It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I HATE you... you parasite...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Haha that sounds like me. I hate wasps, When i see them i flip out throwing jabs, Uppercuts whist using the queens finest English. And if they ever come inside its total war!!!!!..I go through furniture not over it, Whilst leaving debris everywhere
...Nice rant Rod....Hope your not to bruised

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Seriously buy a mosquito net, and cover your bed with it, is cheap and easy to use. I buy mine on IKEA, and was very cheap. Those tinny daemons will not bother you again i promise

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767
reply to post by Rodinus

Thank you for that
the raindance after stubbing you toe sadly never broke the hot weather (Not that I am complaining but it is too hot for me at the mo'), it is worse when you swat the thing then when you look again it has got back up for a second round.

Here is an interesting one, as well as the more exotic mosquito and the tiny midge that suck blood we have in Britain as you may well know one of the heavy weight's of the Vampire community ( not no the local solicitor though I am sure he fits in somewhere ) the horse fly or as it is more accurately called the north African mosquito, they reckon as one theory goes that these horrible dun coloured but thankfully thick flying insects goes that they came here with the Roman legions and have been here ever since though I think it more likely they were already here and came with a wind storm.

I spent 10 minutes chasing one around myself last night.

Funny you should say that Labtech!!!

I have just this minute got through the door back into the safe refuge of our cool home after fitting a new filter on our swimming pool...

You know what it's like working in the sweltering sun... sweat starts dripping off your forehead in like 30 seconds... and what do horseflies like more than anything else? SWEAT

Blummin thing wouldn't leave me alone! Mrs R thought it highly hilarious!

Boy is Mrs R in for a surprise tonight!!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ps. you is laughing at me here holding up a box of those spiral thingummy jigs that you light to keep mozzies away... Grrrr

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
Haha that sounds like me. I hate wasps, When i see them i flip out throwing jabs, Uppercuts whist using the queens finest English. And if they ever come inside its total war!!!!!..I go through furniture not over it, Whilst leaving debris everywhere
...Nice rant Rod....Hope your not to bruised

Well, apparently there was another one in the room last night that badly mauled my leg... savage little b*******

Try putting horseshoes in your gloves next time mate and give it the old Queensbury rules bop on the chin...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 22-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

edit on 22-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

edit on 22-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Edited badly

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by user12345
Seriously buy a mosquito net, and cover your bed with it, is cheap and easy to use. I buy mine on IKEA, and was very cheap. Those tinny daemons will not bother you again i promise

Noted, thanks for the tip User, i keep "bugging" Mrs R to but one but she says that we don't need it...

Well SHE would say that wouldn't she... SHE never get viciously mauled beyond recognition!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'll fill you in on a little secret. Tea tree oil. They hate the stuff. Inf act most insects do.

Mosquito trap

Or you could always get one of these

edit on 22-7-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Around the room i limped (not forgetting i had a stubbed toe)... bumping into the exercise bike that we bought 10 years ago and giving my funny bone a good smack at the same time...

I forgot to mention that the exercise bike purchased 10 years ago has only been used twice and has been many the culprit of a stubbed toe....

So off to Ebay it goes!!! and good riddance...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 22-7-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Funny story Rodinus...I hate mosquitos with a passion. I thought in honor of your story I'd share this tale with you...not a mosquito but clearly just as terrifying...

tiny insect attacks humans

CJ

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Ouch...

Need to sell the exercise bike first if i'm going to buy one of those things?

Looks like fun though... does it also work on wives and husbands too?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ps. Thanks for the tip but tree oil already, but once they are in and hidden on the old stone walls of my house you can't see them but only feel and hear them when they come to sink that horrible probe into your skin

I'm going for the mozzie net

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Rodinus

Funny story Rodinus...I hate mosquitos with a passion. I thought in honor of your story I'd share this tale with you...not a mosquito but clearly just as terrifying...

tiny insect attacks humans

CJ

Us guys don't take much to freak out in reality do we?

My nearest neighbour often asks me to come and get rid of vipers from his land and i can do that bare handed no problems... but a mozzie... NOOOO WAY!

Its either her or me (generally the female who eats you alive)...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

It could have been worse... it could have been a bat.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I got a kick out of your thread. I recently had a very similar experience. Everything from springing out of bed in a murderous rage to my girlfriend laughing hysterically as I ran around the room in my undies refusing to give up the chase until I'd killed the dreadful pest. I even went so far as to get up the next day and google the implications of wiping the species from the earth and if it would be scientifically feasible for humans to do so

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hahaa!! I have not laughed like that in a while! I agree with your wife for what it's worth, your a dork! (oddly enough the same thing I call my own husband). One mosquito wouldn't even show up on my radar around these parts (Colorado Rocky Mountains). Go up to North Dakota and we joke they are as big as birds! Sooo 35c, that's what 95 degrees I think? Sounds like perfect summer time weather to me! It's almost 100 degrees (37c?) here right now in my little part of Colorado and I'm loving it, even without air conditioning!

I have a friend from England who dang near gets heatstroke when it is over 80 degrees (26c?), but the man wants to move to Florida of all the places! I told him not to bother packing anything, he is just going to burst into flames the minute he steps outside of the airport.

Now if you really want something to hate, try this on for size! My parents used to live in Arizona and I would go visit and being the ignorant mountain girl that I am had no idea just how much vermin is down there. Spiders were bad enough, but then there were scorpions everywhere. They would get in through little window cracks, an open door, ect... I went to bed one night after I had managed to get my baby to sleep right next to me in his bassinet. Got comfy and breathed a sigh of relief that I could finally sleep. I felt something move next to my leg so I jumped out of bed and threw the blankets back only to see a small white'ish scorpion! I put a glass over the top of it and got my mom to help get rid of it. As she comes in she says "oh no, that's just a baby... strip the bed, we need to make sure there aren't more"

I'll take a single mosquito any day! Which makes me wonder, do you not put screens on your windows to keep bugs from getting in?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Basil works well against those VILE insects....keep a few pots around!
Also....you can try citronella candles, they work!
However, if you can't or don't want to get either of the above....do what I do...when I spot the bugger, I SPRAY it with whatever I have. Even water works!
Spray it with rage and its wings will get wet, it will drop on the floor where you can SQUASH the living hell out of it.
Works every single time!!!
Good luck!!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
You could hear is bzzzzzzing?
Oh then, you will be alright.
Only the Male Skeeters make a buzzing sound, and they down't draw blood. It's just the females for Egg production.

So in the middle of the night, when you hear that bzzzzzzing sound, rest easy...no biting, no skin drilling.

However....if you hear NOTHING, NOTHING at all....you need to be afraid, and prepared.

PS. I have no idea if what I wrote is true.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Please one more time to the tune of, " The Night Before Christmas " ?

As I lay me head down one hot summers night.
Mine ears beheld what would soon become a dreadful sight.

What buzz is this to ride cool airs thru open windows ?
Conspired by wife and a parasite moquito.

Slapping at ear I jumped from the bed stubbing my stubbiest toe.
As my wife went from grinning to giggling she was even beginning to glow.

Quietly quaffing and under the blanket I know I heard my boy stir
In hot pursuit and bare ass naked I ran thru the house in a blur.

SnF
edit on 22-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I'm borderline crazy paranoid with mosquitoes in the house.

Since bad sleeping, due to having to hide my whole body under the covers, is not something I can live with...

I close the door.
I turn on the light.
I kill EVERY last one of them.
I even bash with a towel on place they could potentially hide.

Your experience is quite funny looking back at it but I understand exactly how a situation like this can make someone mad...especially if interrupted from their beauty sleep!

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
So in the middle of the night, when you hear that bzzzzzzing sound, rest easy...no biting, no skin drilling.

Nothing worse than having them in your ear!!

Originally posted by spacedoubt
However....if you hear NOTHING, NOTHING at all....you need to be afraid, and prepared.
PS. I have no idea if what I wrote is true.

Your tip does have some weight but maybe anooooother one would be making the buzzing sound.

Next week, mosquito conspiracies against human kind.
edit on 22-7-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hilarious read, but if you think those are nasty wait until a house centipede jumps in bed with you. lol I always thought 6 legs was enough until I moved into my new apartment. BTW, when I found out that I had them I stayed up for 2 days researching them, and I ran across this.

Caution! This footage contains graphic material, parental guidance is advised.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cbaskins

Really nice amigo. I may never sleep again.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join