It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET structure on Moon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Time2Think
Very cool looking, whatever it is. That's some pretty crazy lens flare

This kinda stuff really gets my imagination going - I found this really crazy off the wall movie on Netflix a while ago called Lunopolis with summarizing VERY quickly goes into the idea that there are a bunch of time travelers living on the moon. It then goes on to basically say that a ton of very famous people throughout humankinds history were actually these time travelers - people like, Benjamin Franklin and Nicola Tesla, etc... anyway it's a pretty unbelievable story but I really liked the way the guys who made it did it - it's kinda like a "science fiction Blair Witch" or something, with people walking around filming things going on with their camcorders....

Then of course there's just simply Moon - ironically, almost came out in 2009, where an astronaut winds up being trapped inside of a moon base with it's A.I. system, voiced by non-other than Kevin Spacey (lol)

And then, Apollo 18 which "reveals the reason the U.S. has never returned to the moon."

Well since you mention movies here let's not forget Moontrap from 1989, I liked it as a kid but seems a bit cheesy now still you will see Chekov like never before, he at least gets to drive the space ship this time, (just see him saying ha that one up yours kirk).
www.bing.com...
there is a full version at WN but it is low res NTSC, Ah well it is in 4/3 format anyway,

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
It could be an image artifact caused by static discharge in the camera .

A bright, lightning-like feature is found on a small number of images. This type of blemish is the result of a spark caused by static discharge. As the film moves through the camera system (see Figure 1), static charge is built up and, when discharged, an image of the spark is captured by the film. These features typically originate at the edge of the image and branch inward. The sizes vary greatly, from small, discrete bright spots (Figure 3A), to encompassing an entire half of a Metric image (Figure 3B). In the affected images, the spark may take on many different forms, several examples are given below. This list is by no means inclusive of all the "spark" images.
apollo.sese.asu.edu...

edit on 13-7-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

Brilliant! Thank you Gortex.

I have to admit as an artist, the enhanced version of the OPs image had my mind tripping for answers. But THAT'S the thing, see? Even science and the natural forces on this planet (and inside your spaceman camera) are some trippy shiznit! Whether there's a logical answer or not, it's sometimes fun to just shut that circuit off and enjoy the view!

Thanks OP for an awesome find, was an awesome mystery... and still is for some!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I am in no way an expert but the images containing artifacts gortex posted have the 'artifacting' on the edges of the images.

The image in the op is near the center and much smaller in scale to the images posted by gortex. I am not saying gortex is incorrect, I am just pointing out how the op's image is very different in comparison.

Just wanted to point that out.

edit on 7/13/2013 by mcx1942 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by CosmicQuest

That's pretty trippy! I can't imagine what the heck that is! Waiting for Phage.

oh my god why!?!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

no no...cant be swamp gas.....maybe a downed lunar weather balloon:@@
r maybe that's where the ww2 German moon base is....you know...when they decided to 'relocate'

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Originally posted by winofiend
Looking at the way it blends in and out of the entire image I'm inclined to believe it's either a reflection or some other sort of super imposed image.

Well all panorama images of the moon like those are a composition of super-imposed images. It looks like some sort of camera artifact to me, but who really knows... might be an alien base, might not be.

If it is an alien base, I want to know how the Mexicans got up there and if they are there illegally.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

I am in no way an expert but the images containing artifacts gortex posted have the 'artifacting' on the edges of the images.

Although the report does say "These features typically originate at the edge" suggesting they're not exclusively from the edge , the blow up in the OP does have an electrical look about it so I guess the alternative would be a release of static electricity on the Moon which would be a pretty impressive chance capture .

For four days every month the Moon passes through the magnetic field of the Earth and parts of the lunar surface are charged with static electricity. Dr. Mike Hapgood of the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory will present a model at the Royal Astronomical Society National Astronomy Meeting in Preston, which suggests that this charging may increase after the year 2012 and become an important issue for future lunar explorers.
www.astrobio.net...

Though I still believe it is an artifact on the image it would be cool if it was on the Moon .

edit on 13-7-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

It is easy to think it only means "alien" because we tend to be well trained.

This is ATS.

Someone using "ET" on this site.... like they say on the show....

Aliens.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Probably helium gas that's been trapped for millions of years, escaping throgh the syrface, has there ever been any evidence of past volcanic activity found on the moon?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

That's pretty trippy! I can't imagine what the heck that is! Waiting for Phage.

This bugs me. While Phage is a respected contributor, it's like no body can think for themselves. Is he/she a the final word on ET anomalies? I'll likely take heat for this statement, but ~ oh well.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
I enhanced it the best I could..
Incredible, I wonder what it could be, almost look like lightning surrounding a alien craft

It almost looks like roots
also notice the small sparks where the lightning emerge from

I quoted myself so newcomers skipping to page 5 could see my enhanced version

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

Being a layman in these kinds of things and threads, I look forward to respected, knowledgeable and educated observations to inform me. I have no experience to draw from, and for all I know this is a photo shopped image or even a natural phenomena.

It bugs me that so many people are upset about a shout out to Phage. You can take or leave his comments, but I for one find him to be quite scientifically solid in his observations.

We can sit here and speculate that it's a picture of an alien base, a hoax, an electrified dust storm or a leaking gas vent. But scholarly opinions are always helpful.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
An interesting pic. However, this pic is but a pic of perspective. We KNOW that the surface of the moon is seeing zoomed in on, but it seems as though the "power plant" appears to have a vanishing point. We know it's not a vanishing point.. unless... something truly does happen on the darkside of the moon.

To me though.. it looks more like a crack in the ground with light shining through the cracks of the ground. To me this is more possible and still very very interesting.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

It looks like a problematic film emulsion.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Here's another one from the same image:

Seems similar and therefore probably a glitch/image artifact.

edit on 13-7-2013 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

It is strange to see so many calling for him every time a strange anomaly appears in a Forum. My guess is that for a lot of people Phage makes the World right again. There are so many scary things happening around us, and Phage makes the boggy man go away. Besides it is so much easier then having to think for yourself.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I find it funny that everyone bagging on Phage has little to nothing relevant to offer besides a thinly veiled insult about people's intelligence. What's that old saying? "If you don't know, criticize."

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I have to agree that the anomaly is a camera induced artifact because the anomaly doesn't appear to be connected to the terrain. The anomaly doesn't illuminate the area around it and it seems to overlay the original image as a separate image layer.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
What bothers me is people would rather post about another member rather than the subject of the thread

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

56 flags for a picture of "Pure Energy." This is why ET believers come off looking like crack pots so often. There are no aliens visiting us, nor bases on the moon. The quicker people stop believing in make-believe and start realizing we are alone, we need to work together to make a better World, the quicker we will grow as a species. Stop living in a fantasy world, I think its the human ego that conjures these beliefs.

We want to believe that there is something that will save us, will give meaning to the chaos, will right the wrongs. We are still so programmed to believe we are weak that we focus on the ephemeral, the intangible. It's easier to believe this, than face the cold hard reality. Our time on this world is short, make the most of it. It's hard to do for sure, especially when you feel like you have no power to make change. Good people will toil for a better world and die. Their example may inspire others to make more changes. That is all you can do really. Everything else is just a side show to keep your mind occupied until you die.

V

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join