It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just signed up - strange sighting that may be a UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Since I just signed up I can't post this in the designated UFO forum, so I'm posting this here in the Introduction forum. I've been browsing ATS for years now and never felt the need to post, but last night I saw something extremely strange that I found the need to share. I was at an amusement park in Maple, Ontario, Canada, and while waiting in line on Friday July 12, 2013, at roughly 9:30pm EST, there was a bright green orb/ball that appeared in the sky at cloud level, flew around for a few short seconds, then went into the clouds and disappeared. I wasn't the only person who saw it, the guy infront of me in line also saw it and was confused as I was. The person I was with was looking away at the time, so she doesn't really believe what I saw- but other people waiting in line did see it. It wasn't transparent, it was a solid green ball that moved with ease and with speed, and then darted into a cloud and then disappeared. When this happened, the sun was set, and there were no planes or lights in the sky that would be able to produce a solid green orb/ball like that.

So, if anyone in the Ontario, Canada area (specifically Vaughan/Maple) saw this orb on Friday July 12, 2013, at 9:30pm EST (approximately), please share. I've searched for "green orb in sky" on YouTube, and the results I get are exactly what I saw. Extremely weird.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by unknown28

probably a CL

not to be confused with Chinese lanterns which are red in colour. this is a Canadian Lantern, which puts out green light.

edit on 13-7-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
They might end up getting banned here in the UK after a fire broke out because of one:

www.guardian.co.uk...

Might stop some UFO sighting too...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by filledcup

probably a CL

not to be confused with Chinese lanterns which are red in colour. this is a Canadian Lantern, which puts out green light.

The green one is for Hallowe'en. You have to ask though if the UK fire was an arson attack, I mean like paper and plastics lying around the yard, a humongous fire blah blah.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Cool....Welcome 28....
Orb or craft?, I'm curious about this good view of the craft...

edit on 13-7-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Hey there and thanks for sharing your sighting! And welcome to being an active member of ATS, as well!

I just wanted to mention that I saw a green light in the sky a year or so ago. It didn't move at all, but it was definitely below cloud level, because I remember that the clouds were unusually thick that night . That was the reason I was looking at the sky to begin with. I'm not sure exactly how long I watched the green light. Definitely long enough to be certain that it wasn't moving at all. When I finally I had the "OMG, this is something unusual" moment, I looked down to grab my phone so I could take a pic and looked back up and it was gone. I mean, it disappeared in a split second.

Having worked in the airline business, I know for certain it wasn't a plane or helicopter. It was simply a single green light that remained motionless. I was in Berea, Kentucky at the time of the sighting.

Anyway, I know our sightings aren't exactly identical, but just wanted to let you know that I have seen something similar. At no point did I think it was alien, or anything like that. I'm just not sure what it was exactly. I suppose it could have even been some kind of odd atmospheric phenomenon. Whatever it was though, it was cool to see!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

By chance did it look anything like this?

Source:
1952, Life Magazine, V 32, I 14, Have we visitors from space by H.B. Darrach Jr.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
lol from the description the op gave.. a green amusement park balloon fits just fine. unless there are more details. some kid's balloon probably got loose and made it up high.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
My boyfriend and I saw this orb in Newmarket on the very same night and around or not soon after that time.
it was very fast, orb like and green. it zipped by and then disappeared into the sky

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Thanks for all the responses. To the poster a few posts up, I know it sounds a bit strange since I saw it in an amusement park, but it wasn't a balloon - the orb/circle was very vivid and bright.

In regards to the lanterns, I've seen them before and they usually fall down once they go up. This orb went into the cloud and then never came out from the other side or went back down. There weren't any clouds above the cloud it went into, so I never saw it come out from the other side. Once I did see the orb I watched that area for about 10 minutes and didn't see it again. The lanterns I have seen (and I have mistaken them for UFOs before) were red, looked burning, and usually had a top hood to them that made them distinctive. This was a perfectly round orb, was moving fast, and very bright.

To the poster regarding Newmarket, how long did you see the orb for? I saw it at Wonderland, so Newmarket is about 15 minutes away at most and it would be visible.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
sounds like a green bolide for sure, very common but puts on quite a show! They often hail from the asteroid belt near Mars and get knocked out of orbit by gravitational forces

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SoupOfTheEvening

I saw the same thing, at the same time in Newmarket. I was with 4 other guys and we all saw it together.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I was with 4 other guys out in a field in Newmarket and all 5 of us saw it. Around the same time (I'm estimating based on texts I sent a couple of hours afterwards as we were all too busy talking about it to text anybody at the exact time) It was heading west to east, well below 10,000 feet (probably closer to 5,000), as a pilot I can confidently say it wasn't a plane or helicopter, it made no noise and went in a straight line. As for the person saying it was a meteor - nope. It was a craft of some sort that had a propulsion system which gave it quite some speed and it was obviously a bright green orb-like object.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
...and not one of the 5 of you bothered to film it?

new topics

top topics

join