It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows Movie Maker problem (please help me out, I'm an idiot)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I've gotten a good feel for movie maker (its not LIVE movie maker, its regular movie maker). And I've made my first conspiracy-related mini-documentary for my un-awakened friends to watch.

I finally got it flawless, but now, the movie maker refuses to convert the project file into a movie file.

Its not saying there's anything wrong at all.

But, for some reason, when I click "Save Movie File," it loads to about 4 percent, then refuses to load anymore.

I have at least a hundred free GB on my laptop, so hardware space is not the problem. All my other projects are converting just fine. But for some reason, this hour-long video will not convert.

I've let the laptop sit for four hours straight, and it still won't load past 4 percent.

I REALLY want this thing as a movie file, I have a lot of people I want to show it to.

PLEASE tell me what's going on here, it's really irritating. I worked extremely hard on this film, its the best video I've made yet, I really don't want it to go to waste.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Does it save as a project? Save it as a project reboot and try to save it as a movie again. Movie Maker can be a frustrating program.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Use the export movie feature, save it with new name. Also i would try doing a lower resolution version first, one for mobile devices or something to that effect. It will cut down on file creation times. If movie maker successfully saves the files, then you can increase the quality for pc oh dvd whatever your taste it.

The original movie maker is really finicky, i much prefer the one that comes from windows essentials, as an add on for Windows 7.

Do you have any updates for windows? I would check for optional updates and include them, may help you.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I find that having no other programs operating helps free up RAM (random access memory) and sometimes I'll go into the control panel and manually adjust the levels of memory available when Im saving a movie. You may find that as someone else said, using a smaller resolution will make it easier for your computer to function properly while saving the movie. Otherwise, your movie can come out choppy etc. I sometimes will save/burn directly to DVD in the drive rather to save a step, and that seems faster too. Will you be sharing this video here

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Just a thought, but what OS/file system are you using?
Some software wont go past the 4 gig limit.

Check that your hard drive is NTFS. Fat has a 4 gig limit on file size if memory serves me well.
edit on 17-7-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I've tried saving it with a different format instead of high quality... it just reached 4 percent.

We'll see if it goes any further... God willing...

I WANT to share the video here, but one of the songs in the video has a little profanity.

Afraid my haters will toss my vid in the trash bin... meh.

I can't save it to a DVD, I'm using an HP Mini... no disk drive.

Although, I wonder if I can save the project file onto a USB and convert it on another computer...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I've done that before, save it to a micro sd card, say 8gb and make video on a "better" computer.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I figured it out!

I watched what small portion of this project WAS saved as a movie file, and it comes to an abrupt stop at a particular "pandemic" scene.

This clip/scene caused problems and glitches while I was making the project.

All I gotta do is replace it with a different clip or scene, and I'm set. That clip is corrupted somehow.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

if you like I could help you I run "Sony Vegas Pro 12" so if you ever need any help msg me I would be more than happy to help, but on the subject of WMM IMHO its a very cumbersome software to work with & its buggy, with that being said I would save your work, reboot, make sure your pc is up to date, get all your drivers up to date & check for updates for WMM. but I would invest in better software for video editing if you plan to do this a lot. SVP12 is well worth the cost

This is a video I just made, I got all the people in the credits to allow me to use there art, i.e. music speech ext. I asked Tila Tequila if I could use her speech & she told me it was ok & Lion & Prime said it was cool too. FYI always ask or you could get into some deep poo-poo trust me I know lmao

edit on 7/18/2013 by dedpope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
I've tried saving it with a different format instead of high quality... it just reached 4 percent.

We'll see if it goes any further... God willing...

I WANT to share the video here, but one of the songs in the video has a little profanity.

Afraid my haters will toss my vid in the trash bin... meh.

I can't save it to a DVD, I'm using an HP Mini... no disk drive.

Although, I wonder if I can save the project file onto a USB and convert it on another computer...

One way to handle that is burn the files to an ISO file on a USB drive to backup, and then copy to another computer to convert it. I used to use AppGeeker DVD Creator many years ago, look it up

www.appgeeker.com...

It can burn files to ISO files, DVD folder or DVD discs. It may not be what you're looking for but it's worth a shot.

Hope it works for you.

new topics

top topics

join