It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows white Milwaukee man shooting black teen as mother watches

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Hi all

The trial for John spooner has started and during opening arguments jurors saw a video that shows him confront a 13 year old boy outside of his house and fatally shooting him in the chest as his mother watched from the porch.

He said he wanted to teach the boy a lesson because he thought he stole his shotgun. H points the gun at the boy then at his mom telling her call 911 because he gonna teach him a lesson then turns and shoots him in the chest..

I can't imagine watching my son get shot like that. This kid was only 13, and stuff is so easy to replace, and nothing that gets stolen is worth a 13 year olds life

www.rawstory.com...

Surveillance video submitted to a court on Tuesday showed a 76-year-old white Milwaukee man fatally shooting his 13-year-old black neighbor in the chest as the teen’s mother watched

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Murder - Check
Premeditated - Check
Evidence - Check

Life without parole - Check

I will be interested the attention this gets and the result.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Oh he's a mental defect alright. I'd agree with that defense if it wasn't a stand in for excusing the crime. He deserves to die in prison. He just strikes me as the evil version of the mean old SOB every neighborhood seems to have around somewhere who hates themselves, hates the world and eventually, goes too far with someone.

One less nut case to menace society would be my thoughts. What a cold blooded bastard. The kid was absolutely no threat by any stretch. It was a straight out execution like shooting a dog.

edit on 17-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't even want to watch this filth. It sounded like the plot to the movie with Clint Eastwood (damn it can't think of it) but this old man forgets that he's not supposed to shoot.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'm not trying to judge the mom at all,but I would have made my way off that porch and in between the gun and my son..
edit on 17-7-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
WI has "stand your ground laws".

He can testify he thought the boy had a lethal weapon. Hell, he can testify that he thought the boy intended to go get the shotgun stolen from him. Best I can tell, all you need is a decent lawyer to pull it off.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It looked like he "the racist white man" had the gun out the whole time , why didnt the black kid run off? common sense survival 101

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

UPDATE: After deliberating for less than two hours, the jury returned a verdict on Wednesday afternoon saying that Spooner is guilty of intentional homicide. The jurors left the courtroom to deliberate at 11:20 a.m. on Wednesday and handed their verdict to the judge at 1:10 p.m.. The verdict was read to the court 40 minutes later.
from original link by op,seems it didnt take long to find this nutjob guilty,and rightfully so this is the exact type of person who should not be allowed to roam free and act like this.

trying to "teach some one a lesson" by shooting them belongs in a cold dark cage ,this man was in no fear of his life and even on the off chance the kid did take his shot gun he sure as heck didnt have it in the video.....this is one of the better examples of an open and shut case .

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
I don't even want to watch this filth. It sounded like the plot to the movie with Clint Eastwood (damn it can't think of it) but this old man forgets that he's not supposed to shoot.

"Gran Torino"

www.imdb.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

case is already over jury ruled,dude is guilty as all hell and gonna rot in jail.they updated the op's link to say the jury didnt even debate it long something like under two hours .no stand your ground for this guy this was an execution

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngeIs
It looked like he "the racist white man" had the gun out the whole time , why didnt the black kid run off? common sense survival 101

That's it, blame the victim! Dumb kid jumped in front of the bullet, right?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Murder all the way. This case is nowhere near close to the Zimmerman case. That old miserable man deserves what he gets.

Gs

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngeIs

i will give you the benefit of the doubt and think you're being sarcastic. as far as we know race has nothing to do with this case.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by goou111

Murder - Check
Premeditated - Check
Evidence - Check

Simple and to the point. I like you. I agree with you on this one too. Whether or not this kid stole anything, I can't see this guy walking away with anything but a guilty verdict here.

I too wonder just how much attention this gets by the media.... My feeling says it wont get too much. We will see.
edit on 17-7-2013 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Nah this is pre meditated murder.
There's not stand your ground basis here to apply the law.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I saw this on TV. He's either a really evil person ... or really old and confused .. or he has a mental illness. I'll let the courts decide but I have to say that I feel really badly for the mom and the lil' fella who died. It's a horrible situation. The man shouldn't be allowed out on the streets .. no matter if he has a mental illness or if he's evil. Either way ... he shouldn't be on the streets ...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Why is "white man" and "black teen" in the title? More race baiting by the media? Race had nothing to do with this. Grumpy old fart goes off his nut and shoots a kid to supposedly "teach him a lesson". It's bull malarkey that race is even mentioned, somebody else just trying to stir the pot and keep the tension going!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by goou111

Why is "white man" and "black teen" in the title? More race baiting by the media? Race had nothing to do with this. Grumpy old fart goes off his nut and shoots a kid to supposedly "teach him a lesson". It's bull malarkey that race is even mentioned, somebody else just trying to stir the pot and keep the tension going!

It's the title from the link.. I agree

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by goou111

Murder - Check
Premeditated - Check
Evidence - Check

TPTB could possibly use this case as obvious race baiting by letting this man off the hook with lets say a lesser charge of manslaughter but then it would, or should, be obvious what's taking place which would be this:

STRATEGY OF TENSION

The strategy of tension is a tactic that aims to divide, manipulate, and control public opinion using fear, propaganda, disinformation, psychological warfare, agents provocateurs, and false flag terrorist actions.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-7-2013 by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by InverseLookingGlass
WI has "stand your ground laws".

He can testify he thought the boy had a lethal weapon. Hell, he can testify that he thought the boy intended to go get the shotgun stolen from him. Best I can tell, all you need is a decent lawyer to pull it off.

SYG laws won't protect him, neither will self defense laws.
This guy is going to jail for murder and rightly so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join