It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Political Party Manifestos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Manifesto's are there to help voters select a party, but what do all you lovely ATSers think of the past and future party manifestos?
Of course, swing voters are the most heavily influenced on what party's come up with; but we also have to look at if they've stuck to their manifesto's in the past...Anyone can say they'll make the UK a better place, but it doesn't mean they actually can/will.

In my opinion, right now the conservative party are throwing statements around willy nilly failing to come up with any solid plan, I can't say I support labour either, ok I've laid down my opinion; time to hear the views of our British ATSers!

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Wow examining previous manifestos!?

You don't want to do that, it makes embarrassing reading.....for all of them!

In fairness to them events and circumstances can change so in some things what is pledged may well be overtaken by events.

The other classic is that what an opposition says out of office can change markedly when they get in (as they get to see the true state of affairs & especially 'the financial books'). This has always struck me to some extent as fair enough too.

But let's be honest, the other little secret is that an aweful lot of people don't really bother with or get too far into stuff like manifestos. Sadly the TV is where the claims and counterclaims will be made, for most.

But the biggest political 'advert' is your actual real life and the lives of your family and friends.

For instance the huge unemployment rates of the Thatcher tory years and the enormous interest rates, negative equity and large numbers of repossessions of the Major tory years became so widespread as to 'spread the word' better than any manifesto.....hence the tory destruction and Labour and Blair's thumping wins in 1997, 2001 & (shortly) 2005.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
For instance the huge unemployment rates of the Thatcher tory years and the enormous interest rates, negative equity and large numbers of repossessions of the Major tory years became so widespread as to 'spread the word' better than any manifesto.....hence the tory destruction and Labour and Blair's thumping wins in 1997, 2001 & (shortly) 2005.

Stop living in the past, look at current policy not past policy

and Labour and Blair's thumping wins in 1997, 2001 & (shortly) 2005.

Conservative Victory 2005

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

- There is no real concrete difference with the tory economic policy they used back then to what they propose now....and everything else they have pledged depends utterly upon that.

(although I'm interested in how the 'party of business and no red-tape' manages to reconcile this with their claims about what they'd do regarding childcare, slight contradiction there, no?
Not that any beyond they little gang of support will believe a word of it)

[quoteConservative Victory 2005

-

If it makes you happy to think so you enjoy yourself with it UK Wizard.

Michael Howard, idiotically bitching that Labour hasn't done in 7.5yrs what he and his crowd couldn't do in 19yrs

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Michael Howard, idiotically bitching that Labour hasn't done in 7.5yrs what he and his crowd couldn't do in 19yrs

LMFAO!!
So true, Conservaties wrecked this country and Labour just killed it

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Conservaties wrecked this country and Labour just killed it

- I think you'll find the nation more resilient than that infinite, we'll survive them all no matter what.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

and Labour and Blair's thumping wins in 1997, 2001 & (shortly) 2005.

Conservative Victory 2005

Whys mine name keep popping up there?

top topics

join