It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting the final nail into modern science's coffin

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

Coming from someone who took my Fin thread seriously, you and monkeyboy are the very definition of simple.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
reply to post by Serdgiam

I pretty much agree with everything you said. The only thing is that the level of deception that is cast over the world in general is horrifying, abhorrent, and any other adjective that describes its sickening nature. The only way for the truth in real science to shine is to first cast away this lifeless and sinister zombie of a corpse before we can move long with understanding the real universe in a truly scientific and Creator-centric way. This may be idealistic on my part, but it's my wish and I'm going to do what I can to facilitate it. Hopefully.

There are other great men doing fabulous work on the EU, and I don't think I can offer anything comparable in my present circumstances where I have a time and resource constraint.

This post speaks volumes.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Thundersmurf

Coming from someone who took my Fin thread seriously, you and monkeyboy are the very definition of simple.

Oh well, looks like you win the free ego massage. Honestly, just leave the site. Do you think it does ATS any favours having idiotic fake threads plastered all over it? You don't even need to answer that because your agenda is obviously:

1. To make yourself feel better by trying to bring people down to your level
2. To cheapen ATS

I don't think either is really welcome here.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Has anyone attempted to discuss or argue against the points made in the quote of the OP by member "joer4x4"?

....thought so.

The only argument I have heard so far is "We have microwaves and TVs, of course everything you say and think about reality is wrong".

If you dont understand the foolishness of this argument, you are the fool.
edit on 25-7-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

Great post. So tired of theories being taught as fact and when you question it rather than prove they just try to belittle and disgrace you. Many of your points in op have been pet peeves of mine; evolution, gravity, speed of light being a constant, etc. Dark matter is cause it makes the math work, how does that prove anything other than your math may be wrong or we don't know as much as we think we do.Consensus doesn't make things fact it supports the buddy system more than proves anything. We must hold on to truth and fact more than theory and openly discuss theories as just that or we are burying ourselves with so many lies we don't know what is up or down and that is certainly not denying ignorance.
edit on 25-7-2013 by inalienabletruth because: cause i got 40+ staples in my arms and cant type well

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The genius with einstein was that all other scientists believed that in aether in a vacuum to carry light through, and built on that wrong theory. His theory was unique and revolutionary and has been proven by caesium clocks in planes losing time.

This is the nature of theories/science some of these in 50 years time will be refined versions of current theories, others may be a step back to go forward.

I have my own theory why we have quantum mechanics and relativity at super micro or macro level where simple newtonoian mechanics is good enough for normal life. I do wonder whether the brain is filtering out the complex stuff so we can predict e.g. where we throw a spear it will land or a dog to catch a frisbee.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonNova
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I think the only way to "fix" it is to change the cycle ourselves.

I have decided to do that in every thread like this, because its not just about the OP, but everyone reading it you know?

If we can encourage all of these armchair "scientists," on BOTH sides, to actually start performing science.. I think we would start to see some truly amazing things.

There is no doubt heavy amounts of ego are involved, but thats always the case. It all depends on how we actually use it and how we explore the world around us. I think it would make a bigger impact if everyone were encouraged and enabled to participate in science themselves, rather than just googling things that confirm our bias.

I am not so sure that insulting someone who you feel is insulting fixes anything. Division only works if we buy into it individually, and carry it out in our actions. We all view the world differently. Sometimes the most "simple" people can lead to the most profound realizations in our life.
edit on Thu Jul 25 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonNova

How posts like this one can stay on ATS is just beyond me.

Threats and intimidation tactics don't work on me. You best understand that now.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Hey, don't let these intellectuals get you down. I am sure you can rise above all this and prevail.
After all, it was thinking like this which brought about the Spanish Inquisitions and before that the persecutions of the Christians in Rome.
Every time some one tries to "prove" the current system is wrong, they are ridiculed and persicuted for it.
Just keep on standing you ground; even if it does seem a lot like the same kind of things the Taliban is preaching.
There is a lot to be said for the old ways of thinking and the old conservative ways of making people live the way you think they should because after all, you're the one who knows what's right and best.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

I quote...

There is a lot to be said for the old ways of thinking and the old conservative ways of making people live the way you think they should because after all, you're the one who knows what's right and best.

Hold on you want to make people live the way you want? and sod the others because you know whats right and best? who made you king eh?
The old ways? what are you going to do to people who don't want to live under your rule? stone them to death? pfft.

Surely you are being sarcastic?

edit on 25-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I think the main problem is the human players involved, as always. Science is wonderful, beautiful, fascinating and the most useful tool we've had so far... but people confuse the tool, or method, with the sometimes flawed methodology of the egos and intellects involved.

So even in science, the dogma it's supposed to oppose rears it's possibly ugly head... metaphorically and aesthetically speaking.

A neat book I read eons ago, The New Inquisition by Robert Anton Wilson, addresses this very thing... and is a fun read for Fortians and weird addicts of all stripes.

I mean, really, the way we're communicating... the convenience, the subject matter of this website, the fact you didn't die in your early years or have twenty babies interrupting your search for answers (I'm assuming there) and the way you get around... science!

Don't throw the slippery, stupid baby out with the soiled bathwater... or do, but realize the idea is usually greater than the execution but the idea of science is flexible, smart and curious. It's the funding, dogma and boring-ass fuddy dutties who fill it's ranks that let science down.
edit on 7/25/2013 by Baddogma because: added more content for ego gratification and eventual mortification

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

If we can encourage all of these armchair "scientists," on BOTH sides, to actually start performing science.. I think we would start to see some truly amazing things.
reply to post by Serdgiam

I completely agree.. I would become a scientist but I would be the type trying to get the truth out.. I would quickly disappear.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkNite

Fear is indeed a strong control mechanism.

The scientific process can be used in every day life in every arena from education reform to societal and financial exchange. It isnt exclusive to fields that "they" control.

You insinuate that not only would you participate in a field where heavy corporate interest is involved, but that you would come up with something which would hurt the bottom line. That may be true, or it might not. Discarding the process because of assumed results, in assumed fields, in assumed applications may not be representative of reality.

I have the feeling every one here is more than capable of approaching the amazing exploration of life, in its many facets, through the scientific process. You could find anything from a new guitar pick up, to a new method of washing a car, to a new method of doing your hair.

The scientific process and method are not exclusive to any one "profitable" industry, it is a simple outline on how you can explore your own version of the universe and share it with others with more clarity. It doesnt implicitly state you will come up with the most revolutionary inventions in the history of mankind, but together, we can absolutely change the world.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Here's another FACT that MS science doesn't want to deal with.

The cosmic RAY.

They call it a ray, because they don't want to admit it's actually a neutron with mass. It has billions of volts and It moves faster than light. If they admit it has mass that just destroys Einstein's THEORY of relativity.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwissMarked

Originally posted by Sailor Sam

Originally posted by network dude

Are you one of those "the earth is only 6000 years old" people?

Of course he is, just one of many who think that a mistranslated book is the answer to everything. He falls into the trap of thinking that the bible = truth. The arrogance of "Christians" is beyond belief. Most so called "Christians" are "Churchians" anyway.

Way to go Strawmen... last I checked Tesla wasn't in the New or Old Testament and his inventions/discoveries have had a far more profoundly positive influence on today's society than anything Einstein ever did...

After reading your response, I think ATS should let members give out one applause a week.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Why should I hold your hand? Why can you ask me to show my proof, but you can't show me yours of his being disproved?

it doesnt matter what you think you know or how important you think you are, nobody here is buying it, you seem to have the intellectual rationalisation of a child, who can only try to redirect questions in a childish manner instead of answering legitimate questions asked by people in response to a thread you started.

Go and get a real science education before you try arguing with people who know more than you do about said subjects.

Learn the scientific method and the world is your oyster.

Sincerly yours,

An actual scientist.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BeReasonable

What to someone who doesn't even know what current his own house uses?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by inalienabletruth

Thanks for your post. It's so easy to win, because we have truth on our sides. It's hard to keep lies going.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

Thanks for the encouragement. They're only get a small taste of what's in store for them from me.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join