It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Of The Sahara Desert Glass

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Originally posted by LABTECH767
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
reinep.wordpress.com...
ramayanaresearch.com...
www.alieneight.com...
reinep.wordpress.com...
www.philosophicalanthropology.net...

Some context would be appreciated. I looked at some of the links but it would be helpful if you discussed them a bit. It looks like a lot of information and a summery would be nice, especially of the parts that are important to you.

edit on 7/22/2013 by mcx1942 because: add quote

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Uh yeah sorry, I tried to track down what I read about vitrifies layers under the ruins but could not so I may have remembered that wrong or read it from a questionable source and while these may not be the highest quality or of any scientific validity (I would knowingly lie if I said otherwise and don't like liars) though they might be of some interest but take with a shovel or wheelbarrow full of salt if you catch my gist.
Sorry.
I sometimes let my belief override my reason and logic only comes after, Hanslune is a good source and will only criticise to correct or educate in the same vein as Harte and they have previously corrected me on another thread over a similar subject think I'll stick to space rocks and opinions for now.
edit on 22-7-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Great Post OP.
Very Entertaining Video too.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Meteorites..

Sure, that is where I would put my money on it being.

But, until its conclusive, I assume we can still use imagination of ancient people and space pirates in a desert nuclear war...with vampire zombies.

Anyhow, science of course tells us the (rather obvious) answer of course...but it certainly can cripple some neat and creative stories.
-shakes fist at science-

I did read a SF short story on just this subject in the 1960s (Argosy mag?) it had an anti-matter explosion causing the blast when it lifted off after they had an accident which irradiated a four-legged beast that would later become the ancestor of mankind.

See, now that's some awesome storytelling.
Much more cool than us coming from hundreds of millions of years of slow adaptation and mutation..
Granted, not very accurate, but cool nonetheless.
But I think I like the ancient greek creation story most if I had to adopt a creationist mindset. Total awesomeness..titans, godwars, etc...
I feel slightly robbed about this age. Imagine having, in this modern age, giant temples to Zeus, Hera,...hell, the red light districts with Dionysus, etc...I am not one for religion, but I do love the culture some religions bring.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

When it comes down to it, none of us have time machines(not me at least) yet, so we can only make educated guesses as to what has actually happened over Earth's long and illustrious history. That is why it is important to remember the definition of the word "theoretical". I like to take all information as theoretical. Until the day we can actually go back in time and witness these events first hand, hopefully in a DeLorean DMC-12.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Good, but you know all actions in Theory have a quantum effect and in theory we could if it were possible to build such far enough away from our point in space catch those ripples and actually replay the past.
While I don't believe in time travel as a functional possibility except possible to travel into the future without a return to the past a form of parallel reality travel into time relative to our own forward or backward may be theoretically possible but then again that requires the ability to travel into parallel reality's.
I do believe the earth has had intelligent life before, I believe it to have been human and I believe that the old adage of he whom controls the information has the power, I did remember the story about the vitrified layer but I believe it may have been from creationist website as well as sand and alluvial deposits and a heavy layer of clay, All of which may be right.
Don't get me wrong I don't claim the creationists are wrong as I am a Christian myself but arguably less devout as I believe god created the universe and the earth is a tiny tiny part of it. I also believe in the concept of super space, membrane theory and field or string theory.
Hypothetically speaking therefore. if there was an advanced civilisation and something bad happened to it leaving in some parts of the world glassy deposits then what happened and were those deposits that can not be directly linked to lightning, pyroclastic activity, meteor air bursts or impacts at the end or simply during it's existence.

Now I am going to depart from the theme of the thread for one moment but bear with me as I tell you about a UFO sighting I once read about from Argentina, a cowboy on the pampas (Guancho or something) was out searching for some strays that had been spooked and ran from the herd when he saw a landed saucer shaped UFO on three legs with a ramp lowered under it, after watching for some time he decided to take a closer look as there was no activity and he walked over carefully and then into the object via the ramp, he found two floors with a ladder between them and on the upper floor he found two Nordic type males both with there eyes open, he described them as being beautiful but dead in there chairs then some sixth sense told him to get out and he left as fast as he could and ran, something made him look back and he saw two different shaped UFO's both also saucer like but unlike the downed one fly slowly low over the downed one, the both bathed the craft in a violet light that seemed to sweep over the downed craft and he then ran away.
Several week's later he passed by that way and overcoming his fear he decided to see if there was anything there and found a pile of grey fine ash like dust, he past by that way again some time later and the mound of dust had diminished to only a small pile then again some time later and were the craft then the dust had been was only a blackened circle with no grass but the three imprints from the three landing legs were apparently visible.

My point. We would only find evidence of a previous civilisation if that evidence had not been naturally or artificially destroyed.

I pondered this story (If anyone has a link to the original and not my memory please post) and wondered what the purple light may have been, Imaging that time is not just the present but the universe in a very real sense has depth from the place it is passing through (time the future) to the place it is leaving (time the past) so the present actually is not a uniform thin point but a thick sheet now then matter may exist with wave functions as a wave form at right angles to the time space continuum that precede the now and that trail it and there may be a method of slowing some part of it down so that the matter no longer acts as a standing wave form but slowly evaporates, first the molecular cohesion would fail, then the sub atomic structure would break down and finally there would not be anything there, now if the account is true what if such a race or power destroyed the previous theoretical civilisation, for all we know they could be powerful enough to have mastered gravity to a point were they could hide an entire continent and we would sail right by and never know.
Just a thought but the glass is a part of a jigsaw and if it is not natural then the urgency of trying to solve this problem may be more than anyone realises.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
[See, now that's some awesome storytelling.
Much more cool than us coming from hundreds of millions of years of slow adaptation and mutation..
Granted, not very accurate, but cool nonetheless.
But I think I like the ancient greek creation story most if I had to adopt a creationist mindset. Total awesomeness..titans, godwars, etc...
I feel slightly robbed about this age. Imagine having, in this modern age, giant temples to Zeus, Hera,...hell, the red light districts with Dionysus, etc...I am not one for religion, but I do love the culture some religions bring.

Yes science does rob of us of some imaginatory flights of fancy, probably why I like SF, especially the older stuff 1910-1950 which is not so tech driven. I remember being irrationally disappointed in the mid 70s when the first images of Mars came to us, no Barsoom, dang, I do prefer the Shinto creation myth to all others:

According to Japanese Shinto Mythology, at the beginning of time, the heavens and the earths were mixed together in a great cloud. Slowly, the clearer, lighter parts of the cloud rose up and became heaven. The heavier parts of the cloud descended and became an ocean of muddy water. Between the heavens and the earth, a pale green sprout began to grow. It grew swiftly and was extremely strong. When the plant’s flower burst open, the First God emerged. This First God then created Izanagi, is the god of all that is light and heavenly. Izanagi, whose name means "the male who invites", and his wife and sister Izanami, whose name means "the female who invites". The First God gave Izanagi the task of finishing the creation of the world. He then created Nippon (Japan) by dipping a spear into the sea and rose it up and the drops became the islands of Japan

One wonders where that spear is today.....

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942

Originally posted by tomten
This is nothing new.
There was a meteor that hit, and melted the sand in to glass.

It is how it happened that is new. The meteorite did not impact in the traditional way, according to the scientific team. It was an aerial burst. Now it is becoming more accepted that more and more asteroids may be rubble piles. They believe rubble piles have very high chances of creating the aerial burst explosion.

Something I tried to figure out when I was studying the subject a couple of years ago, and one of the things that I tried to express in the thread I made (and failed to express I believe), is that carbonaceous chondrite meteors are more likely to break up when they enter the atmosphere and create air bursts, also and much more speculatively, given the previous high frequency of impacts, and the lessening of the effect of meteors over geological time, I also think that it is likely that on some level, and this is where it gets purely theoretical, that the biosphere has adapted to disperse meteors in order to prevent impacts, or to minimise them. Trajectory seems to be a major factor in this function though.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

1. Made up stuff all debunked years or decades ago

reinep.wordpress.com...

2. Non-scientifiv claims, no evidence to support

ramayanaresearch.com...

3. Indian made up stuff/ mis-interpretation with a seasoning of religion

www.alieneight.com...

4. Mis-intrepretation of a natural event so far in the past....wellllll....

reinep.wordpress.com...

5. Repeats claims from 1, 2 & 3 and comes up with some new stuff

www.philosophicalanthropology.net...

6. Pretty much new age stuff mixed with pseudo-scientific gibberish

Labtech there are un-evidence opinions and there is scientific evidence - there is a difference - however thanks for posting the links.

edit on 22/7/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Fair enough?. I did mention a wheelbarrow of salt did I not.
Truth is though Hanslune with the exception of yourself, Harte and a couple of others we are merely speculating and you are actually archaeologist's and historians but I have noted that when anything rocks the boat it is either.
a. DISCREDITED
b. OVERLOOKED
c. DENIED
d. HIDDEN

The truth whatever it is, is something we all NEED to know.
I know these claims may seem fanciful to yourself but I believe they have some voracity.
In one argument that was put to me the story's about Vimana were channelled by a spiritual medium or fakir but I have not been able to find that story so what is the truth was it channelled or was it translated in the 1800's before the invention of the atomic bomb.
Ask yourself this was it and what there fore at the implications'.
I'd rather go looking in the cave than say oh it's okay kids you go sleep in there, there are no bears in there.
Peace.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
The glass is obviously caused from ancient nuclear explosions. It's clear that the absence of an impact crater proves that the meteor theory is completely baseless, that and the fact that a large part of Russia wasn't totally destroyed. It's just science.

In May, I experienced the LaPaz, Baja California meterior air burst from 700 miles away...the shockwave and sound arrived at the same instant. These are very intense explosions. The women screamed instinctively a fraction of a second after being shock mainly, then blast sound secondary.
They very similar to a Nuke...
Has anyone mention or connected dots to Black Stone at Mecca?
edit on 22-7-2013 by Granite because: sp

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Hanslune

Fair enough?. I did mention a wheelbarrow of salt did I not.
Truth is though Hanslune with the exception of yourself, Harte and a couple of others we are merely speculating and you are actually archaeologist's and historians but I have noted that when anything rocks the boat it is either.
a. DISCREDITED
b. OVERLOOKED
c. DENIED
d. HIDDEN

Take a look at the state of archaeology 125 years ago - would you say that anything has changed since then or has it remained static? Going over and over the same debunked material doesn't help the alternative nor fringe side.

Some stuff just doesn't have evidence to support it, its not a conspiracy its just the way it is. We find unusual stuff all the time, the Hobbits and Denisovian came out of left field - you will note they were not discredited, overlooked, denied or hidden - why do you think that is? What about Gobekli Tepe or Catalhoyuk? Those were both unexpected by the majority of orthodox mainstream archaeologists.

The truth whatever it is, is something we all NEED to know.
I know these claims may seem fanciful to yourself but I believe they have some voracity.
In one argument that was put to me the story's about Vimana were channelled by a spiritual medium or fakir but I have not been able to find that story so what is the truth was it channelled or was it translated in the 1800's before the invention of the atomic bomb.

That has been posted here a dozen times if you cannot find it PM Harte he has all the links for that story. (I would but I'm not at my home computer)

Ask yourself this was it and what there fore at the implications'.
I'd rather go looking in the cave than say oh it's okay kids you go sleep in there, there are no bears in there.
Peace.

To continue your analogy we have looked in that cave on the subjects you put up, a hundred and one times, we have a live webcam set up in that cave. What you are doing is constantly saying the cave hasn't been looked at when it has been.

You are not coming up with new primary source evidence you are simply repeating the same disproven stuff over and over again and guess what there is no bear there. Look elsewhere for the bear who knows it might just be somewhere else and I would be very happy if you found it.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I was under the impression that the desert at that time was covered in water so how could it of turned the sand at the bottom of it to glass?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnoughAlready10
Perhaps i misread, but if the Sahara desert is only 7,000 years old and the impact occurred 30 million years ago, what does the desert have to do with the formation of the glass? Was there even sand here 30 million years ago?

Xterran said, "They hadn't a clue as to where the glass came from, so that tells you it occurred beyond 10,000 years ago. That being said, it's been found ON TOP of the soil/sand/plateaus, so it can't be THAT old."

Take a farmers field for example, every spring you have to remove large rocks that have made their way up from deep below. just because something is "on top" doesn't mean it isn't incredibly old.
edit on 22-7-2013 by EnoughAlready10 because: (no reason given)

A farmer's field is plowed each season, which brings rocks to the surface.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Uh yeah sorry, I tried to track down what I read about vitrifies layers under the ruins but could not so I may have remembered that wrong or read it from a questionable source and while these may not be the highest quality or of any scientific validity (I would knowingly lie if I said otherwise and don't like liars)

If that were true, you wouldn't have linked as references sites that include the following:
From the first link

The work is called Samarangana Sutradhara, or "Battlefield Commander (sometimes abbreviated "the Samar").

You know (from me pointing it out) that "Battlefield Commander" is not the real translation of the title "Samarangana Sutradhara"

From your second link:

Consider these verses from the ancient Mahabharata: …and think for your self !
•It was a single projectile Charged with all the power of the Universe.
•An incandescent column of smoke and flame
•As bright as the thousand suns
•Rose in all its splendor…
•It was an unknown weapon, An iron thunderbolt,
•A gigantic messenger of death, Which reduced to ashes
•The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.
•The corpses were so burned
•As to be unrecognizable.
•The hair and nails fell out;
•Pottery broke without apparent cause, And the birds turned white.
•After a few hours
•All foodstuffs were infected……to escape from this fire
•The soldiers threw themselves in streams
•To wash themselves and their equipment.

From your fourth link:

…The corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognizable.
The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.
After a few hours
All foodstuffs were infected…
…to escape from this fire
The soldiers threw themselves in streams
To wash themselves and their equipment.

From your fifth link:

It was) a single projectile
Charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as the thousand suns
Rose in all its splendour…

…it was an unknown weapon,
An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes
The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.

…The corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognizable.
The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.

After a few hours
All foodstuffs were infected…
….to escape from this fire
The soldiers threw themselves in streams
To wash themselves and their equipment.

From your last link:

"The corpses were so burnt that they were no longer recognizable. Hair and nails fell out. Pottery broke without cause. Birds, disturbed, circled in the air and were turned white. Foodstuffs were poisoned!"

Now, are you gonna tell me that you don't recognize these last four quotes? That you don't know that these quotes were fabricated by a fringe author and actually appear nowhere in any version of the Mahabharata?

I hope not. It would remind me of some of my Geometry students that simply can't seem to grasp the Transitive Property of Congruency.

For someone that doesn't like liars, you seem to associate yourself with such quite a bit.

I sometimes let my belief override my reason and logic only comes after, Hanslune is a good source and will only criticise to correct or educate in the same vein as Harte and they have previously corrected me on another thread over a similar subject think I'll stick to space rocks and opinions for now.

All is forgiven, as long as you keep it that way!

Harte

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Well, you could have asked.
Link to the Vimanika Shastra: click here
From the preface:

The story of this book is as follows: sometime in the period just before World War I, a Brahman named Pandit Subbaraya Sastry began to dictate previously unknown texts in Sanskrit which purported to contain ancient Indian technological knowledge. He in turn, credited a Vedic sage named Maharshi Bharadwaja, as well as other Rishis who appear in legitimate Hindu texts.

One of these 'channeled' texts was, on its face, a technical manual for the construction and use of 'vimanas,' the flying machines of the Vedic sagas. It is unclear as to whether any part of the present work was actually published in print at that time, even though it is implied in the introduction, so it is unclear whether it was published (in the legal sense) prior to 1923. The Sanskrit manuscript of the VS lay unpublished for over fifty years. In 1973, this text was published in a very limited edition by G.R. Josyer, along with a translation which he had produced over a twenty year period. In 1991, the English portion and the illustrations from the Josyer book were reprinted in the above-mentioned Vimana Aircraft of Ancient India & Atlantis.

It as if someone in the early 20th century wrote a 100 page book on ancient aircraft in Biblical Hebrew and attributed it to Moses and other prophets. However, the fact that the book was originally written in Sanskrit, while very impressive, isn't any indication of authenticity. Sanskrit is to some extent still a living language, used everyday in Hindu ritual. It is plausible that a well-educated high-caste Hindu from that period would be able to compose a Sanskrit text of this length given enough time.

If you are looking for an ancient manuscript on this fascinating topic, you'll need to keep on looking. The Vymanika Shastra was first committed to writing between 1918 and 1923, and nobody is claiming that it came from some mysterious antique manuscript. The fact is, there are no manuscripts of this text prior to 1918, and nobody is claiming that there are. So on one level, this is not a hoax. You just have to buy into the assumption that 'channeling' works.

Google Vimanika Shastra to get confirmation after confirmation regarding how (and when) this book came about.

There are other actually ancient texts that mention vimanas, though.

Harte

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
I hope not. It would remind me of some of my Geometry students that simply can't seem to grasp the Transitive Property of Congruency.

Harte

Good God you heartless beast! I had to take over a guys Intro to Algebra class last semester - I had forgotten just how much I hated fractions, scientific notation and why 0 to the 0 power is X and 1 to the 0 power is y.

Horrible stuff, like eating a dodgy egg and onion curry.

However thanks for the Vimanas links!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by Harte

Harte

Good God you heartless beast! I had to take over a guys Intro to Algebra class last semester - I had forgotten just how much I hated fractions, scientific notation and why 0 to the 0 power is X and 1 to the 0 power is y.

Horrible stuff, like eating a dodgy egg and onion curry.

However thanks for the Vimanas links!

If A is congruent to B. and B is congruent to C, then A is congruent to C.

There. Not so hard after all, is it? I'm not heartless. Why my very name proves it!

Harte
edit on 7/23/2013 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Harte are you one of the odd people who actually thinks........dare I say it?......could it be?.....that you'd end a math class with a peroration where you state math is 'fun'?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Play nice you two. Please can we keep this on topic.

Pretty please.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join