It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Clarion Exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

No, it's not there. Niether is the "planet of the supermodels" that the Weekly World News proclaims astronomers found this week.

Must you dash all of our hopes?

Clarion exists...I see commercials for it all the time...ask your doctor.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
May-be they have a planetery Cloaking Device.................But on a serious note, i really dont know if i should laugh, or just take a nap!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Maybe Clarion is heaven, and it is only accessible by dying while believing in God. Maybe Clarion isn't visible, just there. How many of you believe in God? Ask yourself, if you can't see Him, why do you believe in Him?

Yes, Clarion does affect orbits. Have you checked the eccentricity of Mercury's or Venus's orbit lately?

If you read the Bible, it says "those who believe in me will live in paradise, whilest those agains shall suffer for an eternety in a great sea of fire". Hmm, sea of fire... sounds like the Sun. Maybe life is a game, and winners believe in God, and their spirits go to Clarion (heaven) to live with God forever, while losers (non-believers) go to the Sun (hell) where their spirits will reside forever.

If you're going to quote me, and use something I said against me, please be open-minded and don't contradict everything I say with "You're so stupid you don't know worth crap about God or the devil or heaven or hell." Well for your information, my father is a pastor. With the lectures he gave me as a child every so often, I know quite a lot about spirituality and Christianity.

[edit on 12/22/04 by diehard_democrat]

E_T

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
Read your science books please!
In order for a planet to orbite oppiset of earth and not be seen without space craft. Its orbite would have to match earths excatly the same distance from the sun within a thousand miles 93million miles apx .Pluse its orbital volicity would also have to match earths at 67,000 mph .
Now your chances of hitting the loto are much much better then the chances of this.
Also it would require that Earth's orbit around sun would have to be perfect circle so that it would be possible for sun to stay always between earth and that other object.

Elliptical orbit means that Earth's velocity changes continously depending on where we are in orbit.
Neither is sun in "middle point" of Earth's orbit but in one focus of ellipse shaped orbit. So object in same exact orbit, but "half year late" in orbital round would still be visible.

So I think only way for other object to stay always behind sun would be if it had exactly same sized orbit but so that "secondary" foci of orbits would be exactly opposite directions from each other when looked from the sun. Even then gravity of this other object would affect to probes.
But gravity of other planets would propably cause disturbances changing orbit of other body "away from other side of the sun" pretty fast.

curious.astro.cornell.edu...
www.websters-dictionary-online.org...

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Yea i just dident see any reasion to go into detail as theres so manny facters involved in this idea its just out and out not worth even considering.
I get a kik out of reading some of these post .Dont they have science class in schools anymore?
ps Do you know that winter in the northeren hemespher is during earths close approch to the sun? Of corse winter has as much to do with earths tilt as its place in the soler system.

[edit on 23-12-2004 by Simcity4Rushour]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by diehard_democrat
If you read the Bible, it says "those who believe in me will live in paradise, whilest those agains shall suffer for an eternety in a great sea of fire". Hmm, sea of fire... sounds like the Sun. Maybe life is a game, and winners believe in God, and their spirits go to Clarion (heaven) to live with God forever, while losers (non-believers) go to the Sun (hell) where their spirits will reside forever.

Astronomy is evidently not your strong side, so now you turn on a dime and make it a spiritual question? In the space exploration forum?

If you're going to quote me, and use something I said against me, please be open-minded and don't contradict everything I say with "You're so stupid you don't know worth crap about God or the devil or heaven or hell." Well for your information, my father is a pastor. With the lectures he gave me as a child every so often, I know quite a lot about spirituality and Christianity. [edit on 12/22/04 by diehard_democrat]

And he taught you Heaven is on a planet on the opposite side of the sun and Hell is on the sun? I thought spiritual meant 'not physical' and that the spiritual realm isn't bound by physical limits. But since your father's a pastor and you know quite a lot about spirituality perhaps you know better. IMO "You're so stupid you don't know worth crap about God or the devil or heaven or hell."

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Of course it exists. I was there just a few months ago.

www.clarion.edu...

I just remember some History Channel special where a guys from the fifties has a nice drawing of a Clarion spaceship, with details down to even bathrooms. Quite funny, actually.

All in all, the whole UFO things has gone a bit like pop culture such as movies and TV. Saucy in the 20-30s, conspiratorial in the 40s, campy in the 50s and 60s, and all of a sudden horror movie like in the 70-80s.

I'd say about 10% is honest observation and study, and 90% is a mere shadow of pop culture.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Also it would require that Earth's orbit around sun would have to be perfect circle so that it would be possible for sun to stay always between earth and that other object.

No, it wouldn't. If it was always on the other side of the Earth, it would just be further from Earth or closer to. It never changes velocity unless someting major happenes, like an asteroid hits Earth.

The velocity isn't always changing, it is just accelerating at different rates constantly. I don't mean speeding up, but I mean because it's not following a perfectly straight line of travel. Now if you read your science books an object that is not following a perfectly straight line of travel is accelerating.

Space probes only use Earth for the slingshot effect to travel at higher speeds to other planets. Not the Sun. If they used the Sun, they would be fried within a matter of seconds. Hence they never get a good look at the Sun or whatever may be behind it. They only travel towards their destination.

Many people have said that we would have seen this object during a solar eclipse, and that there was nothing found. No, that is impossible. Try this experiment:

Have a friend hold a flashlight and a marble behind it. Turn the flashlight on. Have another friend move a small piece of cardboard in front of the flashlight. Do you see the marble? No. It's because the flashlight is still in front of the marble, regardless of whatever may be in front of the flashlight blocking the light.

EyesOfTheFuture: In my opinion, that is what heaven is. He didn't teach me that.

[edit on 12/23/04 by diehard_democrat]

E_T

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by diehard_democrat
No, it wouldn't. If it was always on the other side of the Earth, it would just be further from Earth or closer to. It never changes velocity unless someting major happenes, like an asteroid hits Earth.
Try to decide what you're talking, we were talking about objects in orbit around sun and now you suddenly jump to objects orbiting earth.

And still wrong logic, problem lies in fact that Earth's orbit isn't circle with sun in its center but an ellipse.

Angular velocity of object is much bigger near/in perihelion when compared to angular velocity in aphelion.
So objects could be on different sides of sun only when other is in aphelion and other in perihelion, but shortly after that different angular velocities would quickly cause "movement" of sun away from between them.

Try to sometime read about Kepler's laws.

www-istp.gsfc.nasa.gov...]

hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

Space probes only use Earth for the slingshot effect to travel at higher speeds to other planets...
Hence they never get a good look at the Sun or whatever may be behind it. They only travel towards their destination.

And neither was Galileo's trip more simpler.
www2.jpl.nasa.gov...

Voyager 2 used slingshot effect for traveling to every gas giant, starting from Jupiter to get to Saturn, using it's gravity to get to Uranus...
Ulysses even used Jupiter to get to "polar orbit of sun" and away from plane of solar system.

Trajectories of probes aren't circles and neither they stay on same direction as Earth when looked from sun.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I believe I misunderstood you. What I was talking of when I said "elliptical orbit" I meant something more around the lines of this:

With the Sun in the center, not off center like in the images you posted.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well, maybe if you had some kind of proof, I mean, we could see it positioned from mars, or the Hubble, it's really obvious that they couldn't, unless it's a Meteor-sized rock that sustains tiny life-forms, and besides. I don't believe in Aliens. It's all the Government...Hee hee hee.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Clarion exists. Haven't you seen the commercials? We are importing fine makup from their planet.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AeroQuake
Well, maybe if you had some kind of proof, I mean, we could see it positioned from mars, or the Hubble, it's really obvious that they couldn't, unless it's a Meteor-sized rock that sustains tiny life-forms, and besides. I don't believe in Aliens. It's all the Government...Hee hee hee.

The Hubble orbits Earth. It wouldn't be able to spot something behind the Sun because it's not far out enough.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If Clarion exhisted we would be able to see it because of our eliptical revolution around the sun. Didnt you pay attention in Earth Science class?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Clarion did exist and did orbit the same orbit as us but was alot smaller then mars and collided with us 4 billion years ago, its how we got the moon, theres bits of clarion still orbiting us

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
You know, that's probably the most likely answer to my question that I have ever gotten from anybody, in my entire life.

And I believe it, too. Supposedly there were two sattelites orbiting Saturn, which "cleared out" the Cassini division, that collided to form a much larger sattelite. I'll research it sometime this week and see what I come up with.

But thank you very much, splitsecond! I believe you've cleared this entire thing up for us.

Except for one tiny little detail:

If the aliens were from Clarion, and it was demolished eons ago when it collided with the Earth, how would they be able to visit us today? I've got to go right now, but I can get back tomorrow with some thoughts on this.

This thread keeps getting more and more mysterious...

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I just read the whole thread, and I must say I agree with diehard after reading what splitsecond said.

Don't feel down because of all the anti-Clarion posts, diehard. Everybody does it, it's just a matter of filtering out the negative.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Why has this thread died, and why isn't anybody posting here anymore? I'm confused...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Every single space mission that traveled to other planets would have seen the planet or been affected by it if it existed.

No, it's not there. Niether is the "planet of the supermodels" that the Weekly World News proclaims astronomers found this week.

DAMN IT... and I was hoping to visit that planets on my holidays... way to burst my bubble Byrd..

Osiris

Urn

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

oh dear god......i MUST have a lnk!!!

no matter how fancifull, a man can dream

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join