It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hi, for about a week now every time i just sit and relax or go to bed when im nice and relaxed i get a voice start talking to me.It always says hi and sometimes mentions names, when it first happened i was like what the # and it told me not to be scared so i ran out my room and down to my friends house. So i tried ignoring them that night, but later the next day i thought to myself why not talk back to these guys so i did. I relaxed once again and once again it came the voice spoke to me like we had known each other for ever, anyways it said to follow it and i said how can i do that, but all of a sudden i lost relaxation and lost the voice. Ever since that day it always asks to follow it then it stops talking or i lose relaxation. Another weird thing about this is if it tells me its name its always different but its the same voice, that freaks me out even more. How would i go about finding a family tree or long lost relatives or something to see if these names mean anything?

Also i can only describe this as being "Tuned" into something(another dimension?).

[edit on 9-11-2004 by coolway]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Have you tried requesting it to show you the way (to follow it) rather than asking it how to follow it?

You could also try closing your eyes and seeing if anything shows up. Since it is speaking through your mind then your mind might be how you can follow it.

If you can give more detail describing your senses when this voice speaks and also the list of names it gave you then I might be able to give more helpful advice.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'd also suggest paying a visit to the doctor so you can rule out possible mental disorders and/or other causes.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
maybe you do have psychic powers and can tune into spirits especially if it only happens when youre fully relaxed like when youre just about to fall asleep, i thinks its when we are most relaxed like that that we are open to other spirits

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel
I'd also suggest paying a visit to the doctor so you can rule out possible mental disorders and/or other causes.

The only problem with this is that many psychic abilities could be misdiagnosed as mental disorders (many abilities are misdiagnosed as schitzophrenia, while this is true in some cases there are a great number which are falsely identified). Rather than visit a doctor first, I would look into the more spiritual side. I would only see a doctor if the ability poses a threat to safety (even then I think you should try controling a potentially dangerous mental disorder rather than medicating it).

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'd say stay 'awake' or aware when it occurs so that it does not lead you to anything negative. Praying helps too. I'd be curious on any follow-up happenings.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
i think you need to practice on relaxtion and controling your fear.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   
What about maybe try to meditate and open your mind ? Maybe that could help you out to understand whats happening ?

What about letting another person observe you while i happen to see if something physical happens ?

-Quane

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
ok last night before i went to sleep i tried it again, i try it every night but it was last night thats different, i closed my eyes like you guys said but nothing happened so instead of giving up i told it i was following it i asked where we was going and all it said was with me, i was confused because it started to sound unhappy so i "tuned" out as i was scared of what might happen.
Should i "Tune" back in tonight and see where we go or should i go no further with this?
Also does it happen to any of you?
Maybe you could try see if the same thing happens, then maybe someone braver than me can see where it goes.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I still think you have to get rid of your fear. Don�t get me wrong fear is a good thing but if you want to find out what�s going on here then you will have to keep on going even if you are scared. I don�t think your going to find to many people here with the same situation.

I wouldn�t keep meddling if i was you, i would deal with it, or leave it.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
People who can HEAR a complete OTHER being, usually say they are CHANNELING this 'other being'.........

Definatly see a doctor, rule out all the physicall reasons this could be happening. Scitzophrenic people HEAR 'voices'......make sure that is NOT your issue for that can lead you into many delusions.

Google up in ~CHANNELING~ and see what you think about that.........you dont have to be related to someone who has passed on to channel them.........

~Clairaudiance~....is the ability to HEAR things from other dementions that most people can NOT hear.....maybe you are very sensitive phychic and this is what you are experiancing?

Prayer is GOOD advise........Meditation can also help you find the answers within yourself............make sure you ask your 'spiritual guides' to protact you from evil, and clarify your true path. Answers can always be found "within".

[edit on 11-11-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This has happened to me. Let me just say that IMO unless something very tramatic has happened you cant become a scitzo overnight. If you feel in "tune" to something then chances are that is what is going on. I would be weary about letting a doc in on this because their soulution will most likely be drugs.

As for me I had a few voices talk to me in that place between sleep and awake. Its very rare and most of the time Im not focused enough to hear the whole phrase and remeber it. Sometimes its just my name being called out. One time it was very clear and very loud. A very evil raspy female voice told me "look to the 17th day" and I jumped sraight up. I wrote it down in my dream journal the next morning. To be honest it scared the !@#$ out of me. Well about 5 months passed, and I had been very careful every 17th day of the month. With everything going on in my life I eventually forgot about this "warning" and on April 17th 2003 something very bad happened to me that I am still paying for today.

I would pay close attention to these "voices" and go with your gut about their intentions. I would never follow any presence unless I had a very good feeling about it. It sounds like the last time you initiated this and that may be why the voice sounded upset because it wants the power and you may have invaded it when that is the very thing it has been doing to you. In this case IMO I would not trust this voice solely for that reason. Keep in mind always that you have the power and nothing can touch you. I have had invaders before (growler) on my way to AP and rid myself of them very quickly by laughing at them. Go with your gut because you are the only one who truely knows whats going on.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Look for anything out of the ordinary in your daily life. If you find something that seems to be calling you you might want to consider following it. If this voice is telling you about something that has yet to happen then it might be that simple.

Try asking it to send you a sign to help you follow it. I am running out of ideas but if I think of something, I will do what I can.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hi, this lunch i "Tuned" in again and i asked "it" a couple questions, at first i just asked if "it" knew about the future, it told me it was the future, i was scared and i went all cold and shivers went down my spine. How can i follow the future? Anyway i asked "it" about the machines under mars and it replied "im the future of you, not them" that confused me, and i couldnt think of nothing more to ask and out of nowhere it told me to be careful as we dont have long, i asked what it meant but all it would say after that was to follow it again so i "Tuned" out.

I am getting a appointment tomorrow and will search google on channeling.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
my voices are differnet than others here. i think it is a mental disorder but its not to bad

My voices talk to me inside my head not out side. mostly at night when imy praying or relaxing/trying to meditate. I have control over all of them except "sell your soul" person. Some times its kinda fun though like relaxing in math class and hereing them all agrue, than I join in.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
coolway, i don't suggest that u follow it, it could be a trap. Never trust anything outside of the physical world. This 'thing' that u talk to could be a demon of some sort, so be careful. Curiosity can get us into tight spots sometimes...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i have decided to stop where i am and go no further, maybe one day i may be more brave and try again but for now i dont think im up to it. After all anything could happen we just wont know for sure exactly what.

new topics

top topics

join