It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Girlfriend that left me.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hopefully, the issue is resolved for you, one way or another.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Get away from this girl far far away. And work on yourself for awhile before you try to "fall in love".

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thanks, Yeah everything is all good now... We are just friends, she never had a new boy friend... as soon as he called me that day, she called me that it was not her boy friend but just a friend being protective of her... she apologized he called.. he she told me she was going through a stage of her life that her health was not good & she was not taking medication that the doctor gave her.. she never told me although she wanted to she didn't want me to think of her as worthless..

anyways its alll gooood.

I'm just her friend lol I'd prefer it to be that way... as well

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure

Thanks, Yeah everything is all good now... We are just friends, she never had a new boy friend... as soon as he called me that day, she called me that it was not her boy friend but just a friend being protective of her... she apologized he called.. he she told me she was going through a stage of her life that her health was not good & she was not taking medication that the doctor gave her.. she never told me although she wanted to she didn't want me to think of her as worthless..

anyways its alll gooood.

I'm just her friend lol I'd prefer it to be that way... as well

I want to comment a bit to hopefully give you some peace of mind, and though I know you know this deep in your heart, it never hurts to hear it from someone else with good perspective.

We never really understand how much love affects us, until we have had it and then it is taken away. I won't go into too much detail about my past relationship, but I will tell you that it lasted for 3 years before it ended. After the initial breakup I was in a weird state of denial, mainly because we had broke up a few times throughout the 3 years even though they didn't last longer than a day or two. I was confident that it was just another phase where after some time we'd get back together. Of course, after being in love for so long, we still were communicating. The truth is we were best friends, and more, but friends nonetheless for that entire 3 years time so...naturally even after the breakup we still had that connection. Slowly the communication dwindled into nothing now after going on 4 years of not being together, but what happened leading up til now is what I want to touch on.

Weeks started going by after the initial break up and things were, very odd, from my perspective at least. She would call me in the middle of the night crying, talking about crap that she is dealing with and things about her friends. At this point it seemed like she still wanted me to comfort her...and honestly I wanted to comfort her...so I did. Things turned out to be one sided though because any time I was the one reach out for whatever reason (mostly to talk to her about my day and talk about hers, the usual), she wasn't there. This "cat and mouse" behavior lasted for at least a year and a half. I can hardly imagine what it was like for her because I know she genuinely loved me back very much at that point, even when she started dating other guys. She would reach out the me randomly despite being in another relationship.

Anyway the point I wanted to make was you have to understand that even if she still has strong feelings for you, she may still be telling herself to move on. The only way you'll know for sure is by putting yourself out there constantly until she either takes you back or lets you go. It's definitely not going to be easy, but if you love her it's best to let her know that now...more than ever. Be warned though that doing so can be risky. If it turns out that she truly does want to move on no matter what, do your best to let her. If you make it hard for her to move on it will only push her further away, simply because she doesn't want to hurt you, she cares for you. She'll beat herself up over it because she'll let her emotions get the best of her and in ways lead you on if you persist too much. On the other hand, doing little to become more than friends again puts you at risk of forever being "friend zoned" before you have the chance to truly move on yourself, and that can hurt more in a lot of ways.

My best advice is to be true to yourself and do what you feel is right. At the very least if things don't work out between you two in the end, you'll have little regrets. Trust me you don't want to be the guy who is hung up on a bunch of things that you regret about how you handled it, things you said or didn't say, etc. Start talking to other women as soon as you know for sure nothing is happening with your ex. It will help ease your mind and chances are you'll find a girl who finds your passion attractive, she'll know it is still directed a bit at your ex and it will make her want to steal it away. That's a fun experience for sure. =)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join