It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't get away from religious crap

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

I will take your silence as to my larger points to mean that you don't have a criticism of it.

link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Evidently

you MIGHT be learning . . . if that is remotely close to the operative word . . .

about

how many Christians feel

unable to avoid the

--RELIGION of scientism with it's death grip on

--government
--education
--media
--entertainment
. . .

and

unable to avoid the

--RELIGION of atheism (per the Supreme Court's rather logical and accurate labeling)

with it's similar death grips.

But hey, we sympathize.

It can be quite an annoying shock to have to breathe the same air and travel the same streets as folks who have the audacity to want you and your values to be obliterated . . . or at least shoved down a very deep and unseen dark hole.

edit on 13/7/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

link   

Look at it this way... I'm tired of seeing people complain about something that in reality, doesn't effect them in any way, shape or form, other than tickling their "bitch about it for no reason" nerve. So... I guess I'm in the same boat, wouldn't you think? I'm sick and tired of hearing about this. Live and let live. You cant have one and not the other. That would just be hipocritical and unequal. Imagine that... things a person reads can upset them.

Doesn't affect them? Really? Tell ya what, take a trip to religiously plagued Saudi Arabia, stand in the center of a crowd there and yell, "I'm gay!" After we stitch your head back on we'll fly you to Iran.

In Iran, and if you're a woman, when you get raped you should run right to a Muslim cleric for help. Of course, the help you'll receive is a hundred lashes and a death sentence.

But don't worry! We'll bring you back to life because your trip isn't done yet. You need to move to any of the depressed nations in Africa where Christianity demands that condoms and birth control are against god.

Doesn't affect anyone? Please.

You might think that this only happens over there somewhere, but because of the religious tolerance that you are expressing, this savagery will in your town before you can say "NO MORE RELIGIOUS CRAP!"
edit on 7/13/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

This is the very passage in the Bible my class was studying when I
disagreed with my sunday school teacher.I was told the swords were
the Bible.
off topic...
I am a christian and a gun owner and have my CCW.I no longer discuss
what type of guns,or the amount of ammo,I have!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

I will take your silence as to my larger points to mean that you don't have a criticism of it.

No.. Take them as you not making sense. That's where the "are you kidding" came from.

Nothing of what you said had any basis at all. You're just pulling stuff out of your nether regions without any thought of what you're saying.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Look at it this way... I'm tired of seeing people complain about something that in reality, doesn't effect them in any way, shape or form, other than tickling their "bitch about it for no reason" nerve. So... I guess I'm in the same boat, wouldn't you think? I'm sick and tired of hearing about this. Live and let live. You cant have one and not the other. That would just be hipocritical and unequal. Imagine that... things a person reads can upset them.

Doesn't affect them? Really? Tell ya what, take a trip to religiously plagued Saudi Arabia, stand in the center of a crowd there and yell, "I'm gay!" After we stitch your head back on we'll fly you to Iran.

In Iran, and if you're a woman, when you get raped you should run right to a Muslim cleric for help. Of course, the help you'll receive is a hundred lashes and a death sentence.

But don't worry! We'll bring you back to life because your trip isn't done yet. You need to move to any of the depressed nations in Africa where Christianity demands that condoms and birth control are against god.

Doesn't affect anyone? Please.

I'm sorry... were we talking about Saudi? No? What does that have to do with the price of eggs in america?

stay on track here...

If you're refering to muslims in general... No.. they are NOT all like that. That's like saying all Christans belong to the Westbro Baptist Church. How ignorant of you.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

To the Christians who annoy you can always say. What does Matthew 7 say about judging others without pulling out your log from your third eye?

Christians don't bother me. It's all of it. All god-based desert religions that will destroy mankind.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I used to be tolerant but I reached FULL several years ago. Now if someone says the word "Jesus" I want to stick my finger down my throat and throw up all over them all the while hoping I have had a good meal.

The religious don't understand how nauseating the repitition is. We've had 2000 years of the SOS. Enough.

He's a no-show.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

When did giving and compassion become exclusive to religion?

It doesn't. I didn't say that it did.
That was actually the point I was making. I was just commenting on my experience.

You want to believe in a god, well fine, but I don't want to see it on the streets or in my mail.

I don't know why everyone on ATS just HAS to argue with everyone, even though there's nothing to argue about. I'm an atheist. Don't get your panties in a knot. If you don't want to see it in the streets, look the other way. People have the freedom of speech in this country. If you don't like it, move somewhere where they don't.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. People demand they have their freedoms and they pay lip service to freedom, but what they really mean is they support freedom ONLY for people they agree with. Those they don't agree with, well, forget them.

Why does religion have a right to be in our faces, but not sex?

Are you serious? Sex is in our faces every day.

edit on 7/13/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I am sorry but Jigger has painted a pretty good picture of muslims.
There are the westernized muslims and the middleastern muslims.
I know that there are the sunni and #es,it all boils down to which
side of the globe they are on!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Oh, really?

The Christians et al are slated, according to you, to destroy mankind?

Wellllllllllllllll, it's the Communist atheists in Russia, China et al who have destroyed more than 150 million individuals. I forget the better estimate.

And, the Commie in the Blackened house is gearing up, as ordered, to trigger WW3 to further carry on their population reduction schemes toward their goal of only 200-500 million global citizens left.

Yet you're concerned about the Christians . . . who have built more hospitals and schools than any other value orientation in the history of man.

Evidently hospitals and schools don't rank as high with you as personal bias and personal pique.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I am sorry but Jigger has painted a pretty good picture of muslims.
There are the westernized muslims and the middleastern muslims.
I know that there are the sunni and #es,it all boils down to which
side of the globe they are on!

Obviously he didn't if there are a seperation in tolerances. All Christans follow a bible that tells them that gays are in sin, but how many do you know that are tolerant?

I fail to see the similarity when there are OBVIOUS differences...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
All religions are destroying us. Religions cause war, fighting and hatred. ALL religions. Christianity is not ONE BIT better than Islam or any other religion. It's a fantasy to think otherwise.

And yet, in this country, we have the right to religion and expression of such.

I wish there was no such thing as religion, but this is the way it is.
edit on 7/13/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Jesus didn't fight sin by avoiding sinners.

Yet here you are doing the same thing but different and i think you missed the message. Why not ask the Salvos what they mean, your assumption is wrong
reply to post by borntowatch

Really? Why didn't it say, Jesus didn't learn to forgive sin by avoiding sinners? Or, preach against sin by avoiding sinners. It's not whether the statement is in line with religious teachings. It's what people take away from these teachings. One must be at war against OTHER people's sins. They must FIGHT against OTHER people's sins.
They must take the teachings to OTHERS instead of just living a good life and minding their own damn business.

Religion should clearly express that a good christian should just live his life and lead by example, not by screaming Jesus loves you, and gays are going to hell!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Christians are not suppose to be tolerant to sins.I won't say
anything more about this post.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The message couldn't be clearer. Christians are supposed to follow Jesus by imposing their values on everyone they meet. To fight sin you must purge others of their sins. You are required to shove your beliefs down everyone's throat.

I think you took it the wrong way. The way I read that message is that Jesus HELPED the sinners and didn't avoid them. Washing the feet ect. Knowing what I do about the organization of The Salvation Army I think they were trying to tell other Xtians to go seek out sinners and helped them when they can not "shove their beliefs down their throat".

I think you put yourself into a bad mood for no reason.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

No.. Take them as you not making sense. That's where the "are you kidding" came from.

Nothing of what you said had any basis at all. You're just pulling stuff out of your nether regions without any thought of what you're saying.

Which part do you need help understanding? Just reply with the number of the bullet point.

1. Jesus was murdered.
2. Jesus will only return when the world is at war.
3. Lasting Peace is only attainable through Jesus.
4. Any Lasting Peace before Jesus comes is a lie, and a sign of the Anti-Christ.

I would be happy to give you scripture versus to back up each of these bullet points.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
ATTENTION!

The comments in this thread are getting perilously close to off-topic. Do not allow this trend to continue.

Debate the topic, not each other.

TheRedneck
ATS Forum Moderator

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jiggerj

Really? You're "assaulted" by religious beliefs? You have an absurdly loose operational definition of assault you're working with there. Either that or you're quite emotional and easily offended. See if you can get a Xanax prescription or something.

You offered nothing to this thread except your religious childishness. I don't like what the bad man is saying, mommy. Make his stop! That's all you've done with this reply.
edit on 7/13/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

It can be quite an annoying shock to have to breathe the same air and travel the same streets as folks who have the audacity to want you and your values to be obliterated . . . or at least shoved down a very deep and unseen dark hole.

Not a dark hole. I don't care if you wear diapers and juggle snakes while walking on hot coal and praying to god -

in
your
own
home!

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join