Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Putting the final nail into modern science's coffin

page: 3
20
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Why should I hold your hand? Why can you ask me to show my proof, but you can't show me yours of his being disproved?




posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Why should I hold your hand? Why can you ask me to show my proof, but you can't show me yours of his being disproved?


Allow me to hold your hand.
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...
Electricity moves slower than the speed of light. Now you tell me, what is the "speed" of electricity and what experiment shows it going faster than light speed?



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Just because modern academia says so, that's really your answer? Tesla still wins.

Let me mention again the experiment I already mentioned. Go get a jump rope. Swing it up and then down slowly like a wave. Then do it faster. Is the wave traveling at the same speed, or does it go faster?



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Just because modern academia says so, that's really your answer? Tesla still wins.

Let me mention again the experiment I already mentioned. Go get a jump rope. Swing it up and then down slowly like a wave. Then do it faster. Is the wave traveling at the same speed, or does it go faster?


So basically you have no evidence whatsoever and not a single experiment or mathematical proof you can show me. So I shouldn't trust modern academia (whatever that means), I should just trust you, because you say so.



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


And who decided that he was wrong on both counts? you? Einstein? Nobody has arrived at his genius to stand in judgment. Electricity does travel faster than light, and mass and energy are not interchangeable. E=mc2, how can you just pick a big number like the speed of light arbitrarily?


Uhm, Electricity travels faster than light?

Wow, and to think that fibre-optic networks (ya know.. they use light to communicate, instead of electricity) are 100x the speed of traditional electric networks. You really need to bring this to the attention of the IT world, ASAP, because right now most of the IT world is switching over to FC (Fiber-Channel) NICs (Network Interface Card) because their testing shows that light is faster then electricity.

Oh, yeah. Just to make sure that you understand what's written above, allow me to translate into your native tongue of moron.

HURRRRRRRRRRDURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
edit on 23-7-2013 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)
edit on 23-7-2013 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa
 


Allow me to respond for the OP.

Why would I believe the IT guys, because they say so? Trust me, electricity is much faster than light.



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust
 


I gave you a star for Tesla's quotes. Other than that i kinda disagree with you, based on what i and even other ATS members (which is rare), take to be well proven scientific data!



posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Just wondering (for the sake of stirring the pot) does the electricity generated by a bolt of lighting travel slower than the light that is produced...



posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwissMarked
Just wondering (for the sake of stirring the pot) does the electricity generated by a bolt of lighting travel slower than the light that is produced...


The speed is known. It's about 1/3 the speed of light.
www.maine.gov...



posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
My nick is an homage to Tesla & quite frankly the ignorance of the original post is an affront to the memory of Nikola's intellect.

The man had an amazing mind as well as insight & if he were here today with this ages knowledge even he would laugh at the sheer stupidity of the claimed nonsense.

K~



posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
That the stark realities of our world show the complete opposite of a progressively upward worldview of evolutionists should be embarrassing enough.

But to add even more insult to injury, they also adhere to these old, out-dated, terribly deficient and embarrassing concepts.


Don't you follow the bible?



posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by aethertek
My nick is an homage to Tesla & quite frankly the ignorance of the original post is an affront to the memory of Nikola's intellect.

The man had an amazing mind as well as insight & if he were here today with this ages knowledge even he would laugh at the sheer stupidity of the claimed nonsense.

K~


People act as if Tesla was the end all be all of science. Truth is, while he was right about a lot of stuff, he was also wrong about a lot. Doesn't mean he wasn't a genius.



posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
awful thread, this should be tossed in the junk bin



posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
People act as if Tesla was the end all be all of science. Truth is, while he was right about a lot of stuff, he was also wrong about a lot. Doesn't mean he wasn't a genius.


He was crazy genius that would work without sleep for weeks on end...

But once again lets put this all in perspective. Tesla did great things, he invented AC, and the electric motor, and a number of other things that other notables took credit for his ideas. He and Thomas Edison were very much arch enemies, always trying to outdo each other and get a head with the mysteries for that era.

But once again the key here is "for that era" and the OP is suggesting that about the time Tesla was inventing AC and the electric motor he was also so far ahead in many other things that the OP thinks modern science is all wrong.



posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by SwissMarked
Just wondering (for the sake of stirring the pot) does the electricity generated by a bolt of lighting travel slower than the light that is produced...


The speed is known. It's about 1/3 the speed of light.
www.maine.gov...


Alright... but how fast do electromagnetic waves in a vacuum travel and is it possible that they could outpace "light" in "open air"...
edit on 24-7-2013 by SwissMarked because: Too drunk to properly operate mouse...



posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


To be sure he was a genius in his own right but as you say he didn't have all the answers.
My nick "aethertek" is one such example, he & others of his time believed in the Aether, sort of a standing wave field.
I'm just sure that given his propensity for questioning creation he would, with more information & knowledge, be amused at his own beliefs.

K~



posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwissMarked

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by SwissMarked
Just wondering (for the sake of stirring the pot) does the electricity generated by a bolt of lighting travel slower than the light that is produced...


The speed is known. It's about 1/3 the speed of light.
www.maine.gov...


Alright... but how fast do electromagnetic waves in a vacuum travel and is it possible that they could outpace "light" in "open air"...
edit on 24-7-2013 by SwissMarked because: Too drunk to properly operate mouse...


Open air is not a vacuum. Nothing travels faster than light in a vacuum. Nothing. Ever. Why are you asking me to do all your research for you, this isn't some great mystery, use google if you want. Light is an electromagnetic wave, so you are basically asking if an electromagnetic wave can travel faster than an electromagnetic wave. The question itself makes no sense.



posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
People act as if Tesla was the end all be all of science. Truth is, while he was right about a lot of stuff, he was also wrong about a lot. Doesn't mean he wasn't a genius.


He was crazy genius that would work without sleep for weeks on end...

But once again lets put this all in perspective. Tesla did great things, he invented AC

Wrong. AC was invented by Faraday or Pixii, depending on what criteria you want to use. Tesla studied AC in college. Tesla definitely made improvements to AC and refined it.

and the electric motor

Wrong, Faraday again.

and a number of other things that other notables took credit for his ideas.

Definitely true, especially his work with Radio that was truly revolutionary.

He and Thomas Edison were very much arch enemies, always trying to outdo each other and get a head with the mysteries for that era.

But once again the key here is "for that era" and the OP is suggesting that about the time Tesla was inventing AC and the electric motor he was also so far ahead in many other things that the OP thinks modern science is all wrong.


He and Edison were both right on some things. For instance Tesla was an AC man, Edison a DC man. You might say AHA, we use AC so Tesla was right. Wrong. Go take a look at everything in your house, it runs on DC, not AC. They were both right, and simply too stubborn to see they both had a great idea that needed to be combined.



posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by CircleOfDust
 


Are you one of those "the earth is only 6000 years old" people?


Of course he is, just one of many who think that a mistranslated book is the answer to everything. He falls into the trap of thinking that the bible = truth. The arrogance of "Christians" is beyond belief. Most so called "Christians" are "Churchians" anyway.


Please correct your statement.
Jesus answered "I am the truth, the way and the life. "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"
John 14:6

It is not the 'arrogance' of Christians that gets under your skin. You deem Jesus as arrogant and as such, in your pride, you lash out at any who believe Him. Science is equally as proud and as such, like the RCC, is quick to deem all who will not accept its theories as facts and truths - as heretics. In fact, much of it is unproven dogma, assumptions and theories that are passed off to every child as their daily bread producing millions upon millions of adults who reject Creation and its Creator solely because of it. I am not stating that the op is is anyway correct, but rather pointing out that pride is something that can and does blind one to truth. Even the truth that in that pride you transfer your intolerance and hatred of the truth of Jesus's words on to those who believe him. It is he that you find arrogant. Try writing it and feel your pride behind it.



posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

Originally posted by Sailor Sam

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by CircleOfDust
 


Are you one of those "the earth is only 6000 years old" people?


Of course he is, just one of many who think that a mistranslated book is the answer to everything. He falls into the trap of thinking that the bible = truth. The arrogance of "Christians" is beyond belief. Most so called "Christians" are "Churchians" anyway.


Please correct your statement.
Jesus answered "I am the truth, the way and the life. "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"
John 14:6

It is not the 'arrogance' of Christians that gets under your skin. You deem Jesus as arrogant and as such, in your pride, you lash out at any who believe Him. Science is equally as proud and as such, like the RCC, is quick to deem all who will not accept its theories as facts and truths - as heretics. In fact, much of it is unproven dogma, assumptions and theories that are passed off to every child as their daily bread producing millions upon millions of adults who reject Creation and its Creator solely because of it. I am not stating that the op is is anyway correct, but rather pointing out that pride is something that can and does blind one to truth. Even the truth that in that pride you transfer your intolerance and hatred of the truth of Jesus's words on to those who believe him. It is he that you find arrogant. Try writing it and feel your pride behind it.




Last time I cheeked Science didn't start wars witch resulted in millions of deaths over the years. I love science and still love god as well. They complete each other. one created the other. Its Religious dogma that can not reconcile a mistranslated book, which has been proven to be used by man for his own agenda.

The Bible while a good book, left a lot of other good books out, edited them, to suit their era and agenda. I think, people who act like you are wrong. God, could very easily be reconciled with science but certain people, who will never pull heads out of their 4th point of contact will never accept the truth. The just love waging a hate war against any thing that goes against what they think is fact.

To the OP: I've never seen any one, write what you have and be serious. You have to be trolling, because if not, you have failed to read and understand any of what you have put down. You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of Tesla's work his life and what he really did and did not do.

Any one who points out that you are wrong you attack and ignore. If you can't understand the difference between a Theory and hypothesis that there is more you don't understand that you need to learn before you can even begin to debate any of the subject matter you try and tackle.

If you can't understand the meaning of those two words, and what they represent, than you have no real need to be in this page. I've read every one of your replies and in each and every one, you ignore the questions posed to you, which if you don't like, get the hell off the site your not needed nor wanted. You fail to back up A.K.A prove or try and prove your point. Which you don't and never have. See get the hell out above. Than stoop to a low level of attack like a 3 year old who isn't getting his way when people question you.

Once again, If you can't be bothered to even read something as mundane as proper manors the Sites T&E. Also, I would suggest google for some debate 101's for you as you seem to be lacking. In other words, you started a OP that you can't defend or back up with any thing. You attack, you bring nothing new or worth any thing to your own tread. This is sad. You need to leave.

Yet sadly you won't, nor will you bring any thing of value to this thread. The only thing I have to say to you is this, May Science, The Lord and Admin have mercy on your soul.

My 2 cents
Reaper






top topics



 
20
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join


Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution