It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Text Based RPG, highly addictive and lots of fun check it out!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrankLY
Now if only i could play League Of Legends in the office, i'd have a dream job lol

if you could play league of legends in your office you wouldn't last a week before getting fired for lack of actual work... or i would anyway

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

I lucky enough to be able to finish my day's work assignment fairly quickly everyday so i would definitely find the time to enjoy the game

I have a closed office anyway ;-)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrankLY
reply to post by Ph03n1x

I lucky enough to be able to finish my day's work assignment fairly quickly everyday so i would definitely find the time to enjoy the game

I have a closed office anyway ;-)

if you think you will be active quite regular, when you get to level 3 apply for a job in my company... i am always looking for active new players to join.... i would suggest paying special attention to training stats and Missions... the crime guide in tc basic is very useful also

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Oh my gosh! Text based RPG's are the best! I used to program those into my Ti-89 calculator all the time. Thank you!!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Love these type of RPGs, but it's been a while. Site looks like what I'd be into, much thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm giving it a shot too. Looks like fun.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I loved playing BBS games back in the day. LORD and Exitilus I played a bunch! Also, text-based RPGs.

Thanks for the heads up

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Is it some kind of MUD? Sorry, don't have the chance to check it out for myself right now!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

Can you win anything in real life? A vacation, a TV, even just a coffee mug?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
TORN RPG

Server down

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
why are people asking to be attacked for money?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

no it's just a game as far as i am aware....

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
why are people asking to be attacked for money?

because when you attack them and lose they gain xp.. it helps towards leveling up i think..

i don't bother with that.. i use all my energy training or busting from jail..

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I remember those games from the 80's. The funniest thing I ever remember was the "T-remover". Could never figure out what is was for. Then I figured it out:

>Place rabbit in T-remover
You place the rabbit inside the T-remover with the carrots. It seems happy enough.

>Close door
The door is closed

>Press remove
The "remove" button lights up

>Pull lever
The machine starts to make a humming noise that rapidly rises in pitch. Suddenly there is a bright flash and puff of smoke. Some smoke escapes from the gap around the door before clearing.

>Open door
A very surprised and confused looking rabbi jumps out, spits out a carrot and then runs away into the far distance.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

I laughed when I saw your thread title because over 20 years ago I started my video gaming obsession by playing text based RPG's. back then these were called text based games, now they call it Interactive Fiction. Of course my games were not multiplayer ( don't know if your is but i assume it is). I played and still own and play all of the Infocom text based games. ( you may have heard of the Zork series) All of these can be found on the internet for free.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.infocom-if.org...

Here is a link to the Interactive Fiction archive where folks can download tons of free games, www.ifarchive.org...

If you really like the text based thing, check these links out.. kids today simply don't know how fun these can be.

I'll check out your links, Thanks !
edit on 12-2-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

ManFromEurope
Is it some kind of MUD? Sorry, don't have the chance to check it out for myself right now!

in the same vien, i'm going to reply to your post because MUD might confuse folks who don't know. MUD stands for Multi User Dungeon and is an online text based gaming system that works much like an RPG. There are tons of MUDs still online today. See here: www.mudconnect.com...

There are also MOO's which stands for Multi Object Oriented. This type of "mud" is more social oriented and allows you the ability to create text based virtual objects and manipulate them. See here en.wikipedia.org...

I spent years on a Baylor University system called BayMoo. I had my own house and pet dragon named stormy. I could set the dragon to follow people around and even listen in on the conversations people were having in other public chat rooms on the system ! The Moo's have their own type of programming language you have to learn to make and manipulate objects you create, but it's easy. it was Great fun.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Any of y'all still playing this? Might hop on

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ph03n1x

Hey man just found this post the other day and i would have to say i am enjoying tc! I used your referral and SnF for you as well!

Anybody that sees this post feel free to invite me, Necrophagist [1924331]. And Ph03N1x i will pm you just incase you dont see this. Thanks and cheers buddy! Hope to see you on there soon.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Been playing this for 671 days non stop.
Add me: Achaemenes [1789920]

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I just signed up and signed in, but whether or not I can actually participate is determined by my crummy phone. We'll see. My username is JohnnyTightlipz and I put you down as the one who introduced me.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join