It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye West could have been shot dead: Stand Your Ground!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Kanye West

www.tmz.com...

By Stand your ground Brother Kayne could have been shot. Read the link about the incident where he assaulted a photographer and is now a wanted man.

Imagine that, this reporter, since Kayne assaulted him, could have faked a bloody and broken nose, and two very small gashes somewhere on his body and taken Kayne out and claimed SYG.

It’s the same thing as the Zimmerman scenario, except TM was truly afraid of the creepy stalking of Zimmerman, and therefore had every right to SYG and confront GZ.

www.tmz.com...
edit on 20-7-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Give it up.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Kanye West needs to be shot dead...

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Different state with very different laws and radically different circumstances. No comparison on any level, IMO. Not even remotely close.

Now I don't know who to side with here? The Reporter looks like he's taking a bit of a pasting and that's not cool in California, especially. On the other hand, I'd almost consider it fun to watch a paparazzi get sucked right into a jet intake there. So... Which to root for.......The felony assault suspect or the scumbag with a camera?

Bahh.. flip a coin I guess. It's all a wash in the end.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It shouldnt be acceptable to throw the first punch ever. Defense is the only action that is ever justified.

Maybe if more assaults ended in dead attackers society wouldnt think it's so acceptable to engage in fist fights and punch people out for words.

It looks like Kanye was outright mugging the man. If it were anyone else on any other street going after any other victim/property a defensive gun shot would have been absolutely warranted.

What makes Kanye so special he can go around assaulting people without fear of consequence?
edit on 20-7-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Yo Willtel,

I’m really happy for you…I’ll let you finish the thread.

But Beyonce had one of the best threads of all time!

One of the best threads of all time!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

True, LA isn’t like those bumpkin often racist states that with pride would have a barbaric law like SYG, but you’re wrong about the circumstances not being the same. That paparazzi could have embellished his wounds and story just like GZ and the only thing that would have saved Kayne from the same fate as Trayvon ( murderer going free) would be his celebrity status.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Congratulations for making the most obvious, silliest bait thread in ATS history!

Now allow me to go ahead and blow y9our whole pathetic premise out of the water.

#1. That was not much of an "attack". It was like watching two toddlers fight over a toy.

#2. This happened in California, which does not have the same SYG law that Florida has. Therefor, the camera man was not well within his rights to shoot and kill Kayne West.

#3. Zimmerman did not present a SYG case, instead it was a Self Defense case.

#4. At no point in time during this "confrontation" did the camera man appear to be in danger of great bodily harm or in fear for his life.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Threads like this make me check to see if they finally changed the motto of this site to "Embrace Ignorance", because this OP seems to be embracing it like it's a warm fuzzy blanket.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
It shouldnt be acceptable to throw the first punch ever. Defense is the only action that is ever justified.

Maybe if more assaults ended in dead attackers society wouldnt think it's so acceptable to engage in fist fights and punch people out for words.

It looks like Kanye was outright mugging the man. If it were anyone else on any other street going after any other victim/property a defensive gun shot would have been absolutely warranted.

What makes Kanye so special he can go around assaulting people without fear of consequence?

At least your honest and see that the comparison is justified to some degree.

I, though, don’t think a society where people shoot each other for a slap in the face or punch is justified.

I know one can say: well in the SYG law the person has to have a legitimate fear of death or bodily harm and a mere slap isn’t enough. That may be true but the victim like GZ will invariably embellish their wounds and the very attack itself, where one slap can turn into a series of punches, like Zimmerman’s 20 times where his head was slammed on the pavement.

So all the guys here better watch it if and when you get real mad and slap your wife, she may be armed and then you’ll go down with Trayvon as another Stand Your Ground statistic.

Or even slap your kid

Watch out, you don’t know who is carrying a piece

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

In your case there is no doubt about it

Your have happily and willing given a tongue kiss to ignorance

How does it taste?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell

So all the guys here better watch it if and when you get real mad and slap your wife, she may be armed and then you’ll go down with Trayvon as another Stand Your Ground statistic.

Or even slap your kid

Watch out, you don’t know who is carrying a piece

Nobody should be slapping their wives or their kids. Especially not out of anger.

I notice all these anti-defense threads always come back to a theme that beatings and people punching and slapping one another is somehow a common and acceptable practice.

Is it really that hard to not engage in violent confrontations?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 20-7-2013 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

True, LA isn’t like those bumpkin often racist states that with pride would have a barbaric law like SYG, but you’re wrong about the circumstances not being the same. That paparazzi could have embellished his wounds and story just like GZ and the only thing that would have saved Kayne from the same fate as Trayvon ( murderer going free) would be his celebrity status.

shows just how much you research.

There are people from a variety of ethnic, racial, national, and religious backgrounds. The state has attracted a number of immigrants.[2]

According to the 2005 census, the racial distributions are as follows; 60.1% White, 17% African-American, 2.1% Asian American, 1.4% others (American Indians), and the remaining 18% are Hispanics or Latino (of any ethnicity or national origin). Florida has one of the largest African-American populations in the country, but ranks the second highest Latino population in the East coast outside of New York state and Florida's Asian-American population has grown in high rates in the 1990s, the majority being ethnic Chinese, Filipinos and Vietnamese settled in the Gulf Coast. The state has a few federally recognized American Indian tribes, like the Seminoles in the southeastern part of the state.

Florida
these numbers are constantly changing every year. no florida is not the country bumpkin state you want to make out it is. stop being a racist.

do some research and Stop Being Ignorant/ Deny Ignorance

edit on 20-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Stand Your Ground laws or Castle Doctrine, as I hear it called in Missouri and didn't apply directly in the Florida case anyway ..... require a reasonable belief in immediate threat of death or great bodily injury.

There is quite a difference between slapping the dog snot out of a paparazzi with a 'tude or being the idiot getting smacked ... vs having one's head bashed into dizziness against a concrete sidewalk with no one in sight to come help or intervene.

Whole different level of perception of reasonable threat, IMO. Hence, no comparison.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm wondering why on earth I would care if he had been shot?

I know pop culture deems him important. I don't.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

LA isn’t like those bumpkin often racist states that with pride would have a barbaric law like SYG,

:shk: Educate yourself.

Daily Caller - Blacks Benefit from Florida Stand Your Ground Law at Disproportionate Rate

African Americans benefit from Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” self-defense law at a rate far out of proportion to their presence in the state’s population, despite an assertion by Attorney General Eric Holder that repealing “Stand Your Ground” would help African Americans.

Black Floridians have made about a third of the state’s total “Stand Your Ground” claims in homicide cases, a rate nearly double the black percentage of Florida’s population. The majority of those claims have been successful, a success rate that exceeds that for Florida whites

Brother Kayne could have been shot.

"brother" Kayne is a punk-moron. Rich. But still a punk-moron. IMHO

edit on 7/20/2013 by FlyersFan because: fixed link

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
** Closed- pending staff review **

top topics

join