It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alright, I admit it. I have a problem. Advice?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Interesting that you care about how you look and yet you are letting your stomach shrink while your body is devouring itself for nutrients because of not eating. You HAVE to eat. What you say is your nutrients are coming from the drinks and a small bit of food, when it should be the other way around. Alot of small meals throughout the days and maybe a very energy drinks between.

I'd say you are showing signs of nutrient depletion already. Balance yourself, cut down the Monsters, and remember to feed your metabolism...not starve it.

Otherwise, you'll look really good...and minus a few inches...in your coffin when all systems fail.

PS Look up the word "HOMEOSTASIS"-the bodys ability to maintain itself. You have to keep up...or it will give out. That will make all your working out so far...pointless. Think about that!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

7/19/13
Today's temp:

And I'm on my fourth huge cup of hot coffee. Oh yeah, it's an addiction. Especially since I've never said, "I'd love a nice cold glass of water." ICK!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Don't know if this will help but what the hell.

Buy a good juice machine and start juicing. No need for energy drinks as you would be drinking food, and food=energy. Sure it's hard and/or expensive to get away from GMO's but it's still worth it. Anything IMO has to be better than those caffeine ridden drinks. I'm living proof that one can live life without caffeine as I can't stand anything with it. Even the teas I drink are non caffeinated.

Anyway, that's probably less than two cents worth, considering inflation, but there ya go. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

i dont know what farenheight means, but, you are limited to one coffee in the morning.
then normal water.
as for the op. you know what what youre doing is stupid.
just stop it.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Please go eat something!!!

I suggest if you care about how you look then think long and hard about what you are doing to your body. Not only ruining your insides but you are aging your body (face, skin, teeth) prematurely as well.

A few of starvations short and long term effects:

Complete breakdown of muscle, so no looking like your avatar
Bloated stomach
Fatigue
Skin rashes
Adima
Diarrhea
Loss of your teeth
and plenty more up to death

Here is an article on the list of ingredients in an average energy drink: www.naturalnews.com...

While it might be a few dollars more to buy organic (if gmo's have you scared) it is better to stay healthy and not have to pay for doctors and hospital bills which will cost more in the long run.
Start off slow, things like almonds, walnuts, avacados and apples. Then once healed you can throw in some pasta, rice etc...

It's good mentally to treat yourself to a drink of your choice on occassion just not over do it.

edit on 19-7-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

You will have a mad headache once you start trying to get off that stuff... i was slamming one in the morning
one when i got to work

one for lunch

one on the way home

and one when i got home.

nasty stuff.. sometimes i thought my heart was gonna burst.

and about looking like your avatar..

pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Monster.

I. Love. Monster.

I've been working out every day, lost a BUNCH of inches, and I'm looking hard-core. I feel fantastic.

I LOOK fantastic.

I look almost exactly like my avatar now.

But, I think I have a problem.

I rarely eat. In fact, sitting here typing in the middle of the night, I just realized I haven't eaten today.

I'm going low-carb, and been replacing my meals with Monster.

The energy drink, Monster. Particularly the Java flavored ones.

At first, I had one a day... because usually, I'm very iffy about substances, and I never wanted to rely on any substance to get me through (ha, ironic).

Then, one day, I realized I was drinking three or four of them a day.

Don't get me wrong, everything else about this is awesome. I'm whipping into shape, planning for my future, almost ready to start adulthood. I just turned 20.

But now, I'm worried.

Even now, I'm drinking a Monster. I'm about to finish it off.

I've never had an addiction before, and I never had any desire for drugs or alcohol.

But I can't start the day without a Monster.

And lately, I've been getting extremely light-headed and having strange dreams...

My family and friends are worried about my *addiction* (like they have any room to talk, all of them does one drug or another, smokes, drinks, pops pain pills for fun, etc etc)...

I used to eat a LOT. Now, I almost never eat, and it feels WONDERFUL.

I feel like I could run a mile right now. Working out doesn't wear me out anymore.

Now, I just have a substance dependency tagging along for the ride.

I've been thinking about this a lot, and I'm not asking anyone around me for help.

My inner circle isn't entirely reliable for that sort of thing...

Although they're very good at I told you so...

So... just wondering, ATS.

WHAT is this stuff actually made of? And how should I kick the habit?

Juuuuuust curious.

edit on 18-7-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

Enjoy the diabetes. You need to start thinking about how you are going to feel 20 years down the line. Monster is just poison that tastes sweet.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I know its poison...

There isn't much going on that makes me happy right now, okay?

I guess the extra release of dopamine Monster triggers helps a bit.

Nevertheless, I drank the javas, and gave what was left of my Monsters to my dad. Granted I have a migrane right now, but I'm doing alright.

I think I'll buy one when I go to do laundry here in a little while, though... just to take the edge off.

I don't have a house full of em anymore. They're all gone. That's a start!

Thanks again for taking the time to reply, folks.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I know I'm late on this topic, but I thought I would share my own experience with addiction.

It's not easy coming off of any drug. Whether it's natural or synthetic. Even some street drugs are okay as long as used in moderation. The key is in learning how to use in moderation. I drink a beer after work on a hot day. It's nice, it's refreshing, it's relaxing... just the thing I need after a hard day of work. But, I've worked with people who don't drink beer after work they drink rum or whiskey or vodka, and then come to work and drink. That's not healthy. But, I am hardly in any position to judge. We must all be careful to moderate ourselves. The first step is to moderate our thoughts. The second step is to moderate our actions. After this, the rest will follow. If we think "I cannot get by this morning without [substance]" then, inevitably, our actions will lead us to finding a way to acquire [substance] and consume it. If we think, "I can get by this morning without [substance], I have done it many times before and I can do it again." then our actions will follow. But we cannot simply say these things to ourselves with hollow expression. We must take weight in every word we speak, we must understand that these thoughts, though so simple in their expression, hold a power over our entire lives which is insurmountable and unmeasurable. That is how I came out of my experience with addiction. This is not a proud moment of my life, but I am proud that I came out of it relatively unscathed, and a more learned person.

May you find merriment in your future experiences and I hope you can stick to staying fit and keeping healthy. Good luck, friend,
/_\.G.R.E

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Avoiding foods because of GMO and other additives yet pounding Monster a half dozen times a day? Isn't that an oxymoron? Starving yourself and consuming asinine amounts of caffeine to keep yourself moving is unbelievably bad for you. You need a reason to quit drinking Monster? People have died by drinking it (irresponsibly ... like yourself).

The second you quit this "diet" and start to consume foods on a regular basis, you're going to balloon back up to your original size. Keep working out, drop the monster, eat a BIG breakfast, small lunch, a snack between lunch and dinner and a good sized supper. Drink water and if you need SOME caffeine, keep it only to a single BLACK cup of coffee between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner. If you can't drink plain water, crystal light is amazing and highly recommended by me. The snack should be a yogurt, apple, orange, banana, oatmeal, granola ... etc.

The chick in your avatar gets a 5/10 btw.

Also, don't consume ANY food after 8 P.M. - drinks (flavored water) are ok.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Still Naive? because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Hi,

How long have you been low carb...?

Regards,
Tarasco

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Just another fun fact to toss into the ring: Your body needs carbs. Low carb is fine but if you cut carbs entirely, your body will follow suit and you'll feel sluggish and weak because your body needs carbs for energy. You'll be cutting out a part of your body's fuel.

There is a balance between eating healthy and exercise, you just need to find it and stop the energy drinks. I only drink one a week or less now myself as they're awful for you. You can destroy your pancreas, have an unhealthy liver, acquire kidneys stones or damage, and they're bad for your bones. I'm sure the list goes on and on if I did some more research upon the topic.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
If it is any consultation to you, I am detoxing off of a 6 months daily red bull habit. Energy drinks are very addictive, quitting cold turkey triggered migraines so I had to taper off. When I get stressed, I want one like a former smoker wants a cigarette, and I know because I am a former smoker.

Keep in mind how expensive they are.
edit on 23-7-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Thank you for the replies, guys.

I've been low-carb for about a month, but sometimes I cheat and push a hundred grams a day... mainly because I was downing Monster three to four times a day.

Now, I haven't had any for three days.

I tried a sip of a java Monster a few minutes ago... just one little sip gave me a headache.

Just like when I stopped drinking soda. I can't go near the stuff anymore. It makes me sick.

Now, since I've been off Monster for a little while, they seem to be doing the same thing.

Thank God.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Hi again NightAngeus....

I think you are pretty well on track....I wish I had been as self-aware when I was 20....

Remember when you have a Monster Java you are taking in 27(?) grams of glucose...which pretty well knocks you off low carb...

If you need a carb fix go for complex carbs...slower to digest....or....

I drink Yerba Mate, the South American caffeine drink with Stevia....coffee makes me sick (though I find that I have been tolerating it since I started the Lip-C)...get a nice buzz without the hangover...the Stevia is a natural plant the leaves of which are exceedingly sweet but provide Zero glucose...a Godsend...!

I'm also experimenting with caffeine pills with L-Theanine....a nice mild buzz without the crash...

Now, from how you describe yourself and your family I suggest that you and your family may have "Brain Allergies"....

Addictions to food and /or drugs are classic symptoms....(the voice of experience, here)

Brain allergies=brain problems=metabolic problems=pancreatitis=diabetes (if untreated)

Brain Allergies

I, myself,have Brain Allergies and its been quite the lifelong nitemare....depression, bi-polar, fogged dull thinking....

And...I have Type II Diabetes....so have been Low-Carb for about 10 years now....

I can't take any insulin preparations because the preservatives make me ill and crazy....

So...I have to exercise vigorously to use up the excess glucose....

Now, I have been experimenting with Liposomal Vitamin-C for the past 15 days or so and its starting to work....the first thing I noticed was that I lost my carbohydrate craving and my moods have not only stabilized but I have a (rare for me) prolonged experience of 'good' mood....

I'm hoping it will counter the psoriasis that has become a problem....another immune/reaction problem...(environmental chemicals, this time)

Liposomal C thread....

(I enter the conversation on about page 100+...yes...I finally read the whole thing....took a solid weekend...but well worth it...but I find myself rereading it frequently....)

Happy reading (if you are so inclined....)

Let me know what you think...

Tarasco

edit on 7/25/2013 by Tarasco because: Brain fog

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join