember jesus says follow GOD no HIM] thee above those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection.

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

From the Quran.........

He was being cynical but he was basically saying Jesus was human. and like a human there are certian needs that human have.

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Abstract...................If you are refering human as Muhammed was human..............Then Yes...........i would have to agree !!!

Jesus Christ ...........Was no Muhammed.............

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join